ADVERTISEMENT

Who leaves the team in 2017 to make room for Minaya?

All I will say is Bruce Pearl and Avery Johnson would not have these players on their rosters. Coming off a final four run, if we have an opportunity to improve our roster, we should. This is big business, Tut got a free year of school. I hate it for Blanton, he had talent. Holliman had to play some last year bc depth issues. I apologize for not knowing Holliman was a walk on, you don't have to talk down to other posters.
Sorry if you felt talked down to, but these are kids we invited to be a part of our team, our university, our city. They are not a disposable commodities to be tossed away and have their futures so cavalierly judged on a message board. IF Mark Alstork signs with us and Ran Tut is asked to move on, I would be willing to give Ran Tut money to help pay his tuition. This is a young man who escaped The Sudan and all its tribal and religious violence and was granted political asylum as a refugee in Australia. Who knows what would have happened to him if he had not left. FM has advised him not to go home and visit this summer as there are fears he would not be allowed back in the USA.
This is a kid who has overcome more in 20 years than most of us have in a lifetime. If he or Temarcus Blanton never suit up again, they are still people we should be proud to claim as gamecocks. And I don't give a $h1t if people think I sound like Butch Jones on this.

Sorry if you felt talked down to, but these are kids we invited to be a part of our team, our university, our city. They are not a disposable commodities to be tossed away and have their futures so cavalierly judged on a message board. IF Mark Alstork signs with us and Ran Tut is asked to move on, I would be willing to give Ran Tut money to help pay his tuition. This is a young man who escaped The Sudan and all its tribal and religious violence and was granted political asylum as a refugee in Australia. Who knows what would have happened to him if he had not left. FM has advised him not to go home and visit this summer as there are fears he would not be allowed back in the USA.
This is a kid who has overcome more in 20 years than most of us have in a lifetime. If he or Temarcus Blanton never suit up again, they are still people we should be proud to claim as gamecocks. And I don't give a $h1t if people think I sound like Butch Jones on this.
That sounded great but its all about winning. Let another school foot the bill for Tut. Like the great Mike Singletary said,"I want winners". That's what I want. This program has been down to long for us to continue foot the bill for non contributors.

Last edited:
Reactions: thisisnextyr
Good points. If not for bbgun fiasco, this is a moot issue.Frank needed bodies. There are other places where the young man can can still get educated and play ball in the USA. You can't teach rangy and 6"11. However Imo, he has less chance to contribute as a basketball player here than other potential post guys that we could get now. The system works both ways. The irony is we may get a graduate transfer to take his place that the NCAA created some bs loophole for. They even create the idea of new majors for the "student athlete " to be able transfer. This fifth year transfer culture is not ideal, but coaches and players will use the system to their benefit.

It will be Tut,Blanton,Gueye and Keita
Bullshit.

Just like 90% of the garbage you spew around here. Utterly retarded bullshit.

Keita isn't going anywhere, Gueye is likely to be a contributor next year and nobody knows about Tut yet. Blanton is likely going on a medical waiver... so, basically nothing out said was even close to accurate.

Reactions: dcdayday
All I will say is Bruce Pearl and Avery Johnson would not have these players on their rosters.
Most schools wouldn't have Pearl on their payroll. No one cares what two mid level coaches in the state of Alabama would do.

Most schools wouldn't have Pearl on their payroll. No one cares what two mid level coaches in the state of Alabama would do.

exactly right...also Pearl and Johnson both observed our roster advance to the final 4 and miss the Championship game by 2 minutes

exactly right...also Pearl and Johnson both observed our roster advance to the final 4 and miss the Championship game by 2 minutes
We just lost two of our best players in the history of our program. If you want to keep charity cases on our roster, that's your prerogative. Say what you want about those coaches, but they are recruiting like Dabo. I hate Pearl, but he signs five stars. He owned us at UT and had em in the tourney every year. Avery already beat us twice with scrubs, he is recruiting his arse off too. I think Frank would like to get Alstork if he can. Someone will have to go.

Reactions: dcdayday
Best post in the thread.

This right here. Program now has a chance to advance to the upper tier of the sport if we can capitalize on that Final Four run. Do what must be done. Trim the fat. Send shitty players to the house.

You have a good point...But consider the FF run will impact recruiting more the next 2-3 years...I do think CFM will capitalize...But i want him to cheat like Calipari and run it really big time

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
What?? UNC just won the natty!! Dook won 2 yrs years before that:eek::eek::eek: Cheating works and it pays off big time
My like is not an endorsement of the fact that we should cheat, but that UNC did. They need to do the right thing and give that title back

Don't hold your breath my Gamecock brother:(
I am privy to some people in the Seventh Woods circle. Roy Williams is/was 100% confident that his anointed program will not be touched by the scandal. He is offended at the notion it can be used against him in recruiting. Truly amazing, and the poor women's team was gutted for used parts.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I am privy to some people in the Seventh Woods circle. Roy Williams is/was 100% confident that his anointed program will not be touched by the scandal. He is offended at the notion it can be used against him in recruiting. Truly amazing, and the poor women's team was gutted for used parts.
My niece was on that team.

Keita was a bit of a disappointment this season but I'll give him a pass since he was coming off of an injury. He possesses some physical tools that can't be coached and as long as he works hard and develops he can be a major contributor. Gueye is 7 ft. tall and was a project coming in. He should get better each year. As to whether or not he'll be a major factor, we won't know just yet. He still brings a big body and 5 fouls to the court. Get out there and get some rebounds and block some shots and clog the lane. That's what we really want from him right now.
Basketball is not like baseball. Scholarships are for 4 years. Yes you can try to run them off and we ave a big group in football who want to play football by transferring to a lower class team and play without sitting out when the coach tell them they will be on the scout squad and will not dress out for weekend games.

Bullshit.

Just like 90% of the garbage you spew around here. Utterly retarded bullshit.

Keita isn't going anywhere, Gueye is likely to be a contributor next year and nobody knows about Tut yet. Blanton is likely going on a medical waiver... so, basically nothing out said was even close to accurate.

So do you still believe what I said was garbage? Smdh!

Y'all are seriously challenged. Keita isn't going anywhere, because he can contribute. Now...Ran Tut looked like a tall guy that never saw a basketball in his life. With Blanton's injuries, he is probably going to get the medical hardship.
Well looks like Keita is out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT