ADVERTISEMENT

Your opinion of pre-game flame throwers ? ? ?

2lH8m.gif

I like the old way better, but if prospective players like it, then go for it.
Remember when Holtz wouldn't even let the team wear their names on their jerseys until they earned it?

OK, that was a long time ago...and Holtz doing it here was one of the last coaches to do it. Pandering to this and future generations is a must now, I guess.

Not sure I can say I like it or not, because it hasnt worked right yet has it?
Personally not a fan, but I care more about how we play rather than pregame festivities.

The only thing I care about seeing is some offense; these last 2 seasons have been the most boring in memory.

If we were winning it'd be awesome. But since we're not, it's pretty lame.

I think it was embarrassing coming out to 2001 and only 1 flame was working for the first game and only 2 flames worked at the next game...

THIS IS BUSH LEAGUE!!!!

I think we need to scrap it all together and stick what works... The original entrance to 2001...

Reactions: biloxibird
Not necessary IMO. I'd be fine if they went away after one year. We haven't even seen them all work yet but as was posted above, 2001 didn't need "fixing." Look for somewhere else to spruce up

I've already seen two or three other schools using it during their entrance.
Doesn't really do anything for me. Perhaps at a night game, with the stadium lights dimmed, and spotlights on the team.

But putting lipstick on a pig doesn't work either.

I say give them to the band to use at halftime or something. Pregame needs no help.

"only 2 flames worked at the next game..."

Well, that's not true. All 4 worked in the second game. They rotate. Not shoot fire the whole time. And all 4 did this before the La Tech game.

So this is where we are now? Bitching and moaning about the flame throwers? Man...if it weren't for message boards, where would y'all do your whining and complaining? I guess sports call in shows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT