ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Gamecock pick ups and cuts

Milks26

Apr 18, 2018
Alaina Coates was waived by the Atlanta Dream.

Harrigan and Harris made their respective rosters

wnba-dallas-wings.jpg

The league is tough for post players - especially young ones if your not on the right team. She needs to go overseas and keep trying to make the final 144. It will happen one day

Dang I thought she was safe, yeah back to basket post players are becoming more and more rare in the league, especially at her height. 5 - 10 years ago she could be a solid vetersn,but now it's uncommon for 6'6 post player with the ability to shoot from range and have good ball handling skills.

The league is tough for post players - especially young ones if your not on the right team. She needs to go overseas and keep trying to make the final 144. It will happen one day
She does play overseas and she makes more than she made in the WNBA.. The thing about being in the WNBA gives you better options overseas in contract negotiations. In 2018, 2019, she made $225,000 if she becomes a star in the WNBA she would demand 3 times that much over seas. A’ja Wilson is making $700,000 a year over seas and in a couple years, she’ll join the million dollar club with Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, and Cynthia Cooper, there’s a few more players getting 1-2 million but I won’t mention them. Lay Lay will be fine, somebody will pick her up in the WNBA

Reactions: vacock#
Dang I thought she was safe, yeah back to basket post players are becoming more and more rare in the league, especially at her height. 5 - 10 years ago she could be a solid vetersn,but now it's uncommon for 6'6 post player with the ability to shoot from range and have good ball handling skills.

I knew she was going to get cut. Gustafson had to pretty much change her game to survive. KD's cut surprised me a little, even though her game had dipped.

In this competitive day of age, I blame the coaches for limiting the players style like that. Post players have to be versatile just like the guards & wings

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamekem
I was really shocked to see some people predicting Te'a Cooper would go in the 1st round. She's been in college 10 years and hasn't developed a jump shot. At her size, she must be able to hit from the outside.

I was really shocked to see some people predicting Te'a Cooper would go in the 1st round. She's been in college 10 years and hasn't developed a jump shot. At her size, she must be able to hit from the outside.
That's why Harrigan went early, her pure jump shot.

Reactions: DarkCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT