ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the first Gamecock QB that you got see play?

The first game I went to I was too young to remember who the quarterback was. The first quarterback that I remember while going to a game was Ron Bass in 1977 clemson game. I think South Carolina was trailing at halftime 3-17 or 3-24. I remember South Carolina rallied in the second half and led 27-24 only to lose on a late drive by clemson with the final score 27-31. That was the last time Ron Bass played in Williams Brice Stadium.

The first game I went to I was too young to remember who the quarterback was. The first quarterback that I remember while going to a game was Ron Bass in 1977 clemson game. I think South Carolina was trailing at halftime 3-17 or 3-24. I remember South Carolina rallied in the second half and led 27-24 only to lose on a late drive by clemson with the final score 27-31. That was the last time Ron Bass played in Williams Brice Stadium.
Do you remember where you parked and what you had to eat while tailgating?

Do you remember where you parked and what you had to eat while tailgating?
Actually, my father never drove to the stadium. We parked, I think, in a parking lot near the corner of Blanding street and Sumpter street and traveled in a SCE&G bus ( I could be wrong about name of bus) that went to the north end of Williams Brice stadium for dropping people off going to the game. The Buses would be located at the same place for pickup after the game. Not sure if fans still park in town and ride the bus to the games anymore.

Johnny Grambling 1953

I met Johnny Grambling in Nashville one year. It was the Friday night before the game with Vandy. I talked with him probably 15-30 minutes and he was a very interesting person and still all Gamecock. That's what I liked about him.

Reactions: ForeUSC
Mike Hold and the guy he split time with. Can't think of his name right this second.

Freddie, broke into his apt one night!!.......guess it’s considered a break in:)....was with his brother in law couldn’t find the stashed key & he knew another passive way in.......can’t recall reasons..., but there was a proverbial load of gamecock memorabilia in study.

Moved here in 8th grade as my Dad was transferred down here. We attended the first SEC game ever in 1992 against UGA and Wright Mitchell was the QB. Boy did he stink...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT