ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Joyner not playing dB...

espurs1

Jan 7, 2007
...Where every other school recruited him at? Have we looked at everyone but him to change positions

Being that Muschamp is a defensive minded HC, do you honestly think this option wouldn't have been explored if he could be an asset on defense?

Reactions: heavycock
I feel he will have to prove it elsewhere. I don’t think he sees the field with Hilinski coming in next year and Doty the year after.

I bet he'll play this week. Anxious to see what he can do.

Reactions: BigTomE
Because if he wanted to play DB he would be at Clemson . The only reason he commited here was because he was promised an opportunity to play QB . Clemson only recruited him as a DB , same as they did with Bryan Edwards .

This season's really over. UF was the last chance for us to improve on it and take away some feeling of accomplishment and that was spectacularly bungled by our coaching. Don't look for BOOM! to move a QB to DB just to beat two cupcakes and lose to clemson. It's more likely you'll see him at QB against one of the cupcakes.

Duh... Of course he will. I just don’t think he will ever be the starter here and see significant playing time at QB.

Maybe not. Hard to say without ever seeing him in a game.

Maybe not. Hard to say without ever seeing him in a game.

Yeah but Hillinski is the savor of our program and no one has seen him take a college snap . Funny how that works . Joyner was only player of the year in SC . Funny .

Because if he wanted to play DB he would be at Clemson . The only reason he commited here was because he was promised an opportunity to play QB . Clemson only recruited him as a DB , same as they did with Bryan Edwards .
I am hopeful that if it doesn't work out at QB for him he will stay and switch positions. The same way Chris Culliver did. Who came because we recruited him as a WR when everyone else wanted him as a DB. And of course he wound up in the NFL as a DB

Yeah but Hillinski is the savor of our program and no one has seen him take a college snap . Funny how that works . Joyner was only player of the year in SC . Funny .
Helinski and DJ have had the same number of college snaps at this point. DJ was "Mr Football" in SC last year...yes. But he was the fourth ranked player overall. If you look back over the last 7 years at the Mr Footballs....only one has really had any success at the college level. Taveon Feaster. And he isn't even a starter. You have to go back to 2010 and 2009 with JC and Marcus to get impact players from the Mr Football selections. And those were absolute no brainers as each was the number one ranked guy at his position in the country. Helinski is much higher rated than DJ was. You never know what will happen...but it is understandable why many think Helinski will be the starter....in 2020

Can't fault the kid for wanting to play a certain position, but I feel like we've done him a disservice by promising something that nobody else would. He'd absolutely be starting right now at db.

Can't fault the kid for wanting to play a certain position, but I feel like we've done him a disservice by promising something that nobody else would. He'd absolutely be starting right now at db.

I absolutely agree with you . I think both programs in the end did the right thing . Dabo didn’t promise him anything he couldn’t deliver and Muschamp told him he would get every opportunity to be a QB . In the end it’s the kids decision and it’s his future . Gilmore was pretty much promised the QB spot at Michigan by Rich Rod but he knew his best shot at the NFL would be at CB . Working out pretty good for him !! Same with Culliver as previous poster pointed out . I agree it’s the kids decision and if he’s ok being a decent College QB instead of a future NFL DB then more power to him . Again only time will tell .

Reactions: Cockopotamus
He may eventually move voluntarily, but I doubt we force the move upon him.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Some kids are hell bent on staying at QB....Jaylen Hurts will never play QB in the NFL. I got no clue why he isn't playing slot receiver or safety right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT