ADVERTISEMENT

Why does Auburn want so many coaches from a staff that has won 6 games in the past 2years?

Who knows? Maybe they're ok coaches. Maybe not. Maybe they'll be better coaches with better head coach than Muschamp. I just think Muschamp mainly didn't put together a cohesive staff. I don't think any of the guys who left are total garbage as far as coaching ability (character is a different issue), but I also don't think the staff worked well together as a unit. Maybe they'll fit better in Auburn's staff.

Other than Dez, I hope they hire all of them!!

Keeping Dez was a no-brainer. Keeping Bobo was, I guess, understandable, if not totally defensible. Rocker and Peterson were head-scratchers.

The speed with which Bobo was replaced tells me all I need to know about the process and indicates that at least not all of the coaches were retained based solely on Beamer's decision.

Keeping Dez was a no-brainer. Keeping Bobo was, I guess, understandable, if not totally defensible. Rocker and Peterson were head-scratchers.

The speed with which Bobo was replaced tells me all I need to know about the process and indicates that at least not all of the coaches were retained based solely on Beamer's decision.

The speed with which Satterfield was hired definitely said he and Shane had already discussed the job and had a certain level of the details worked out beforehand.

I am frankly confused as well. I gree with bchav though... Any previous staff member but Dez is not a big loss in my book.
Probably because Rocker has one of the best reputations for developing defensive line talent in the SEC if not the country. One year at USC is not a good measure of what he is capable. Similar to the impact of a coach on the OL, it takes a couple of years to fully see the impact a coach will have. There was a reason that Spurrier went after him so hard.

I would have been ok with keeping Rod Wilson as well provided he fit with the new staff. Beamer clearly didn’t though and he knows way more about this staff than I do.

Probably because Rocker has one of the best reputations for developing defensive line talent in the SEC if not the country. One year at USC is not a good measure of what he is capable. Similar to the impact of a coach on the OL, it takes a couple of years to fully see the impact a coach will have. There was a reason that Spurrier went after him so hard.

I dunno. He's at least well-traveled in the SEC. 7 years at Arkansas, 1 year at Ole Miss, 2 years at Auburn, 3 years at UGA, 3 years at UT, 1 year here.

I dunno. He's at least well-traveled in the SEC. 7 years at Arkansas, 1 year at Ole Miss, 2 years at Auburn, 3 years at UGA, 3 years at UT, 1 year here.
Produced a lot of NFL players at those stops....also, his defensive lines were good to very good at each of them also. Not the best recruiter, but a great DL coach....very comparable to Lawing.

Produced a lot of NFL players at those stops....also, his defensive lines were good to very good at each of them also. Not the best recruiter, but a great DL coach....very comparable to Lawing.

As you say, one year isn't enough to fully evaluate a coach on, but our run D plummeted this past season. Also fewer sacks per game.

Reactions: uscalumni

If it takes a couple years to see the impact, outside of being at Arkansas, was he anywhere long enough to see his impact?

Reactions: FORKCOCK
His Auburn and UGA lines were very good. Tennessee's wasn't bad at all....personality conflict between him and Pruitt caused him to leave.
He was fired at Georgia who agreed to pay him a full years salary to just go away and Tenn just let his contract expire. This probably says something about him.

Reactions: LetsGodawg
I haven't read all of the replies but what other coaches has Auburn hired besides Bobo and Friend.

True...SEC coaches often migrate from one SEC spot to another.

Here's the big question to me: How are Auburn fans REALLY feeling?
They just got rid of a guy with 67% win ratio as HC there during the toughest stretch of ANY time in their football playing history to be in the SEC, and also in the sub conf (West). 67% wins....2 conf division title, 1 overall conf. title and a NC appearance (runner up) in 8 years. Throw in while he was OC he took them to and won a NC.

Pat Dye has a 69% and four SECs titles, no NC appearances or wins and they have a statue of him outside don't they?

So...now they're on a binge of hiring off of a 2-8 SEC staff..some of whom were on campus about one year total? Also- hired a HC from the mountain west to compete in the SEC West?
The only admin/powers that have more explaining to do than USCs are Auburns.

I was speaking more to the broad irony of a team like AU coming for our coaches after a 2-8 season here. I agree Rocker has an impressive resume. I just hope him leaving does not lead to any player transfers. Our DL is honestly one of the few positions on our team that is pretty stacked with returning experience and young talented unproven guys. If we lose a few of those guys to AU then we will be in a lurch.

Reactions: rogue cock
True...SEC coaches often migrate from one SEC spot to another.

Here's the big question to me: How are Auburn fans REALLY feeling?
They just got rid of a guy with 67% win ratio as HC there during the toughest stretch of ANY time in their football playing history to be in the SEC, and also in the sub conf (West). 67% wins....2 conf division title, 1 overall conf. title and a NC appearance (runner up) in 8 years. Throw in while he was OC he took them to and won a NC.

Pat Dye has a 69% and four SECs titles, no NC appearances or wins and they have a statue of him outside don't they?

So...now they're on a binge of hiring off of a 2-8 SEC staff..some of whom were on campus about one year total? Also- hired a HC from the mountain west to compete in the SEC West?
The only admin/powers that have more explaining to do than USCs are Auburns.

Hearing rumblings that Harasin wants to interview Beamer to coach TEs at Auburn

The real question is why does AU want a bunch of coaches from a losing team who do ish like this:

I'm not too upset that Rocker is gone, I guess Bobo had to convince Bryan Harsin to hire Rocker...

With that said, will Bobo be gunning for Bryan Harsin's job in a couple of years???

BTW, I'm hearing rumors that Caslen put Tanner on the trading blocks... Auburn called and had to draw the line somewhere on more staff coming over from Carolina...

• Haha
Reactions: bchav307
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT