ADVERTISEMENT

Worst college football coaches

Not to defend Muschamp, but they have Bo Pelini on this list. Nebraska only wishes they still enjoyed the level of success they had under Pelini.
They wouldn't go back, but they might move forward. Pelini wasn't the guy there. Frost might not be, either. Another thing, Nebraska is another school in the wrong conference.

Reactions: Jon Snow
Not to defend Muschamp, but they have Bo Pelini on this list. Nebraska only wishes they still enjoyed the level of success they had under Pelini.
They will win 7 or 8 games next year and after that they’ll win at least 9 games consistently as long as Frost stays there.

If Pelini is on the list then it must be a list of biggest a-holes.My son lives in Nebraska,the guy they regret firing was Solich.As of today they still are high on Frost,but they realize the college football landscape has shifted since they were dominant.BTW less than 2 mil population in Nebraska.

Where's Lee Corso on that list? He's revered on ESPN as a commentator but was an awful college coach. Coached at Indiana from '73 to '82.

Record: 41-68-2
37% winning percentage
Perhaps he gets a bit of a pass because it was Indiana. His first three years there were absolutely horrible, but he did eventually lead them to an 8-win season and a bowl win. Prior to Indiana, he led Louisville to a not-too-shabby 28-11-3 record in 4 years.

You have to give the guy credit for realizing he's much better suited to the analyst role rather than the head coach role.

Reactions: Brace1
Where's Lee Corso on that list? He's revered on ESPN as a commentator but was an awful college coach. Coached at Indiana from '73 to '82.

37% winning percentage
In all fairness, in that time and place, not even Saban himself could have elevated Indiana.
This was the era of the Big 2 and little 8

Reactions: Brace1
Saw Joker Phillips on the list. He may be a cheap option at OC who would actually come here under these circumstances, he's currently WR coach at Maryland. Wouldn't be my first choice but may make the list. He might've learned some good things about offense under Locksley too.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Saw Joker Phillips on the list. He may be a cheap option at OC who would actually come here under these circumstances, he's currently WR coach at Maryland. Wouldn't be my first choice but may make the list. He might've learned some good things about offense under Locksley too.

I haven't been on FGF long at all, but this right here is the worst post I've read to date.

I haven't been on FGF long at all, but this right here is the worst post I've read to date.

Do I get some kind of reward?

I haven't stayed up on him much, but thought Kentucky's offense was well coached when he was there. Andre Woodson had a couple good years.

But yes I agree, not the best idea I've ever had. But I'm at the bottom of the barrel.

I could just post what everyone else says and say "we need to get a top notch OC or I'm not going to support the program" followed by "no high-quality OC will come here to coach in this mess". If you believe both of those statements you are already admitting you're not going to support the program. I'm just looking for a different route.

This board is a good sanity check though, so I'll keep throwing spaghetti at the wall.

Do I get some kind of reward?

I haven't stayed up on him much, but thought Kentucky's offense was well coached when he was there. Andre Woodson had a couple good years.

But yes I agree, not the best idea I've ever had. But I'm at the bottom of the barrel.

I could just post what everyone else says and say "we need to get a top notch OC or I'm not going to support the program" followed by "no high-quality OC will come here to coach in this mess". If you believe both of those statements you are already admitting you're not going to support the program. I'm just looking for a different route.

This board is a good sanity check though, so I'll keep throwing spaghetti at the wall.

On that note, where is Hal Mumme? He was an air raid guy and Tim Couch was damn effective running it.

If Pelini is on the list then it must be a list of biggest a-holes.My son lives in Nebraska,the guy they regret firing was Solich.As of today they still are high on Frost,but they realize the college football landscape has shifted since they were dominant.BTW less than 2 mil population in Nebraska.
Well hell, Nebraska can’t award unlimited scholarships anymore! The NCAA cleaned that crap up years ago.

For first choice, I would select John Blake who coached Oklahoma for 3 seasons before Bob Stoops. Blake literally sank the Sooner program into the abyss!!! For second choice, I would select this head coach at Duke who I believe lead the Blue Devils to back to back winless seasons in the 2000s! His name escapes me at the moment. Hopefully, someone recalls this loser coach's name?

Reactions: SOSUSC

37% winning percentage

We'll hire Corso only if Spurrier agrees to crawl on his hands and knees to midfield and kiss his ring if he wins the SEC.

Reactions: sclawman77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT