ADVERTISEMENT

Why do we beat KY this year?

All time the record UK vs SC is 12 - 17 - 1. Which means you have won less than 57% of the time. Far from dominating.

A very interesting website is Winsipedia ( http://www.winsipedia.com/south-carolina/vs/kentucky ). It really goes in depth on each program.

It really is kind of creepy how similar the histories of both football programs are.[/QUOTE
Hmmmmm 12-17. Beats 17-12. You would be amazed at this team that has beat us 60 pct of the time. They think it's absolute dominance. Anyway, enjoy going 12-18. That ass is getting smacked in Columbia this year.

All time the record UK vs SC is 12 - 17 - 1. Which means you have won less than 57% of the time. Far from dominating.

A very interesting website is Winsipedia ( http://www.winsipedia.com/south-carolina/vs/kentucky ). It really goes in depth on each program.

It is kind of creepy how similar the histories of both football programs are.
Who does kentucky have a winning record against in the SEC?

Kentucky's best team in history was the 1977 10-1 team that went undefeated in the SEC. Stoops has brought in depth and that hasn't been the case for most of UK's past. As a matter of fact I haven't seen it like this since that 1977 team.
Ok ,you convinced me you guys are going to be conference champions

Why ? ? because we should be improved, and they lost their best defensive and offensive players.
We have them at home and that helps too.
We are not a very good team, but we do not need to be to beat uk.
Home field an advantage? When was the last big game we won at hone?

UK has been beating us because since 2015 we have been drowning in our own lack of talent. They will be down somewhat this year and things will get back to normal. We simple fell behind in recruiting.
Well for 2020 rivals has them one spot ahead of us in recruiting we better win this year

Well for 2020 rivals has them one spot ahead of us in recruiting we better win this year
That's true but nobody has signed anything for 2020 that could change you know how that goes. Rankings like that bounce all over the place little a red rubber ball we just stopped recruiting and let them over take us for a few years. JMO

The Gamecocks have had a terrible time stopping the run against physical SEC teams of late. That has been largely a depth issue at Dline but some of it is pure and simple lazy play. KY is taught to professionally hold on OL run blocking. That is one area including salty and solid defenses where Stoops has really hurt Spurrier late and Will the last 3 years. A lot of teams abuse the Cocks running the ball lately. My biggest issue with Muschamp right now.

Reactions: USMCatFan
So our plan is to put UK back in their “rightful place.”

Why is it that other schools aren’t entitled to improve their programs, yet we are but a “decent coach” from “consistent” top ten finishes?

We, and UK, are middle of the pack programs. “Consistently.” We’ll cycle some, but we do not tread among the elite. Such is our lot. We have mega company.

One of the axioms that makes participation on “fan” boards an exercise in frustration.

Having said that, let’s get em. Light em up.

Because we are finally better? Question mark because I'm not sure of that.
They have been pretty good these last couple of years and we have been far from a complete team.

Reactions: AngloCock
UK is the 5th game of the year, following Bama at home and MIzzou away. We then have a bye week before we face UGA. I will know after we play Mizzou. If we are 2-2, coming off a loss to Mizzou, then we are in trouble with UK. If we are 3-1 or 4-0 (won't happen but anything is possible) then momentum will be on our side and I really like our chances.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Because we are due?
We want a win?
Where are we better than them?
They got worse?
What changed?
Wishing and hoping we win. Won’t get to 15-0 without beating them.

A better question: Do we beat KY this year?

Because we are due?
We want a win?
Where are we better than them?
They got worse?
What changed?
Wishing and hoping we win. Won’t get to 15-0 without beating them.

A better question: Do we beat KY this year?

That’s a yes/no question. If a person says yes, then others might want to know why. So what is your answer to your own yes/no question?

While it's not impossible to get into Rupp. It is really tough unless there is an event going on. You should see if you can get tix during a season when SC comes up here.

A trip you have to make is out to Keeneland. That place makes Churchill Downs look like a complete dump. Even if there isn't a meet going on it's open year round for OTB. So, getting look out there is pretty easy.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
A trip you have to make is out to Keeneland. That place makes Churchill Downs look like a complete dump. Even if there isn't a meet going on it's open year round for OTB. So, getting look out there is pretty easy.
They moved the OTB from Keeneland to The Red Mile.

Kentucky won’t drop much if any on offense. New comers at RB Chris Rodriguez or kavosiey Smoke will compete for playing time. Asim Rose will get the 1 reps. OL will be strong and wide outs as well.

Defensive Secondary is our only serious question. Stoops has developed some players behind josh Allen on the Dline and Kash Daniels with Chris Oats has the LBer core pretty solid. Looking forward to coming to South Carolina for another exciting experience. Beautiful state and nice people.

We are not a very good team, but we do not need to be to beat uk.

Hope that attitude is reflected by all SC fans, coaches and players. A sure formula for being surprised, again.

All the prognosticators say so. I haven’t seen one national writer pick Kentucky.
That was different in the past, fwiw.

I took the liberty of changing your spelling of Kentucky. You say the prognosticators were on Kentucky's side in the past? Preseason, last year, SC was a media darling and a darkhorse in the East. The closest line at kickoff during our streak was last year in Lexington, with SC favored by 1 to 1.5. The other lines in the 5 game streak have had SC a solid favorite, from 5 to 8 points.

UK has been beating us because since 2015 we have been drowning in our own lack of talent.

Maybe so. But the recruiting rankings since '14 on Rivals show SC at an average class of 19th, and Kentucky at 27th.

We simple fell behind in recruiting.

You may have fallen behind in player development/retention, but, again, you have led Kentucky in recruiting, generally, according to the "experts." An interesting stat: Kentucky has gotten all of it's signees on campus for four seasons running. Most teams lose one or two players from attrition prior to their initial entry into college. Spurrier lost 5 or 6 from the '14 class who never qualified or, otherwise, never made it to campus.

As poorly as we played last year, we still had a shot late in the game.

Well, trailing 24-10, SC mounted an 8 minute (plus) drive, eating most of the 4th quarter, for no points. It was a competitive game, though.

No more Benny Snell and no more Josh Allen. Their equivalent of losing Marcus Lattimore and JD Clowney.

They were good players. The last two seasons, South Carolina has scored 3 TD's against Kentucky, and two of the three were were scored by Deebo Samuel. Our stars played in and won our bowl. How did that tilt with Virginia look w/o Deebo?

All teams lose talent, annually.

probably not. Its only kentucky,

Yes, please keep that attitude!

Last edited:
I was there for a wedding several years ago. You are right, that's an impressive place. The surrounding areas as well.

All the prognosticators say so. I haven’t seen one national writer pick Kensucky.
That was different in the past, fwiw.

Huh? The prognosticators pick USC to finish above UK every year. I believe that UK has been a vegas underdog every year during the 5 year winning streak. The occasional dissenter like Herbstreit picks uK, but most people pick USC every year despite the results on the field.

I was there for a wedding several years ago. You are right, that's an impressive place. The surrounding areas as well.

Thoroughbred+farm+in+the+fall.jpg

It is kind of creepy how similar the histories of both football programs are.

Y'all been to Atlanta? Won 11 games three years in a row? Had a number one draft choice? All recent Gamecock achievements. I give you credit for the past five years, but you are still Kentucky. Surely you realize Spurrier's fade at the end of his career aided and abetted your run. We are moving on now so you will need to step up your game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT