ADVERTISEMENT

“We’re a good football team”..... Muschamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
he may be right...we certainly didn't play good football Saturday night..But we did the previous 2 games...let's see how the season plays out...I don't fault HBC because we missed extra points and field goals..I fault Boom that we had to kick so many field goals...At some point he has to accept that Elliot Frye is gone and go for it on some fourth downs

Reactions: cockofdawn
We are getting better....no rational person can not say that we are not with a straight face. From where we were two years ago....Muschamp has performed an almost miracle. We simply do not have the horses in key areas. We are going to win some games and lose some this year. It is about building and getting the young players up to speed....look at all the youth...that is where our winning will come from.

This is a young growing team. They are taking some lumps but the potential is there.

Would love to hear the reasoning behind that statement.
I just think this isn't the UK teams of old. Stoops has them going in the right direction so it's not as big of a shock to lose to UK as it used to be. Trust me, we know we have had some really poor teams in the past. Someone just posted on the message boards over there that since Lamar Jackson has been a starter at UL, UK has a better record than UL. Pretty amazing if you think about it.

Reactions: cocky4
Sad thing about this year is that if you look at our schedule no team outside Clemson strikes fear in you. Every game should be winnable with some breaks. That's what make this game so painful. Had a chance to be up 21-0 before you blinked an eye. This is the weakest schedule I've seen in a long time and I don't think we can take advantage of it.

he may be right...we certainly didn't play good football Saturday night..But we did the previous 2 games...let's see how the season plays out...I don't fault HBC because we missed extra points and field goals..I fault Boom that we had to kick so many field goals...At some point he has to accept that Elliot Frye is gone and go for it on some fourth downs
And the playcalling going for it on 4th down was atrocious - need a frank talk with his OC!

Sad thing about this year is that if you look at our schedule no team outside Clemson strikes fear in you. Every game should be winnable with some breaks. That's what make this game so painful. Had a chance to be up 21-0 before you blinked an eye. This is the weakest schedule I've seen in a long time and I don't think we can take advantage of it.
Up until the last game last year, we improved throughout the year. This year we started ahead of where we were last year. Give it time. No reason to think we won't show some improvement throughout this year also.

Reactions: cocky4
Spoiler alert. A good football team won't beat Clem this year.
And they're beyond confident & flexing their obnoxious muscles because they have no threat left on their schedule (Louisville was another prop as Fla. St. will be)! What a comfortable situation to be in!

True...huge missed opportunity if we can't take advantage of this weak schedule.

And they're beyond confident & flexing their obnoxious muscles because they have no threat left on their schedule (Louisville was another prop as Fla. St. will be)! What a comfortable situation to be in!

I would say Va Tech is a threat. And whoever they meet in the playoffs. Beyond that, there is not much of a threat to them. Weren't you the one saying Auburn would crush them? Maybe I'm wrong.

I just think this isn't the UK teams of old. Stoops has them going in the right direction so it's not as big of a shock to lose to UK as it used to be. Trust me, we know we have had some really poor teams in the past. Someone just posted on the message boards over there that since Lamar Jackson has been a starter at UL, UK has a better record than UL. Pretty amazing if you think about it.
You may be right, and I hope you are, but something tells me the Gators are going to go into Lexington on Saturday and quell any discussion about Kentucky having "turned the corner." If our offense doesn't improve significantly, we're going to struggle to find 4 more wins on this relatively easy schedule.

Sure, all coaches would agree it's a good idea for a kid's first field goal attempt to be a 52-harder.

I actually hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier than for y'all to go beat UF, UT and/or UGA... but Stoops hasn't done any of that yet right? No denying y'all have our number. With that said and as much as it pains me to say this, not sure improvement can be gauged on how you play us right now. Good luck to ya though.

I actually hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier than for y'all to go beat UF, UT and/or UGA... but Stoops hasn't done any of that yet right? No denying y'all have our number. With that said and as much as it pains me to say this, not sure improvement can be gauged on how you play us right now. Good luck to ya though.
For the record, I'll be shocked if we beat FL.

You may be right, and I hope you are, but something tells me the Gators are going to go into Lexington on Saturday and quell any discussion about Kentucky having "turned the corner." If our offense doesn't improve significantly, we're going to struggle to find 4 more wins on this relatively easy schedule.
I have FL by 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT