ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all need just need get over yourselves and get behind Coach Beamer...

It is there in the linked article. You only need to scroll down a few paragraphs.

I will go ahead and post it here for you since you missed it.

Example of agent playing one school against another to get the coach a raise.

Purdue coach Jeff Brohm, a middling 13-12 in two seasons with the Boilermakers, received a 50-percent raise ($4 million to $6 million) last month. He was courted by Louisville, his alma mater, with a seven-year deal for $35 million.

You think I make this stuff up, and it really does not happen? Do you never watch sports news? It happens in football, basketball, and baseball.
You're fighting a straw man. Do you know what that means? I never said it doesn't happen. You insinuated that we know every offer made to every coach.

Help me understand how you know Coach Beamer wasn't courted by other schools.
We did not have to compete with another school to get Coach Beamer. He had no other head coaching offers.

Find me just one article that states he was.
Show me any proof at all.
It can be speculation, not even verified, and I will change what I said.
Find me anything at all.

I have given you a link. I even posted it here after you claimed you couldn't find any info.
Do your own searching if you are not satisfied with what I provided.

I stand by what I posted earlier.

Talking privately to an agent about a coach just to gage his interest might not always be published. When a school actually makes an offer the agent wants that leaked to the sports media. Agent is hoping to get at least two schools into a bidding war. This creates more money for everyone involved. ESPN and others jump on this kind of stuff. They want to be the first to break the news.

We did not have to compete with another school to get Coach Beamer. He had no other head coaching offers.

Find me just one article that states he was.
Show me any proof at all.
It can be speculation, not even verified, and I will change what I said.
Find me anything at all.
I never made that claim. When did I say Shane Beamer had any other offers?

Reactions: cockofdawn
I never made that claim. When did I say Shane Beamer had any other offers?
You were bothered by me stating we did not have to compete with another school for Beamer. For some reason that irritated you I suppose. Actually at this moment I am not sure what you are hung up on.

You were bothered by me stating we did not have to compete with another school for Beamer. For some reason that irritated you I suppose. Actually at this moment I am not sure what you are hung up on.
Maybe you should go back and read my initial response. Bothered? No, sir. I asked if you had concrete facts or if you were passing them off as facts.

Maybe you should go back and read my initial response. Bothered? No, sir. I asked if you had concrete facts or if you were passing them off as facts.
Yes it is factual that Coach Beamer had no other head coaching offers aside from South Carolina.

And we are exactly where most people thought we would be 3 games into the season.
This is the problem. We are where we all thought we would be. We need to look long term. I does not matter who the coach is this year. We were going to suck no matter what. Saban struggled his first year at Bama. 5 years down the road where will we be? I just don’t see Beamer as a successful hire. I hope he is, but I don’t see it.

You must have a lot more insight than me.
Obviously you are missing any insight at all. Coaching changes and coaching offers are discussed on ESPN and other sports media almost every week. The hot topic right now is the Southern Cal job. They didn't overlook Shane Beamer getting the South Carolina offer. It was discussed daily in the media after Muschamp was fired.

Obviously you are missing any insight at all. Coaching changes and coaching offers are discussed on ESPN and other sports media almost every week. The hot topic right now is the Southern Cal job. They didn't overlook Shane Beamer getting the South Carolina offer. It was discussed daily in the media after Muschamp was fired.
I'm sure it was. And I'm sure you keenly aware of all the negotiations that happened. You win, buddy.

Who knows if Beamer is the solution. What we do know is that he inherited a team that won 3 out of it's last 18 games.

Those 3 wins consisted of beating Vandy twice and besting an Auburn team that completely self-destructed and fired their coach at the end of the year.

Our talent level is thin. When Muschamp arrived there were NFL-level playmakers: Deebo, Edwards, Skai, Lammons, Fenton, Hurst, Allen-Williams, Dowdle, Charlton, King, Fry, etc.

We have a few solid players here and there, but they are all having to relearn the basics and how to play as a team.

The OL is currently disoriented, but the playcalling as whole seems decent. Most importantly, it actually looks like we want to win football games again.

The defense is playing tougher and tackling is improved.

Overall morale seems much better.

UK at home should give us alot more insight into the work ahead.

Last edited:
Who knows if Beamer is the solution. What we do know is that he inherited a team that won 3 out of it's last 18 games.

Those 3 wins consisted of beating Vandy twice and besting an Auburn team that completely self-destructed and fired their coach at the end of the year.

Our talent level is thin. When Muschamp arrived there were NFL-level playmakers: Deebo, Edwards, Skai, Lammons, Fenton, Hurst, Allen-Williams, Dowdle, Charlton, King, Fry, etc.

We have a few solid players here and there, but they are all having to relearn the basics and how to play as a team.

The OL is currently disoriented, but the playcalling as whole seems decent. Most importantly, it actually looks like we want to win football games again.

The defense is playing tougher and is tackling is improved.

Overall morale seems much better.

UK at home should give us alot more insight into the work ahead.
That's way too reasonable of a post for these parts.

what? first off, it doesnt matter what we feel or think, Beamer will be here a minimum of 5 years so you may as well buckle up buttercup..
I really hope A) you're wrong or B) Beamer proves me wrong. Otherwise it will be a miserable half decade.

This is the problem. We are where we all thought we would be. We need to look long term. I does not matter who the coach is this year. We were going to suck no matter what. Saban struggled his first year at Bama. 5 years down the road where will we be? I just don’t see Beamer as a successful hire. I hope he is, but I don’t see it.
Yeah, the first 3 games are all you need to see to determine if a coach will be successful….geez.

I really hope A) you're wrong or B) Beamer proves me wrong. Otherwise it will be a miserable half decade.
I’m hoping for “B.” We rolled the dice with Beamer. The hiring is done. The season has begun. Let’s give Coach Beamer and the team our full support. Maybe we get lucky and Beamer turns out to be a great HC at USC. And let’s stop all this infighting. We’re all Gamecocks! We all want to win. Go Cocks! Beat Kentucky!

Reactions: WingchunCock

We actually won 5 of the last 18 games coming into this season which included wins over Georgia and Kentucky.

(see 2019 schedule)

Shane Beamer walked into a dream job with players he was give and sever other players who transferred in and wanted to play for him... We still problems and Beamer will not run from the issues... He is trying to win now with the players he has in hand...

We will have blow outs like this this year and next year and if you think Muschamp didn't have anything to do with this win again us, you're wrong... I'm sure he gave the best scouting report he ever did in his f'cking life as a coach because he knows the personal of this team inside and out... He knows every weakness we have on this team and took advantage of it... It's like Brad Scott giving Clemson the best scouting report against us for several years... Beamer did the best he could and will make the best of what he has now, not next year...

Discipline issues have been out major problem and it's not going away over night... Like any bad habit you may have, it will take time to go away...

I don't know you, but I was sick and tired of seeing the Arch Manning kid on the sideline at Georgia and he will not be going there.. Georgia is still Run U school and Arch Manning will be going somewhere else like Alabama. Clemson. Ole Miss. Texas.

Don't be surprise if you hear down the road that we might get a visit from Arch Manning.. Beamer will challenge recruits to come in and make a difference...

If you didn't like the hire of of Beamer, then seek out our former players who know Beamer personally who sees him as a good fit for the program... Ask them why they recommend Beamer for the job... I challenge you seek out the players and report back to us why they think Beamer is the guy for the job...
I have. "He is a nice guy and wants to be here. His family really like Columbia and he wants this to be his last job". None of that means he is a winner. Let's see what they say after the season is over. Beat Clemson and all is forgiven. Auburn Saturday will give us a good idea where we are with bobo coming into town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT