ADVERTISEMENT

What will happen the rest of the year...

cofcgamecock9

Jan 12, 2006
I am out after this post. But I just thought I would go ahead and give you all some insight to the rest of the season.

- Next week, SC plays A&M. The two respectable teams that A&M has played have put up over 40 on them. SC will put up less than 24 offensive points.

- SC scored 24 offensive points vs Missouri. No other team will score less than 30 offensive points on Missouri this year.

- SC will finish the regular season 6-6, but the defense will fight like hell in a lot of games unless they really get depleted because of injuries.

- SC will finish outside the top 100 in total offense and scoring offense for the season.

- Kurt Roper will be shown the door at the end of the season. It will continue to build all season but the back breaker will be when SC once again struggles to score any points vs a good Clemson defense.

But here is the bright side... Kurt Roper really is the only glaring problem in year two of the Muschamp regime. The rest of the program is on solid footing and, I suspect, will continue to improve in year 3 and 4 under Muschamp. I look for a vast improvement next year with a new OC and year 3 of a Muschamp/TRob defense.

Peace out for this season. And if you don't believe me, so be it. But remember that I told you so.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: cocky4
But here is the bright side... Kurt Roper really is the only glaring problem in year two of the Muschamp regime.
You do realize Muschamp had 2 other offensive coordinators at Florida, right? Including one who won a Super Bowl as OC with the NE Patriots and another who ran a highly successful offense at Boise State. Roper was considered pretty good at Duke. Yet all 3 under Muschamp....

Like I posted in another thread...it's a toss up. No one knows what will happen. It may get a lot better, or it may get a lot worse.

Reactions: CMac3428
You do realize Muschamp had 2 other offensive coordinators at Florida, right? Including one who won a Super Bowl as OC with the NE Patriots and another who ran a highly successful offense at Boise State. Roper was considered pretty good at Duke. Yet all 3 under Muschamp....

Is it Kurt Roper???

I think people should look back at Duke's record...

2008 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 4-8

2009 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 5-7

2010 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 3-9

2011 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Luke team was 3-9

2012 Offensive coord. Kurt Roper team was 6-7

2013 Co-offensive coord. Kurt Roper & Scottie Montgomery team was 10-4

2014 Offensive coord. Scottie Montgomery team was 9-4

2015 Offensive coord. Scottie Montgomery team was 8-5

2016 Offensive coord. Zac Roper team was 4-8

2017 Offensive coord. Zac Roper team was 4-0 so far...

I'm not sure of your point but if it's that Muschamp may be unable to choose a good OC, then yes that is a possibility.

BTW, Brent Pease just got fired from his OC job at some other school last week after the team started 0-3 and that hefty fella who was Muschamp's first OC at UF hasn't been successful in any college job.

Totally agree with every point opening poster made. with the injuries to Samuel and BAW 6-6 is good guess with who we have to play we wont be able to score enough in most of games ahead to win.

Pretty much agree 100% with the OP . I think 6-6 would be the best case . Honestly without Deebo, we could lose every week , including wofford . I think we beat Wofford , squeak one out against Vandy , And MAYBE steal one against Tenn or Arky . Every other games are L's . Yes UF has issues but we won't score 6 points on that defense . Hopefully the Clemson game will get stopped at halftime when the scoreboard explodes . Go ahead and make reservations at the Motel 6 in Birmingham again !!!

I am out after this post. But I just thought I would go ahead and give you all some insight to the rest of the season.

- Next week, SC plays A&M. The two respectable teams that A&M has played have put up over 40 on them. SC will put up less than 24 offensive points.

- SC scored 24 offensive points vs Missouri. No other team will score less than 30 offensive points on Missouri this year.

- SC will finish the regular season 6-6, but the defense will fight like hell in a lot of games unless they really get depleted because of injuries.

- SC will finish outside the top 100 in total offense and scoring offense for the season.

- Kurt Roper will be shown the door at the end of the season. It will continue to build all season but the back breaker will be when SC once again struggles to score any points vs a good Clemson defense.

But here is the bright side... Kurt Roper really is the only glaring problem in year two of the Muschamp regime. The rest of the program is on solid footing and, I suspect, will continue to improve in year 3 and 4 under Muschamp. I look for a vast improvement next year with a new OC and year 3 of a Muschamp/TRob defense.

Peace out for this season. And if you don't believe me, so be it. But remember that I told you so.

One down.

Kurt Roper is horrible. The rest of you will see it as the season progresses. It isn't going to get any better.

Prophetic.

The worst part is the 2 teams I dislike the most are going to toy with us the way my cat plays with birds in the back yard before eventually dropping the hammer. Then they will comfortably win by at least 30 points. You know which 2 they are, especially after today

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I have tried to be positive about him and give him the benefit of some doubts because I know what a mess the O-line was. I think that was the situation by what we knew but tonight I see more of what you said.

You have to ask maybe this even goes beyond OC. I think he is riddled with some flaws and what we as a program have to ask..is what postion are we in to even think of such a think. We got some bad holes left by the other staff....I do think that Muschamp will get that defense eventually fixed. But I think we are seeing where we are headed offensively.

This could be that Muschamp view on how to blend defense/offense. I think we might just have to live with this and hope Muschamp get that defense so bad ass that a lackluster offense team more than likely will win.

I can see it.

The worst part is the 2 teams I dislike the most are going to toy with us the way my cat plays with birds in the back yard before eventually dropping the hammer. Then they will comfortably win by at least 30 points. You know which 2 they are, especially after today

Scary..but absolutely right

The OP was wrong about one thing. I don't see where we get 6 wins out of this schedule. Vandy looks like a toss up at best.

When Muschamp was hired, he knew he had to overcome the main flaw in his previous HC job; his teams couldn't generate offense. Nothing we have seen from him so far would indicate he is going to figure out how to do that. It started when he hired the same guy that had failed him at Florida.

Not that it would fix anything, but he has absolutely none of the emotion that he had at Florida, and which was the source of numerous gifs. So, either:

A) His giveadamn is long gone.

B) Ray put the brakes on him before he even started because we are a $100 million football program that is merely in it for participation trophies at this point.

Amazing how this has played out. Yet people told me I was crazy. Team did go 8-4 instead of 6-6 but that was because of defense and, let's be honest, a SEC East that was even more down than anyone thought.

Amazing how this has played out. Yet people told me I was crazy. Team did go 8-4 instead of 6-6 but that was because of defense and, let's be honest, a SEC East that was even more down than anyone thought.
You also predicted Roper would be fired.... *drums fingers, looks at watch, throws up hands in disgust....

You also predicted Roper would be fired.... *drums fingers, looks at watch, throws up hands in disgust....

If you think Roper will be back next year, he will not be. Trust me, he is gone. Just as I said a million times already since the Missouri game.

Muschamp is giving him a chance to interview for jobs without being a "fired" coach. But Roper will not be back next year as the OC.

Last edited:
If you think Roper will be back next year, he will not be. Trust me, he is gone. Just as I said a million times already since the Missouri game.

Muschamp is giving him a chance to interview for jobs without being a "fired" coach. But Roper will not be back next year as the OC.
Please be right. I don't have your confidence in Roper not being OC next year.......but I am confident if he is our offense will look exactly the same as these last 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT