ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the problem? Roper or Muschamp?

SC is 3 years removed from a 3-9 year, with the head coach leaving in mid year.
Fast forward to this year and your team is playing in a New Years Day bowl with the chance to become only the 7th team in school history winning at least 9 games and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..
.......you cant make this stuff up

I see you're content with offensive mediocrity. We are one of the worst schools in the country on offense and our record will regress unless we fix that.

Has muschamp ever had a offense that wasnt outside the top 100 while he was a head coach?

Good question. It would be very interesting to know where all of Muschamp's offenses have ranked in his 6 years as a Head Coach. I suspect it would be an eye opener for many. If my suspicions are correct, then for others, the excuses would roll.

I see you're content with offensive mediocrity. We are one of the worst schools in the country on offense and our record will regress unless we fix that.

Your record will probably stay the same when florida and tenn once again become relevant

From Michigan site:
okay i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't you..sure sounds like you

robertfootball Well-Known Member
This game will come down to which offense sucks worse, yours or ours? Should be a real snooze fest.

9 robertfootball, Yesterday at 3:04 PM
Like + Quote Reply
sgacock and Matte Black like this.
lol that's the main board on rivals. Not a Michigan site. Nice try though. You also forgot to mention that I go on there to talk crap to Clemson fans too.

Reactions: Jpcooper
lol that's the main board on rivals. Not a Michigan site. Nice try though. You also forgot to mention that I go on there to talk crap to Clemson fans too.

that's great.. a gamecock fan telling everyone on a rivals main board "this game will come down to which offense sucks worse, yours or ours? .Should be a real snooze fest. "...
You feel the need to shout it out to anyone that will listen to you and it ends up on a michigan board
SC really needs fans like you

Last edited:
that's great.. a gamecock fan telling everyone on a rivals main board "this game will come down to which offense sucks worse, yours or ours? .Should be a real snooze fest. "...
You feel the need to shout it out to anyone that will listen to you and it ends up on a michigan board
Again, that's not a Michigan board. That's the main site of rivals where ALL teams fans post. If a Michigan fan took that post and ran back with it to their board to show, then oh well. You act like it's some big secret that our offense is awful, like the rest of the world doesn't or can't read rankings. This should be a very boring game, probably the team that makes a turnover will lose this one.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Again, that's not a Michigan board. That's the main site of rivals where ALL teams fans post. If a Michigan fan took that post and ran back with it to their board to show, then oh well. You act like it's some big secret that our offense is awful, like the rest of the world doesn't or can't read rankings. This should be a very boring game, probably the team that makes a turnover will lose this one.

The bottom line is SC is 8-4 ..regardless who the OC is next year, the offensive players will be a year older and hence the offense will improve with more experienced upperclassman.

Reactions: Cyclone94
The bottom line is SC is 8-4 ..regardless who the OC is next year, the offensive players will be a year older and hence the offense will improve with more experienced upperclassman.
If you look at last year vs this year we've regressed some on offense. We went from 99 in total offense to 107. Our ppg and ypg are very similar from year to year. I think we will see some improvement next year but not anything drastic.

Has muschamp ever had a offense that wasnt outside the top 100 while he was a head coach?
Good question. It would be very interesting to know where all of Muschamp's offenses have ranked in his 6 years as a Head Coach. I suspect it would be an eye opener for many. If my suspicions are correct, then for others, the excuses would roll.

Muschamp Team Offense Rankings (per ESPN CFB Stats)

2011 - 98
2012 - 97
2013 - 117
2014 - 104
2016 - 104
2017 - 112

Average of 105

If anyone on here...AND I MEAN ANYONE...Can honestly make a comment like they know football like WILL FREAKIN MUSCHAMP then let them stand up. Champ has forgotten MORE about ffootball than all of us combined. So for those on here that want to constantly question who or what the problem is, then how about go donate your time downtown with a peewee league. Iff you were so smart you would be making millions like these college coaches are right now. You think champ wants to win? Of course he does, so does roper and our whole university. Sometimes things are not so black and white. I imagine half of you clowns are part of the RIGHT NOW MILLENIAL generation. Hate to burst your bubble but stuff does not(often) go the way you want it RIGHT NOW! So get off of champ and rope...Champ took over a dern dumpster fire and he and his staff are working their tails off......70% of our roster is FFRESH and SOPH!!!!!!!! 70%!!!!!!!

Or it may be that we have 70% freshman and sophomores on our team and lost our starting receiver, running back and a few starting lineman throughout the season. I would love to see a wide open offense but you have to have the personnel to run it.
Has nothing to do w a QB-WR w 18 games played plus spring and fall ball that still does not know what the other is doing.
Youth has nothing to do w being so predictable that the D is calling out your plays at the LOS

If I remember correctly you were no fan of the Muschamp hire. However, once he became the coach you got behind him. That's apparently a novel idea to someone like robertfootball. With fans like that, who needs trolls?

Reactions: rogue cock
Muschamp Team Offense Rankings (per ESPN CFB Stats)

2011 - 98
2012 - 97
2013 - 117
2014 - 104
2016 - 104
2017 - 112

Average of 105

Thanks Owl. The one constant is the Head Coach. Don't misunderstand. I like Muschamp and believe he has the potential to be a great Head Coach, IF he coaches like the Head Coach of the entire team, rather than just the Head Coach of the defense.

He said something along the lines that he learned you need to score more points. He left it vague. Some interpreted it as meaning that you have to speed up the style. Others could have seen it as meaning that you have to be more effective after those long, slow drives.
Scoring more points equals winning more football games? GENIUS...Call the Nobel Prize committee.

Scoring more points equals winning more football games? GENIUS...Call the Nobel Prize committee.
I remember watching that press conference wising someone had pressed him a little more and asked him 'how' he was going to score more. Of course at that time he hadn't hired his staff yet, so I knew he didn't have many other answers. But people seemed pleased with that answer at that time.

If I remember correctly you were no fan of the Muschamp hire. However, once he became the coach you got behind him. That's apparently a novel idea to someone like robertfootball. With fans like that, who needs trolls?
I'm the worst fan ever.

UCF is 2 years removed from going 0-12 and is now 12-0, won their conference, top 10 ranking, and is playing in the Peach Bowl. They've also gone through two coaching changes. What's your point?

Great point . With way less talent than we have .

As the title says, should we blame Roper for the abysmal playcalling seen on a weekly basis or should we blame Muschamp?

Looking back at Duke, Roper did a lot with that offense, though Cutcliffe may have been the true mastermind.

With Muschamp, we see that he has never been able to produce offensively no matter who the OC is.

It would become obvious that if we still cannot produce offensively next year (provided we get a new OC), then Muschamp should seriously be on the chopping block.
Roper's had one good year of offensive production at Duke.

If anyone on here...AND I MEAN ANYONE...Can honestly make a comment like they know football like WILL FREAKIN MUSCHAMP then let them stand up. Champ has forgotten MORE about ffootball than all of us combined. So for those on here that want to constantly question who or what the problem is, then how about go donate your time downtown with a peewee league. Iff you were so smart you would be making millions like these college coaches are right now. You think champ wants to win? Of course he does, so does roper and our whole university. Sometimes things are not so black and white. I imagine half of you clowns are part of the RIGHT NOW MILLENIAL generation. Hate to burst your bubble but stuff does not(often) go the way you want it RIGHT NOW! So get off of champ and rope...Champ took over a dern dumpster fire and he and his staff are working their tails off......70% of our roster is FFRESH and SOPH!!!!!!!! 70%!!!!!!!
With raised salaries comes raised expectations. If your boss comes to you and says "we are going to double your salary but expect you to double your work output" and you don't, then you're basically not doing your job. Coaches are being paid millions, you aren't going to get much sympathy from fans paying $80-$90 a ticket to hear your sob stories about "70% are freshman and sophomores!". You have one game left to use that excuse because next year we are filled with upper classmen, then what will it be? "Omg we have too many juniors! You people are expecting too much from juniors!".

To have a chance at having a great team, neither your offense nor defense should be ranked outside the Top 50. And that's just to give you a chance. Having an average Total Offensive ranking of 105 in your career as a Head Coach is just POOR. There's no other way to say it. I would hope after 6 years as a Head Coach and, what is it ....3 or 4 Offensive Coordinators, that Muschamp would take a real close look into the mirror.

Did youth enable opponents to call out our plays at the LOS.
I have never coached NCAA FB like Champ. I also have never flown a plane...but I know how they work!

To have a chance at having a great team, neither your offense nor defense should be ranked outside the Top 50. And that's just to give you a chance. Having an average Total Offensive ranking of 105 in your career as a Head Coach is just POOR. There's no other way to say it. I would hope after 6 years as a Head Coach and, what is it ....3 or 4 Offensive Coordinators, that Muschamp would take a real close look into the mirror.

If he's in any way holding back the O, he simply HAS to do that! I'm quite bullish on Muschamp. I'm very happy with him as HBC. I really want to believe that Roper is what ails us. However, if CWM gets some new blood in here, and they employ the same dull, boring, ineffective offensive approach, then things more and more start to point to the head man. I truly hope it doesn't come to that.

If he's in any way holding back the O, he simply HAS to do that! I'm quite bullish on Muschamp. I'm very happy with him as HBC. I really want to believe that Roper is what ails us. However, if CWM gets some new blood in here, and they employ the same dull, boring, ineffective offensive approach, then things more and more start to point to the head man. I truly hope it doesn't come to that.

Years ago, I read that studies have shown that by Year 3, you know what you have in a Head Football Coach and, what's in store for the future. Thus next season will be all telling on the offensive side of the ball.

You're delusional, so because Will makes millions of dollars coaching , he's an offensive genius and because we are regular fans we can't recognize a poorly coached and unimaginative offense? STUPID statement. I'm not a Wolfgang Puck, but I know a shitty steak when I try to eat one . Your way of thinking is dangerous, to put unwavering trust in someone and assume because they have a title that they are automatically smarter than everyone else is just plain dumb , just ask the German citizens that put and kept Hitler in office.

As the title says, should we blame Roper for the abysmal playcalling seen on a weekly basis or should we blame Muschamp?

Looking back at Duke, Roper did a lot with that offense, though Cutcliffe may have been the true mastermind.

With Muschamp, we see that he has never been able to produce offensively no matter who the OC is.

It would become obvious that if we still cannot produce offensively next year (provided we get a new OC), then Muschamp should seriously be on the chopping block.
The buck stops w the head Coach. Muschamp, being a defensive minded coach, should be able to look at our offense objectively and tell where the issues are.

If he can’t do that objectively then we are screwed. He watches all of the film and should be able to discern whether or not the play calling is too predictable (for one example) or if the play calling is good but the lineman missed a block or a receiver ran a wrong route.

You're delusional, so because Will makes millions of dollars coaching , he's an offensive genius and because we are regular fans we can't recognize a poorly coached and unimaginative offense? STUPID statement. I'm not a Wolfgang Puck, but I know a shitty steak when I try to eat one . Your way of thinking is dangerous, to put unwavering trust in someone and assume because they have a title that they are automatically smarter than everyone else is just plain dumb , just ask the German citizens that put and kept Hitler in office.
I didnt say any part of it is without fault...Where were you durinhg the 11-2 season...Were you lurking and seeing just how incompetent the spurrier staff truly was? Im sure you lapped up the gravy just like everyone else. Nobody asked you to taste anything clown, th analogy is....Would you QUESTION WOLFGANG PUCK on how he COOKS the steak. Thats the correct thinking.

Last edited:

you remember wrong......you see, i believe in SC's leadership,If they think someone is a good hire, i'm behind the leadership.... i'm a show me guy....if after the hire , over time and i mean more than 2 years... after time and you arent producing i say look for someone else... but coaches need time

Reactions: DarkCock
So tell me VIRGIL....I guess THE WHOLE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and multiple other universities are dumb and YOU ARE SMART!??? People know a good coach when they hire them...And what business are you in again clown? I bet you are in mommy's basement now typing away. Who the heck is delusional here??? Muschamp has forgotten more football than YOU WILL EVER KNOW. Get that through your dumb little head. You do realize life happens. Here are the numbers and i want you to ignore me after you read this....8-4 with a chance to get 9 wins. NEW YEARS day bowl in YEAR 2!!!! He is in year 2 of a REBUILD, A MAJOR TOP TO BOTTOM REBUILD. 3 How many starters at MAJOR POSITIONS HAVE BEEN OUT MOST OF THE YEAR? 4. 70 % of the whole team is fresh or soph! No i know people can be ignorant and just dont understand, BUT YOU seem to be pretty dumb. HUGE DIFFERENCE tough bus! So get outta here with your sophmoric BS about our head coach!

Reactions: bosoxcock
So tell me VIRGIL....I guess THE WHOLE UNIVERSITY of TEXAS, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and multiple other universities are dumb and YOU ARE SMART!??? People know a good coach when they hire them...And what business are you in again clown? I bet you are in mommy's basement now typing away. Who the heck is delusional here??? Muschamp has forgotten more football than YOU WILL EVER KNOW. Get that through your dumb little head. You do realize life happens. Here are the numbers and i want you to ignore me after you read this....8-4 with a chance to get 9 wins. NEW YEARS day bowl in YEAR 2!!!! He is in year 2 of a REBUILD, A MAJOR TOP TO BOTTOM REBUILD. 3 How many starters at MAJOR POSITIONS HAVE BEEN OUT MOST OF THE YEAR? 4. 70 % of the whole team is fresh or soph! No i know people can be ignorant and just dont understand, BUT YOU seem to be pretty dumb. HUGE DIFFERENCE tough bus! So get outta here with your sophmoric BS about our head coach!

can i give you 100 likes...check that, 1000 likes

Reactions: Cyclone94

You see, i am behind Tanner and the leadership, i have never bitched about any hire at SC when the hire is made. I don't live in the "microwave society" .(I want it now) ....that we live in today... i know it takes time to rebuild a dumpster fire when i see it.

See I'm behind Roper until if and when Muschamp decides to move in another direction with the OC, but not until HE decides.

SC is 3 years removed from a 3-9 year, with the head coach leaving in mid year.
Fast forward to this year and your team is playing in a New Years Day bowl with the chance to become only the 7th team in school history winning at least 9 games and someone starts a thread, "Who's the problem. Muschamp or Roper..
.......you cant make this stuff up
I have been a viewer of this site for many yrs. Over the past 4 or so yrs the quality of this board has diminished significantly. I watch posters such as yourself attempt to defend the University that you obviously love. I love her as well. Always have. So for those of us who spent time money blood sweat and tears within her hallowed halls, horseshoe, and venues. I salute you for your loyalty. But i also feel for you. You are attempting to be reasonable, logical, patient, kind and loyal defending the U I, personally love. Against what is in all probability some of the dumbest ,lamest most disloyal, never went to Carolina shin kickers that i have ever seen. I am sooooo grateful that this sliver of sit behind the computer and bitch crowd ARE NOT the mass of my Universities loyal loving fans. However, despite the vanity in your attempts to reason with unreasonable losers on this particular site. I still salute and applaud your effort. Your a good fan. And loyal to THE USC. Now, i will just go back to my reading of this extremely comical group of nobodys who never played a down of sports in their pathetic lives.........

I have been a viewer of this site for many yrs. Over the past 4 or so yrs the quality of this board has diminished significantly. I watch posters such as yourself attempt to defend the University that you obviously love. I love her as well. Always have. So for those of us who spent time money blood sweat and tears within her hallowed halls, horseshoe, and venues. I salute you for your loyalty. But i also feel for you. You are attempting to be reasonable, logical, patient, kind and loyal defending the U I, personally love. Against what is in all probability some of the dumbest ,lamest most disloyal, never went to Carolina shin kickers that i have ever seen. I am sooooo grateful that this sliver of sit behind the computer and bitch crowd ARE NOT the mass of my Universities loyal loving fans. However, despite the vanity in your attempts to reason with unreasonable losers on this particular site. I still salute and applaud your effort. Your a good fan. And loyal to THE USC. Now, i will just go back to my reading of this extremely comical group of nobodys who never played a down of sports in their pathetic lives.........

With all you said....if you continue to read me, because i don't wear "garnet colored" glasses on some of these crazy opinions that appear from time to time, sometimes i'm accused of being a Clemson fan

With all you said....if you continue to read me, because i don't wear "garnet colored" glasses on some of these crazy opinions that appear from time to time, sometimes i'm accused of being a Clemson fan
find that hard to believe. There are a couple of fans on this site that also try to defend USC against folks like......well i suppose we cant list the many names who are not really our fans. Against the rules i guess. I guess thats why i am just a "troller"? not a typical poster. This site seems more anti gamecockcentral than the original rivals site. Hang in there though. i agree with what you and the other few supporters do post in defense of Carolina. It just seems futile against folks who GENUINELY seem to love Bit$hing, complaining and being just plain miserable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT