ADVERTISEMENT

You are right, Rose. Absolutely right.

What? Nebraska was 116th in Total Offense this season. South Carolina was 81st. DO NOT interpret that as being happy with the South Carolina offense, because I was NOT. Satterfield has consistently had low-ranked offenses. He has never had even a Top 50 offense, anywhere he has been. I'm not happy with Beamer because he has yet to show he can make quality hires. And before you say we cannot get quality hires, I would point to Spurrier hiring Ellis Johnson as his DC.

Same stupid comparison that tater123 made. Nebraska is a complete total rebuild. 4 wins last year and lost their QB to transfer. South Carolina, on the other hand, had an offense that was lighting it up at the end of last year with an experienced NFL draft prospect QB coming back. Nobody with a brain would have figured them to be in the same universe this year. Or for several years. Completely invalid comparison. There isn't an OC in college football that would have made them even close to us.

The correct comparison is last year with Satt vs this year with Loggains.

Last year, we finished 71st in total ypg, This year, 81st.
Last year, we finished 38th in scoring offense. This year, 74th.

Satt had us going in the right direction. Running him off set us back, EXACTLY like I said it would, while others claimed there was no way it could be worse.

Like I said. F'ed around. Found out. Howling monkeys can scream for firings again, and the result will be the same.

Last edited:
And nobody wants to talk about Nebraska because it is moronic to compare a total trainwreck rebuild to a team that closed out the year being the hottest offensive team in the nation. South Carolina should have been a top 50 offense this year. Nobody is surprised Nebraska is worse this year after finish 101st last year and losing their best player to transfer.

Dumber123 than a stump. Delusions of grandeur and fat girls.

Same stupid comparison that tater123 made. Nebraska is a complete total rebuild. 4 wins last year and lost their QB to transfer. South Carolina, on the other hand, had an offense that was lighting it up at the end of last year with an experienced NFL draft prospect QB coming back. Nobody with a brain would have figured them to be in the same universe this year. Or for several years. Completely invalid comparison. There isn't an OC in college football that would have made them even close to us.

The correct comparison is last year with Satt vs this year with Loggains.

Last year, we finished 71st in total ypg, This year, 81st.
Last year, we finished 38th in scoring offense. This year, 74th.

Satt had us going in the right direction. Running him off set us back, EXACTLY like I said it would, while others claimed there was no way it could be worse.

Like I said. F'ed around. Found out. Howling monkeys can scream for firings again, and the result will be the same.
Then all we can do is agree to disagree. Satterfield has never produced a Top 50 offense out of 130 teams.....not at Temple, not at South Carolina and not at Nebraska. And as I recall, not even close to that. I do not know the specifics as to what happened at Nebraska this season. What I do know is that lots of Nebraska fans want him out. The Scottsbluff Star-Herald has a story "After Blowing Bowl Berth, Nebraska Offense Needs Fast Fix From Matt Rhule". I don't care about them. We have our own problems. Again, I am not happy with Loggains. But, I realize we are stuck with him. And there are more problems than the OC here and more than just the offensive side of the ball and more than just the field coaching staff. That's for Beamer to fix, if he chooses. After all, he is the one being paid $6 million/year.

Last edited:
Then all we can do is agree to disagree. Satterfield has never produced a Top 50 offense out of 130 teams.....not at Temple, not at South Carolina and not at Nebraska. And as I recall, not even close to that. I do not know the specifics as to what happened at Nebraska this season. What I do know is that lots of Nebraska fans want him out. The Scottsbluff Star-Herald has a story "After Blowing Bowl Berth, Nebraska Offense Needs Fast Fix From Matt Rhule". I don't care about them. We have our own problems. Again, I am not happy with Loggains. But, I realize we are stuck with him. And there are more problems than the OC here and more than just the offensive side of the ball and more than just the field coaching staff. That's for Beamer to fix, if he chooses. After all, he is the one being paid $6 million/year.

If you think that comparing Satt at Nebraska to Loggains at SC is a valid comparison, then you must think Mike Bobo suddenly became a genius and it wasn't the talent difference between Auburn where he was 67th in total offense in 2021 and Georgia where he is 5th in total offense now.

And all fans want a fast fix on offense. It can happen, but it's rare. But random rankings across of conferences aren't a valid indicator of the effectiveness of a OC. Lots of teams in those rankings, especially top 50, that don't have to face SEC defenses almost every week. A better comparison is ranking within the conference vs recruiting. Because in the end, it's usually more Jimmys and Joes than Xs and Os. Using that metric, both these OCs are in the ballpark of where they are expected to be, with the stats and record favoring Satterfield.

And yes, we are stuck with Loggains, but don't rule him out yet. The moral of the story is that we need better players. Until we recruit at a higher level, there isn't a magic coach out there that is willing to come here that will make a difference. The quickest way to change that is with NIL money. And even if we get better players and the coaches still don't produce, lots of NIL money with better players will attract bigger name coaches with the better resumes you desire. That is what you will have to do to build a program and get better. You can't just hire your way to success because you want to. South Carolina doesn't have that kind of pull in the market.

Last edited:
But random rankings across of conferences aren't a valid indicator of the effectiveness of a OC. Lots of teams in those rankings, especially top 50, that don't have to face SEC defenses almost every week.

Interesting comment. Except Loggains outperformed Satterfield drastically while having to face those SEC defenses. So in your rush to call other peoples posts nonsense, you actually ended up supporting them.

But you keep crying about not wanting to talk about Nebraska even though that's where Satterfield is currently falling flat on his face. No wonder you're desperate to pretend it doesn't matter.

Do you finally understand that analogy? Or do I need to break out the crayons?

Lmao

Last edited:

Completely agree.

It's pretty nonsensical to argue over two underperforming coordinators.

Of course, unfortunately, it's the iff season now. So we should expect this sort of nonsense.

Give it a few months, we'll be "loaded" again on offense, our defense will appear an iron curtain in retrospect, and if we still had divisions, we might even see some discussing possibly winning ours. Rinse and repeat.

No, your "analogy" is stupid. What Satt did last year AT SC vs what Loggains did at SC this year is the only way you can compare.

You just handle the fact that you claimed it was an upgrade, when it clearly WAS NOT. Unless less yards, fewer points, 3 less wins, and no bowl is considered an upgrade. And if you believe that, someone needs to take away your crayons, because someone that dumb might eat them.

No, your "analogy" is stupid. What Satt did last year AT SC vs what Loggains did at SC this year is the only way you can compare.

No, you can compare what they did this year too. Well, someone who isn't overly emotional about the comparison can.

And the analogy (not mine, although I appreciate it) is perfect. You're literally arguing who was better out of two bad hires, and you don't even see how nonsensical that is.

No, you can compare what they did this year too. Well, someone who isn't overly emotional about the comparison can.

And the analogy (not mine, although I appreciate it) is perfect. You're literally arguing who was better out of two bad hires, and you don't even see how nonsensical that is.

The OC and DC positions might be the most difficult to fill with major talent.

Head coaches at SC typically have a life cycle of 5 years.

Part of that life cycle is buying more time by firing OCs and DCs.

Once a coordinator gets canned, they then have to deal with that stain as they hunt for a lower paying job and uproot their family.

That's quite different than inking a 5-year contract as a head coach and being guaranteed $30mil on the front end.

Last edited:
You CAN compare anything. Doesn't make it a valid comparison. Nobody has EVER said "I wonder if our OC was an upgrade over the last guy. Let's compare what the old guy is doing at his new school to what our new guy is doing at our school." The comparison is always year over year at the same school. Old OC last year at SC vs New OC this year at SC. Beyond stupid to suggest otherwise.

And no, the fat girl analogy you seem to think is so proud of borrowing from some random person on another board absolutely isn't perfect, because you are only looking at half of the relationship. You fail to realize who USC is. If they are fat chicks, exactly who do you think WE are? The hot chicks usually end up with the most handsome and/or richest men. If you take an honest look in the South Carolina mirror, you will see that our program isn't either one of those.

No different in football. The coaches that people consider top shelf usually go to the most attractive schools with the most money. If you are confused as to what we have to offer, just look at the list of coaches that have turned us down in recent searches. And some of them weren't even coaches that anybody would consider top shelf.

You just handle the fact that you claimed it was an upgrade, when it clearly WAS NOT. Unless less yards, fewer points, 3 less wins, and no bowl is considered an upgrade. And if you believe that, someone needs to take away your crayons, because someone that dumb might eat them.
No one really cares to compare Loggains and Satterfield, they both sucked.

You seem to keep avoiding that for some reason...

You CAN compare anything. Doesn't make it a valid comparison. Nobody has EVER said "I wonder if our OC was an upgrade over the last guy. Let's compare what the old guy is doing at his new school to what our new guy is doing at our school." The comparison is always year over year at the same school. Old OC last year at SC vs New OC this year at SC. Beyond stupid to suggest otherwise.

Only stupid because you choose to argue one side. You're not fooling anyone. Had Satterfield had a good season, you'd be on here daily whining about us supposedly letting him get away.

You have to ignore the fact that Satterfield cemented his status as a failure in yet another job. But the rest of us don't.

Don't worry about the analogy, I know it hurt that someone had to explain it to you. Trust me when I say that no one expects any different.

That one keeps going over her head. I personally find it funny she hasn't figured it out yet.

Bullshit. Since we had to hire a new OC, the most obvious comparison coming out of this season is how OUR offense (not f'ing Nebraska's lol) performed vs last year. If we had won 9 games, scored more points, and gained more yards, people would absolutely be talking about it, as they should. Except you, of course. You would still be crying because of your Beamer Derangement Syndrome.

Bullshit. Since we had to hire a new OC, the most obvious comparison coming out of this season is how OUR offense (not f'ing Nebraska's lol) performed vs last year. If we had won 9 games, scored more points, and gained more yards, people would absolutely be talking about it, as they should. Except you, of course. You would still be crying because of your Beamer Derangement Syndrome.

lol if you think Satterfield would have won more games this year.

Everyone should have seen the defense decline coming this year.

Lmao

Would that be anything like waiting for Satterfield to fall flat on his face at yet ANOTHER job, doing much worse than our new OC, then starting a thread about how we should apologize to him?

Talk about crying over a derangement syndrome.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscwatson21
My goodness , if you are going to argue we'd have been better off keeping Marcus Satterfield as our OC, why stop there? You might as well argue for bringing back Whammy Ward to replace White as DC. SMH

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
lol if you think Satterfield would have won more games this year.

Everyone should have seen the defense decline coming this year.

You didn't think he would beat Tennessee or Clemson last year.

How did that work out?

And you still cried. And cried. And still continue to cry.

You didn't think he would beat Tennessee or Clemson last year.

How did that work out?

And you still cried. And cried. And still continue to cry.

Yeah I had no way of knowing that Michigan gave us the signals for both teams.

Did you know that before the game?

Yeah I had no way of knowing that Michigan gave us the signals for both teams.

Did you know that before the game?

LOL. Idiotic.

7bebd458-dfe9-4c35-beee-da10caaaa99b.jpg

My goodness , if you are going to argue we'd have been better off keeping Marcus Satterfield as our OC, why stop there? You might as well argue for bringing back Whammy Ward to replace White as DC. SMH

And Bryan Harsin was the homerun hire of the century at Auburn to replace Malzahn too.

They did it right, right? LOL

Well, if we want to talk about opinions on coaching not aging well, we could bring up the predicted collapses of Heupel and Kiffin.

But that would be a deflection from this thread, where we're celebrating the Satterfield failure, right?

Crazy you can say this with a straight face. YOU were the one that wanted to give Beamer another chance to hire an OC. I wanted a new Head Coach and we would have been much better off with that than Beamer.

Yeah, firing Beamer would have set an amazing tone for the coaching hire. LOL

The best would be lining up to take the job. 110% chance we end up with another tater123 "upgrade". lol

Yeah, firing Beamer would have set an amazing tone for the coaching hire. LOL

The best would be lining up to take the job. 110% chance we end up with another tater123 "upgrade". lol

Yeah, who'd ever want to upgrade coaching staffs when you can whine and cry about NIL?

But since this is a thread about Satterfied..

It's funny how appreciated he is at Nebraska.

Not sure what that has to do with your love affair with Marcus Satterfield.

It goes to the point that maybe "fans" should give coaches some time and not crap on them constantly before they even have a chance to prove themselves instead of acting like impetuous children that are butt hurt because you didn't get the hire you wanted, likely because we CAN'T get the hire you wanted.

Lots of people didn't appreciate him here, either. Expected miracles immediately.

Nov 26th 2022, we were the talk of college football. Nov 26th 2023, not so much.

Howling monkeys on here wanted change at OC. They got what they wanted.

How did that work out for us?

Lots of people didn't appreciate him here, either. Expected miracles immediately.

Nov 26th 2022, we were the talk of college football. Nov 26th 2023, not so much.

Howling monkeys on here wanted change at OC. They got what they wanted.

How did that work out for us?

"Expecting miracles" is a straw man, and we both know it.

And the change worked out great for us. We got rid of him. We could still be posting things like his new team is:

Yeah, we also got rid of beating Clemson, Tennessee, and TAMU and a bowl game.

Only a tater moron would think that was "great" for us.

Have to give you credit for trying to find an inventive way to deflect from the fact that Beamer wasn't even competitive with Clemson, Tennessee or Texas A&M this year.

Yeah, I'm sure you would have been completely understanding of Beamer getting DESTROYED by New Mexico St at home near the end of his first season.

With Freeze, you know the NMSU loss is an outlier. With Beamer, the wins against Tennessee and Clemson are the outlier.

I know which I would prefer to have be the outlier.

Last edited:

Lmao

Satterfield didn't beat Clemson or tennesse. And a&m was won by the dense and special teams.

Satterfield being shown the door is GREAT for us.

Yeah, it was great for tater trolls like yourself. Great at saving money on bowls too.

Not so great for real Gamecock fans that liked beating Clemson, Tennessee and A&M. And watching our team in bowl games.

It goes to the point that maybe "fans" should give coaches some time and not crap on them constantly before they even have a chance to prove themselves instead of acting like impetuous children that are butt hurt because you didn't get the hire you wanted, likely because we CAN'T get the hire you wanted.
If Satterfield had a history of producing good offenses at Temple and here, that might fly. But, he does not. He goes to Nebraska and people there are not happy with him either. As I pointed out to you before, there was an article, "After Blowing Bowl Berth, Nebraska Offense Needs Fast Fix From Matt Rhule". The article is in the Omaha World-Herald. Nebraska had the worst statistical offense since 1968. And their opposition on defense were not the Kansas City Chiefs. They faced the numbers 91 (Michigan State), 95, 103, 115 and 122 scoring defenses in the nation, according to the Omaha World-Herald. Loggains (who I'm not happy with) faced just ONE defense (Vanderbilt) that had a worse scoring defense. Colorado averaged allowing 34.8 points per game. Satterfield's offense put up just 14 points on CU. They did not have a 200-yard passing game for the first time since entering the Big Ten. Their completion rate was the 2nd lowest of the conference era. Their interception rate was the highest of the Big Ten era. For the 3rd straight year, going back to his time at USC, a Satterfield offense committed more than 20 turnovers. (NOTE: however some of those turnovers were on special teams).

Marcus Satterfield might be a nice guy. I don't know. I do KNOW that you are defending a loser of an Offensive Coordinator.

Reactions: Lurker123
Yeah, it was great for tater trolls like yourself. Great at saving money on bowls too.

Not so great for real Gamecock fans that liked beating Clemson, Tennessee and A&M. And watching our team in bowl games.

The "you're a tater" delusion. Typical when you know you're wrong. This thread bragging about Satterfield blew up in your face well enough.

And as I said,
Satterfield didn't beat Clemson or tennesse. And a&m was won by the dense and special teams.

Satterfield being shown the door is GREAT for us and a curse for Nebraska fans.

If Satterfield had a history of producing good offenses at Temple and here, that might fly. But, he does not. He goes to Nebraska and people there are not happy with him either. As I pointed out to you before, there was an article, "After Blowing Bowl Berth, Nebraska Offense Needs Fast Fix From Matt Rhule". The article is in the Omaha World-Herald. Nebraska had the worst statistical offense since 1968. And their opposition on defense were not the Kansas City Chiefs. They faced the numbers 91 (Michigan State), 95, 103, 115 and 122 scoring defenses in the nation, according to the Omaha World-Herald. Loggains (who I'm not happy with) faced just ONE defense (Vanderbilt) that had a worse scoring defense. Colorado averaged allowing 34.8 points per game. Satterfield's offense put up just 14 points on CU. They did not have a 200-yard passing game for the first time since entering the Big Ten. Their completion rate was the 2nd lowest of the conference era. Their interception rate was the highest of the Big Ten era. For the 3rd straight year, going back to his time at USC, a Satterfield offense committed more than 20 turnovers. (NOTE: however some of those turnovers were on special teams).

Marcus Satterfield might be a nice guy. I don't know. I do KNOW that you are defending a loser of an Offensive Coordinator.

Nebraska was one of the worst team on offense last year, and got worse with people transferring out. Nebraska has been a Muschamp level disaster for a while. Nobody is surprised they were bad. The third string QB that he had to use in a 3 point loss to #9 Iowa couldn't even run with the ball holding it with 2 hands and not fumble with nobody within 5 yards of him. That ain't coaching. That's lack of talent. What are you going to say as a coach? Hold the ball with 3 hands? Same with the GT QB that transferred in. Couldn't get hit without fumbling.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...chubba-purdy-commits-embarrassing-fumble-iowa

And I don't care what you think of his resume. HERE, at Carolina, he got it done. Stepped into a total catastrophe, and in two years, exceed any reasonable expectations.

And I don't know him. Never met him. Don't really care. All I care is about winning, and we did more of it with Satterfield at OC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT