ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all might not like it but here it goes …

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
ANY WIN and I mean ANY WIN Is a step in the right direction . This is not a SEC team at the moment in time . 4 years of Muschamp is basically a death sentence to any legit program . We are 2-0 with a team that in reality is in the same boat as Vandy . Say what you want about Muschamp’s recruiting classes the talent is obviously not there especially at the QB , WR and ESPECIALLY OL . Defensively we are ok but real teams fill destroy this secondary. So what’s my point …. Shane and his staff did a hell of a job . It was so ugly I quit watching at the half but he pulled it out . It will take YEARS for us to be relevant again thanks to the buffon who runs our AD so just suck it up and find the positives because they ain’t gonna be many this year . If we get to 6-6 with the mess Muschamp left it’s a miracle . Good win today . Also if y’all are expecting to hang with UF, UGA and probsbly even Kentucky then go ahead and make sure the liquor cabinet is fully stocked . This is gonna be a long bumpy ride but as ugly as it was Shane did a nice job today .

ANY WIN and I mean ANY WIN Is a step in the right direction . This is not a SEC team at the moment in time . 4 years of Muschamp is basically a death sentence to any legit program . We are 2-0 with a team that in reality is in the same boat as Vandy . Say what you want about Muschamp’s recruiting classes the talent is obviously not there especially at the QB , WR and ESPECIALLY OL . Defensively we are ok but real teams fill destroy this secondary. So what’s my point …. Shane and his staff did a hell of a job . It was so ugly I quit watching at the half but he pulled it out . It will take YEARS for us to be relevant again thanks to the buffon who runs our AD so just suck it up and find the positives because they ain’t gonna be many this year . If we get to 6-6 with the mess Muschamp left it’s a miracle . Good win today . Also if y’all are expecting to hang with UF, UGA and probsbly even Kentucky then go ahead and make sure the liquor cabinet is fully stocked . This is gonna be a long bumpy ride but as ugly as it was Shane did a nice job today .
So wait...you quit watching? Damn almighty....and people question my fandom lol

I don’t know about all that. I was actually impressed with our receiving corp (including the TE) other than the fumbling at the goalline. The OL looks atrocious, but I have to believe that more to blame on the scheme than the talent. Even Nolan, while more miss than hit, still had his moments and I honestly felt he was better than pretty much any Gamecock QB I’ve seen in the past 2-3 years. And remember, he’s the backup.

I don’t know about all that. I was actually impressed with our receiving corp (including the TE) other than the fumbling at the goalline. The OL looks atrocious, but I have to believe that more to blame on the scheme than the talent. Even Nolan, while more miss than hit, still had his moments and I honestly felt he was better than pretty much any Gamecock QB I’ve seen in the past 2-3 years. And remember, he’s the backup.
Are you serious? I must be watching a different game than yall. Zeb looked horrible...now I will say a lot of that is on the OL but he still missed a ton of throws.

Looks like Vann had a good game . The dude always looks great when he’s got the ball in space . He just can’t catch the ball . Maybe the light has come on . I saw the fumble but hard to fault that on an effort play .

Are you serious? I must be watching a different game than yall. Zeb looked horrible...now I will say a lot of that is on the OL but he still missed a ton of throws.

52%, 205, 1-1 may leave a lot to be desired, but it’s not horrible. You seem to be totally forgetting that he was a goalline fumble (WR) and bobbled ball (WR) away from having 3 TD passes. Would you still be saying he looked horrible if the WRs had actually got their jobs done on those two plays?

So you quit. I’ve listened to and watched games since 1977. Sad, you give so easily, not what Gamecocks do.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Van is starting to look like the WR I thought he would be a long time ago.
Vann certainly is playing better than previously. And if he gets those two TD’s we aren’t relying on a last second FG to win.

DL looks better.

DBackfield lost a couple starters to the NFL and a couple starters to the portal, and they’re playing more cohesive than last year.

LB’s are looking pretty good.

Special Team play is greatly improved, even with the punter struggling.

OL is struggling, Coach Adkins has his work cut out for him.

Guys are playing hard. They have to clean up some silly mistakes, but that can be worked on.

Agree 100% with Biting as above. Don`t forget Juju, who was outstanding, and Parker for nailing the FG`s. Glad to see us throw downfield a little more. Think we need to do that more if OL can give QB time.

Reactions: 92Pony
I still believe a Muskrat coached team would have lost today's game. With that said, I believe Beamer will get things tweaked to where we'll be 4-1 (glad we have UK at home and Doty will be leading the Gamecocks 100% by the UK game) going into the UT game.

Yeah it was terrible football on both sides . It was just ugly . I went fishing . It was just a boring game . Either way glad to see Shane made something happen . Muschamp would still be evaluating .
Shane has the potential to be worse than Muschamp!!

Zeb is a Collin Hill 2.0. Beamer reminded me of muschamp today. Kept running zeb out there series after series. You telling me Gauthier would have been worse? I doubt it. Even Brown could have redeemed himself from last week. And running right up the middle 2 times in a row with 9 yards to get is insane. We never try to get Loyd in space either. When he is in its right up middle. Outside zone worked every time and then we screw drive up by running up middle on 2nd and 6. Zeb was missing open receivers by 8 yards but kept him in like Collin Hill.

Very fortunate to win and if we didn't Beamer would be the reason. Wasted numerous drives by sticking with Zeb. He is not the answer

52%, 205, 1-1 may leave a lot to be desired, but it’s not horrible. You seem to be totally forgetting that he was a goalline fumble (WR) and bobbled ball (WR) away from having 3 TD passes. Would you still be saying he looked horrible if the WRs had actually got their jobs done on those two plays?
He looked pretty close to horrible. I saw him miss a couple of receivers by 5yds or more - bad throws.
The TD pass that Vann bobbled out of the end zone, Zeb ended up getting with the pass to Joyner in the end zone (THAT, was a very nice pass - his best of the day, by far). I’ll concede he should have had a TD pass on the goal line fumble, so he could have had 2……. But he didn’t. I was very unimpressed with 8 today. (Luke must not be near 100%…)

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Vann finally made some catches ...after 4 years...which I’m grateful for. Bell is a big talent no doubt...but you saw he was the only TE who could get loose against a blitzing defense (due to his good speed-quickness)...but our TEs didn’t block well at all. OL...as many of us expected and suggested - didn’t do well...and haven’t done well. I DID like their cleaner game (penalties) and seem to be more mature and give better effort....all good things.
But- HS teams could run on ECUs defense...amd we couldn’t...cause for huge concern.

He looked pretty close to horrible. I saw him miss a couple of receivers by 5yds or more - bad throws.
The TD pass that Vann bobbled out of the end zone, Zeb ended up getting with the pass to Joyner in the end zone (THAT, was a very nice pass - his best of the day, by far). I’ll concede he should have had a TD pass on the goal line fumble, so he could have had 2……. But he didn’t. I was very unimpressed with 8 today. (Luke must not be near 100%…)
He’s not good...but I think it was the right call to leave him in for THIs game. He’s experienced....and on the road vs a game opponent...you don’t need a Hurt guy or a true freshman in there if you can help it. Zeb isn’t real good..a fine 2nd/3rd string guy who will be mentally prepared...but not real good. A lot of bad throws...but we don’t have great , quick underneath options. Only vann and bell can get in and out of routes quickly vs blitz. All others are too slow, not really receivers (DK), etc. we have a huge wR/te talent problem. Ecu showed it (once again....even though was blamed mostly on hill last year)....what do you think Georgia will do to us? Oh man. God be with us.

Reactions: ThatBoyCaleb
I’m going to be patent with the rebuild. And the coaching staff working with what they have. I’m happy to escape with a win. Some teams have left Greenville with their butts cut. ECU loves to knock off a big boy in their place. And actually, I’ve said for years that it’s a mark of a good team to pull out a win like that. To play poorly while the inferior team plays inspired football, leads the entire game, only to have the better team somehow pull it out at the end and win. I know because I’ve seen Gamecock teams on the the other end of that so many times over the past 50 years.

Vann finally made some catches ...after 4 years...which I’m grateful for. Bell is a big talent no doubt...but you saw he was the only TE who could get loose against a blitzing defense (due to his good speed-quickness)...but our TEs didn’t block well at all. OL...as many of us expected and suggested - didn’t do well...and haven’t done well. I DID like their cleaner game (penalties) and seem to be more mature and give better effort....all good things.
But- HS teams could run on ECUs defense...amd we couldn’t...cause for huge concern.
I think it's a stretch to say that a high school team could run on ECU. Maybe a Texas high school team....

• Haha
Reactions: DeBoer31
I’m going to be patent with the rebuild. And the coaching staff working with what they have. I’m happy to escape with a win. Some teams have left Greenville with their butts cut. ECU loves to knock off a big boy in their place. And actually, I’ve said for years that it’s a mark of a good team to pull out a win like that. To play poorly while the inferior team plays inspired football, leads the entire game, only to have the better team somehow pull it out at the end and win. I know because I’ve seen Gamecock teams on the the other end of that so many times over the past 50 years.
Very good post.

I’m going to be patent with the rebuild. And the coaching staff working with what they have. I’m happy to escape with a win. Some teams have left Greenville with their butts cut. ECU loves to knock off a big boy in their place. And actually, I’ve said for years that it’s a mark of a good team to pull out a win like that. To play poorly while the inferior team plays inspired football, leads the entire game, only to have the better team somehow pull it out at the end and win. I know because I’ve seen Gamecock teams on the the other end of that so many times

I agree..good post. And no, under under a Mucshamp coached team we don’t come back from 14 down. All in all I’ll take where we are. Impressed with the DL play. We’ve gotten many coverage sacks so far as the secondary is not quite as bad as I feared. Special teams play aren’t a hold your breath moment as in the past. OL play has been nonexistent and we’re playing with a guy who had no off season to work with the receivers much less learn the entire play book. Doty will buy time scrambling where Zeb can’t. That’ll mask some of the OL screwup. But will be hard to notice as the competition heats up. But for gods sake please.. I hope there’s some stadium steps ran this week for the dumb penalties. The worst thing in my book is our players down by 14 and getting their ass handed to them, then taunting opponents after a play. Holy Jesus where’s the Tylenol.

To be as big as our OL guys are, why don’t we get any push on the D? I just don’t get it.

A high school team could run against a college defense with 7-8 men in the box?

I think too many of you guys were expecting a complete turnaround in year #1 and game #2.

Check your expectations. This is going to take some time.
Guilty. I won’t say I expected a complete turnaround, but after the summertime flurry of decent recruiting, it produced some unwarranted optimism. That and the positive culture change - plus some distance from the 2020 chump debacle - was the perfect setup for a crash back to reality. Beginning to believe Vegas may have been pretty close with their 3.5 over/under after seeing us in two games.

He’s not good...but I think it was the right call to leave him in for THIs game. He’s experienced....and on the road vs a game opponent...you don’t need a Hurt guy or a true freshman in there if you can help it. Zeb isn’t real good..a fine 2nd/3rd string guy who will be mentally prepared...but not real good. A lot of bad throws...but we don’t have great , quick underneath options. Only vann and bell can get in and out of routes quickly vs blitz. All others are too slow, not really receivers (DK), etc. we have a huge wR/te talent problem. Ecu showed it (once again....even though was blamed mostly on hill last year)....what do you think Georgia will do to us? Oh man. God be with us.
Well, it worked out in the end so all’s well I guess, but that was due to work by JuJu and a balls-to-the-wall catch by Joyner. When Zeb released that throw I thought McDaniel must have been in; good throw to get it over the defender, but just a must-have catch by Joyner.

A good number of the players didn’t look particularly “Team Zeb” out there as the game wore on. Had JuJu not come on, that could have been a damaging decision leaving him in like that. There’s less than stellar qb play and then there’s THAT shite.

Guilty. I won’t say I expected a complete turnaround, but after the summertime flurry of decent recruiting, it produced some unwarranted optimism. That and the positive culture change - plus some distance from the 2020 chump debacle - was the perfect setup for a crash back to reality. Beginning to believe Vegas may have been pretty close with their 3.5 over/under after seeing us in two games.
I figured 4 max before season. No coach was turning this program into a 6 or more wins in first year. Had this discussion with many fans/friends in past couple months. They had kool aide dripping on their shirts with crazy win totals 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony
Other than the DL which played fairly well this is an SEC squad in name only . Let’s face it guys we just don’t have the talent to compete with real teams right now . I think are blueprint for success is Arkansas. Nobody even batted an eye when Pittman was hired . However his team battled in every game last year , he established a great culture , recruited well and now they look like an up and coming program . His guys are bought in and playing lights out . I think that’s what we need to see this year .

Cam Smith played great but I have a feeling his personal fouls are going to end up costing us a game somewhere. He has GOT to clean that crap up

Reactions: Jbouton2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT