ADVERTISEMENT

Will we be ranked in baseball...

bushmastercock

Nov 30, 2015
in the top 16 ,or better depending on how much farther we go, in the final polls?

Last edited:
I’ll bite. Let me start with we are definitely worthy of a ranking now. Top 20. Fringe for where you are stating, top 16. There are some teams that got upset that despite that upset are worthy of being ranked higher.

Now if we beat Arky definitely top 16. Lose and I think it depends on how much further Arky goes. We get beat by a team that ends up in the championship game we might be top 16. Lose to a team that goes 0-2 in Omaha and probably not. Yep

Reactions: DrMickey
I’ll bite. Let me start with we are definitely worthy of a ranking now. Top 20. Fringe for where you are stating, top 16. There are some teams that got upset that despite that upset are worthy of being ranked higher.

Now if we beat Arky definitely top 16. Lose and I think it depends on how much further Arky goes. We get beat by a team that ends up in the championship game we might be top 16. Lose to a team that goes 0-2 in Omaha and probably not. Yep
Good points - I tend to agree.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
WADR, let's not talk about rankings while the actual championship is still in play. I believe our guys can beat Arkansas in Fayetteville, which means they can beat anyone, anywhere.

Not sure what your point is or why it matters who is ranked now? Only one team wins it all, this is the playoffs
The question was not “who is ranked now “, or how many teams win it all? I’d suggest trying to read it again, I moved the comma for you.
The point was actually to call attention to, and elicit discussion about the fact that we are 1 of the last 16 teams playing. Therefore it’s conceivable that we could be considered, a top 16 team in the final rankings.
If you don’t understand, or are having trouble comprehending my explanation, I can’t help you bud. I think you went through a similar confusion in another thread recently

Top 8 if we beat arky

Making the final 8 of the tournament does not equal being ranked in the top 8 at the end of the season.

Our 50 plus win team that lost to Lafayette was every bit deserving of a top 8 ranking though they failed to make it to Omaha.

Having said that, I’d take Omaha and ranked 15 over not making Omaha and being top 8

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT