ADVERTISEMENT

WINNING Is A Business

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
... and should be treated as such. Winning (or losing) affects us all. Just last night's slip-up cost SC tens of thousands possibly hundred's of thousands in lost revenue with negative effect on roads, education, employment, etc. ... SC has the highest excise tax on alcohol sales of any state in America save Tennessee and Alaska, but Alaska has no sales tax whereas we do and it's also assessed against beer, wine and spirits sales along with the excise tax. No sales, no tax collections.

Where I was there was a MASS EXODUS at game's end (which actually started before the game was even over) as, obviously - nobody felt like 'celebrating'. That reality cost owners and operators as well as waiters, waitresses, cooks, dishwashers, suppliers, drivers, wholesalers, sales and marketing people, uniform suppliers, paper products people - yada, yada, yada not to mention regular 'ol TAXPAYERS a LOT of money.

The 'excess' chicken wings left over from a hoped-for post-game celebration should mean 'bargain specials' during the coming week in the state's many watering-holes but long-term losing vs. WINNING means TROUBLE for the economy.

This is NOT Jimmy Carter's "malaise" speech, it's Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade!" As a Gamecock fan BE AWARE of YOUR impact and especially our 'collective' impact on everything from roadside flowers to a better quality of toilet tissue in our highway rest stop restrooms.

This is a 'pocketbook' issue! Tell your elected officials "we're mad as hell and we're NOT gonna' take it any more!"

We refuse to suffer or allow our children to suffer just because we play 'soft corner'. We are GOING to WIN! We are committed to getting back to drinking until we are giddy while replaying LOUDLY among each other, indeed to one another as we order then re-order nacho's with EXTRA CHEESE, put double meat on 'em and a bunch of jalapeno's too! BRING THIS GANG OF CRAZY PEOPLE FIFTY WINGS!!! "If we slide this table over can you rig up an extension for that 'Wild Turkey' nozzle and just go ahead and charge us for the whole bottle?"

When the Gamecocks win we all do. We WANT to pay our taxes. We NEED to pay our taxes. We REFUSE to settle for single-ply. We WILL get back to winning, and eating all that junk that while helpful in keeping us 'regular' makes us wonder "Lord, what did I do?" WINNING extends your life! That alone makes it a worthwhile goal to achieve. Here's to future decades of celebrating together.

54407891.jpg

Carolina football IS the reason I drink. When I drink, I don't drive. Therefore when South Carolina loses, I increase the tax revenue and help preserve our roads.

SS, tongue in cheek. The man responsible for all this has made some monumental mistakes the past coupla years and this with all the experience he has. When Ellis left, instead of doing a little work and manning the phones he took the easy way and just promoted Ward who might be a good position coach but he's no DC. If the rumors that SS wanted to retire last season are true then the same applies to Tanner as he took the easy way and begged him to stay. Now how is Tanner gonna get rid of that oversized pic of SS without admitting he made a mistake? Even SS thought it was a bad idea. It looks as if the two top men need to sit down and do some serious reflecting on what's best for the overall FB pgm and not a particular individual.

SS, tongue in cheek. The man responsible for all this has made some monumental mistakes the past coupla years and this with all the experience he has. When Ellis left, instead of doing a little work and manning the phones he took the easy way and just promoted Ward who might be a good position coach but he's no DC. If the rumors that SS wanted to retire last season are true then the same applies to Tanner as he took the easy way and begged him to stay. Now how is Tanner gonna get rid of that oversized pic of SS without admitting he made a mistake? Even SS thought it was a bad idea. It looks as if the two top men need to sit down and do some serious reflecting on what's best for the overall FB pgm and not a particular individual.
Nowhere is it documented that Tanner talked Spurrier into staying. This is just an assumption that people have perpetuated.

... and should be treated as such. Winning (or losing) affects us all. Just last night's slip-up cost SC tens of thousands possibly hundred's of thousands in lost revenue with negative effect on roads, education, employment, etc. ... SC has the highest excise tax on alcohol sales of any state in America save Tennessee and Alaska, but Alaska has no sales tax whereas we do and it's also assessed against beer, wine and spirits sales along with the excise tax. No sales, no tax collections.

Where I was there was a MASS EXODUS at game's end (which actually started before the game was even over) as, obviously - nobody felt like 'celebrating'. That reality cost owners and operators as well as waiters, waitresses, cooks, dishwashers, suppliers, drivers, wholesalers, sales and marketing people, uniform suppliers, paper products people - yada, yada, yada not to mention regular 'ol TAXPAYERS a LOT of money.

The 'excess' chicken wings left over from a hoped-for post-game celebration should mean 'bargain specials' during the coming week in the state's many watering-holes but long-term losing vs. WINNING means TROUBLE for the economy.

This is NOT Jimmy Carter's "malaise" speech, it's Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade!" As a Gamecock fan BE AWARE of YOUR impact and especially our 'collective' impact on everything from roadside flowers to a better quality of toilet tissue in our highway rest stop restrooms.

This is a 'pocketbook' issue! Tell your elected officials "we're mad as hell and we're NOT gonna' take it any more!"

We refuse to suffer or allow our children to suffer just because we play 'soft corner'. We are GOING to WIN! We are committed to getting back to drinking until we are giddy while replaying LOUDLY among each other, indeed to one another as we order then re-order nacho's with EXTRA CHEESE, put double meat on 'em and a bunch of jalapeno's too! BRING THIS GANG OF CRAZY PEOPLE FIFTY WINGS!!! "If we slide this table over can you rig up an extension for that 'Wild Turkey' nozzle and just go ahead and charge us for the whole bottle?"

When the Gamecocks win we all do. We WANT to pay our taxes. We NEED to pay our taxes. We REFUSE to settle for single-ply. We WILL get back to winning, and eating all that junk that while helpful in keeping us 'regular' makes us wonder "Lord, what did I do?" WINNING extends your life! That alone makes it a worthwhile goal to achieve. Here's to future decades of celebrating together.

Y'all oughta pushpin this...or sticky it...or whatever happens on the new and improved rivals boards now...

The same could be said for you.... He was referring to the OP.

Guilty as charged. As I stated, I am paranoid. I apologize.:)

I like reading SS' posts. He's different. I don't understand why some give him a hard time.

Bad football will cripple the South Carolina economy?

No wonder SC has been so far behind for so many years.

Thank you for the economic turnaround after The Great Recession.

I want you to do well except for one game - if the economy will improve.

Hurry though - Mississippi beat Alabama again!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT