ADVERTISEMENT

Why do we so often do facilities upgrades "on the cheap"

There has to be something emotional driving this denigrating of a person who does no more than express a differing opinion.
I love and care for my alma mater and get tired of seeing the same nobody tear it down every chance he gets. There's your emotion.

I love and care for my alma mater and get tired of seeing the same nobody tear it down every chance he gets. There's your emotion.
I knew it was in there. But do you assign lack of concern or care to everyone who disagrees with you? Perhaps you'd better put me on ignore. I believe you would get along better.

While I was glad to see this week the announcemnt about continued work at Williams-Brice, I have to say I am underwhelmed with the plans. With the new football facility opening this fall, the AD has the chance to do something dramatic and impressive with the north stands now that the staff offices are moving from the Floyd Building to the new space. I am not really advocating for more seats and 100% understand the need for more premium fan space to generate revenue. Just seems we should be thinking bolder. I mean Forbes did just list us as one of the most valuable college programs in the country. Cleary the national trend is towards facilities with more bells and whistles, more premium amenities and projects geared toward fan experience and comfort.

That a look at Bama's new plans, look at what A&M did. Auburn also has major renovation plans. All are spending or have spent big bucks on projects far more impressive than what we heard from our AD last week.

Think about it.....Colonial Life Arena, impressive but built on the cheap....the Floyd Building work at WB was totally built on the cheap....some are already complaining that the new football operations building lacks some of the wow factor we need in today's recruiting environment.

Tanner needs to think bolder. He seems to be treading water. We need a visionary AD.

GO COCKS!!! BEAT VANDY!!!

What does "on the cheap" mean in your little world?

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I knew it was in there. But do you assign lack of concern or care to everyone who disagrees with you? Perhaps you'd better put me on ignore. I believe you would get along better.
No, only to people like you who continually bash every aspect of the university they can. You are one of the few people who consistently puts Pastides down. Once again it makes you feel big and superior. You should be ashamed to be on a gamecock site. I don't put people on ignore, never have never will.

No, only to people like you who continually bash every aspect of the university they can. You are one of the few people who consistently puts Pastides down. Once again it makes you feel big and superior. You should be ashamed to be on a gamecock site. I don't put people on ignore, never have never will.
Well, on that we agree. But how do you know how I feel when I express an opinion? Why is it not possible that I truly believe what I'm saying?

Well, on that we agree. But how do you know how I feel when I express an opinion? Why is it not possible that I truly believe what I'm saying?
I don't care how you feel. The fact that you believe what you're saying is what makes your comments about the university so heinous.

I don't care how you feel. The fact that you believe what you're saying is what makes your comments about the university so heinous.
If I were setting out to deliberately enunciate negativity toward the university because I enjoy hurting the university, "heinous" might be an apt description. As it is, and considering that not all my remarks are negative, I think most objecive people would conclude that you are mistaken. But, unlike you, I care how you feel. I'm sure you are a fine person and a great fan. I'm just not wired to be dishonest about my opinions.

I really dont understand how this entire thread went so haywire. I think I asked a simple, understandable question about why we dont typically go big with facilities renovations. We have the $, so why dont we? I think we have lots of people on this board that reject any criticism of the athletic department at all and we have lots that seize on the opportunity to bash on everything. We need more discussion in the middle.

With the coaches offices moving out of the Floyd building, we have the opportunity to do something bold and really impressive in the endzone which I think should include a complete rebuild of the old lower stands. We will see if Tanner leads the way on a project like that. My take from the beginning is that he has shown no sign of thinking and leading that boldly.

I am also hugely disappointed in last night but know things are rarely as bad as they seem or as good as they seem. We lost to the same two teams last year.

GO COCKS!!! BEAT MIZZOU!!!

If I were setting out to deliberately enunciate negativity toward the university because I enjoy hurting the university, "heinous" might be an apt description. As it is, and considering that not all my remarks are negative, I think most objecive people would conclude that you are mistaken. But, unlike you, I care how you feel. I'm sure you are a fine person and a great fan. I'm just not wired to be dishonest about my opinions.
My apologies @king ward I overdid it. Shall we call a truce?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT