ADVERTISEMENT

$100,000 to do this...

That's a matter of opinion, I guess because I think he did. He thought the team would be good, and he thought he had a good staff. We were terrible. We were a scrimmage for LSU. Lost to El Cid. On D, we lined up 10 yards off the WR. On O, no QB or RB to speak of in his 11th season. We paid him tens of millions of dollars and his final team was so bad he quit in mid-season. To me, that's disgraceful.
Doesnt matter what you think.

The 2015 USC football season is in the record books as 3-9 with a loss to the Citadel and a coach who quit in disgrace in the middle of the season. That cannot be denied or changed.
And again, did you watch the ESPN tribute? No mention of disgrace or quitter, because even ESPN knows the truth and holds the man is high esteem.
But keep making shit up to make yourself feel wiser. I believe you know deep down you are wrong.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Does to me.
Well at least you have one, even if it's yourself.

It's a safe assumption that to the majority on this board your opinion =
Pile_Of_Poop.jpg

Cola G'Cock ... I suppose it's easy to approach 25,000 posts when you repeat yourself at least a dozen times on a thread. We get it, you don't like Coach Spurrier. We get it - you, and a few others (I'd venture less than 10%) ... 'fans' like Atlanta Cock consider SOS a Gator, you always have and always will.
What SOS did wasn't 'quitting' it was done hoping to redirect the team and personally, I think it helped. He stayed a year too long (by request) against his own good judgement, which at least provided his detractors (like you) the opportunity to express your constant and consistent dislike for the guy ... so launch your meaningless tirade.
The facts are indisputable, Spurrier changed SC football in a way no one else ever came close to doing.
Our entire program is better and Gamecock fans are more excited about the future than ever.
I think Coach Muschamp's the guy who can and will get us to the 'next level'. I certainly hope so.
Beating up SOS is old news and silly. He's a terrific ambassador for 'Carolina football - a true legend in the SEC - respected by coaches everywhere, THE guy who changed the face of the SEC - how the game is played, no one's come close to his record of turning around truly and historically inferior football programs ... he did it three different times at three schools who were either down (WAY down - Florida) or out (WAY out - having NEVER been 'winners' - South Carolina ... or having failed to win for 50-years - Duke).
His program's were always clean ... if he 'suffered' any disconnect IMHO it was as much societal as anything - unable to 'connect' with so many of the kinds of players transitioning to college football these days.
The guy's a stone-bargain at $100K ... which by the way ain't some afterthought largess but a part of his contract negotiated several years ago in the midst of the greatest run in SC football history.
When he took the Gamecock job Tommy Bowden was earning 2X's what we paid SOS. When he turned down 'Bama before they hired Saban he turned down 2X's what we were paying him, content to accept a $750K raise instead of leaving for MUCH MORE money - although even with the bump he earned $1 million LESS coaching here than he would have STARTED AT coaching for the 'Tide.
And Spurrier gave BACK ... supporting other 'Carolina sport's coaches, attending their games and with his own money. A few people (a VERY few) have contributed more money to SC football than Spurrier, while no one ever contributed more to its rise in success and prestige.
Steve Spurrier made SC football an entity not to be taken lightly.
Mine's just another 'opinion' - same as yours.
But all those bowl games and all those bowl wins and all those W's against clemson, including FIVE in a row in the decade Coach Spurrier WAS SC football was something I never saw or experienced before in the nearly 50-years since I enrolled at South Carolina.
And any reading of our football history before 1968 says it NEVER happened before Spurrier arrived in 2005, either.
That's just the way it is. I suppose if everyone agreed on who's a great leader nobody would have ever shot Lincoln, Kennedy or Ronald Reagan.
One man's treasure is another guy's trash. It's the way of the world.
Rock on.
No, my issue is with loser USC fans who champion a quitter. It seems you fit that category.

And again, did you watch the ESPN tribute? No mention of disgrace or quitter, because even ESPN knows the truth and holds the man is high esteem.
But keep making shit up to make yourself feel wiser. I believe you know deep down you are wrong.
LOL! Spurrier is a quitter and deserted the 3-9 team he created. You can't deny that because it is fact.

USC will never have a successful football program with fans who think quitters are heroes.

Reactions: Atlanta Cock
LOL! Spurrier is a quitter and deserted the 3-9 team he created. You can't deny that because it is fact.

USC will never have a successful football program with fans who think quitters are heroes.
Is this simple situation really that far above your intelligence and ability to critically comprehend?
The difference is quitting and retiring. Had he give up or quit, it would likely mean that he did not like the place he was in and would have left to go be a part of another program...namely his alma mater and college that he both won a Heisman trophy and coached to a NC.
He would not g.a.s. about USC and would not want to hang around and help the program in whatever capacity Pastides, Taner, the BOT and Boom deem useful.
And I believe if those people think he deserving they far outweigh your spiteful attempt to demean the man for your personal satisfaction, and that the majority of our fans feel the same.

Again, how is your whining and demeaning the man making the fan base look better or helping the program in any way? I'm still waiting for you to answer that question.

Is this simple situation really that far above your intelligence and ability to critically comprehend?
The difference is quitting and retiring. Had he give up or quit, it would likely mean that he did not like the place he was in and would have left to go be a part of another program...namely his alma mater and college that he both won a Heisman trophy and coached to a NC.
He would not g.a.s. about USC and would not want to hang around and help the program in whatever capacity Pastides, Taner, the BOT and Boom deem useful.
And I believe if those people think he deserving they far outweigh your spiteful attempt to demean the man for your personal satisfaction, and that the majority of our fans feel the same.

Again, how is your whining and demeaning the man making the fan base look better or helping the program in any way? I'm still waiting for you to answer that question.
Wow! That is some really good spin you have put on the situation!

Attitudes like yours are what will keep USC football steeped in mediocrity forever.

Actually, I am not demeaning Spurrier but demeaning fans like you who are still worshiping Steve Spurrier after he devastated the football program and then up and quit in the middle of a pathetic 3-9 season he created. I don't blame Spurrier for taking money from those who won't hold him accountable.

Ha ha, this one takes the cake. Let's see what you say when some other coach you hate "retires" in mid-season. What a crock! Retires?! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

"Is this simple situation really that far above your intelligence and ability to critically comprehend?"

Yes.

So at what is widely considered a coach's graveyard we decided to keep our all time winningest coach around a while for what in college athletic circles is a pittance. Someone (a hall of famer at that) who heaps praise upon our President, AD, and city. And some of our "fans" are whining about it. Gotcha...

So at what is widely considered a coach's graveyard we decided to keep our all time winningest coach around a while for what in college athletic circles is a pittance. Someone (a hall of famer at that) who heaps praise upon our President, AD, and city. And some of our "fans" are whining about it. Gotcha...
You conveniently left out the fact that our all time winningest coach quit on the team two years before he quit the job in the middle of a losing season. :p

The good he did far outweighs the bad. By a country mile. Well, that's my opinion.
Yours and about 95% of college football overall.

This guy has a severely distorted view and is stuck on stupid. And he won't stfu until he gets the last word thinking he wins a prize or a participation trophy for getting the last word in and "straightening" people out...when no one really g.a.s. what he thinks.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Yours and about 95% of college football overall.

This guy has a severely distorted view and is stuck on stupid. And he won't stfu until he gets the last word thinking he wins a prize or a participation trophy for getting the last word in and "straightening" people out...when no one really g.a.s. what he thinks.
LOL! Stuck on stupid? I am not the one idolizing a quitter. :p

There has been no one cheering what you have to say. Why don't you take your own advice and quit posting on this topic?

There has been no one cheering what you have to say. Why don't you take your own advice and quit posting on this topic?

Nobody is idolizing Spurrier. We are using him for his PR and fundraising skills. It's a huge win for the university. It's too bad you and the other couple of morons in this thread can't see it. Nobody cheering what he has to say? GD you really are that f"ing stupid. I'd venture to say just about all Gamecocks support Tanner and Pastides in having Spurrier as our ambassador. And guess what numbnuts, ain't a damn thing you can do it about it! LOL. Keep spreading your ridiculous hate on a message board chief, aint nothin going to change. Just the typical whiny, pathetic little bitch.

I don't need anyone cheering for anything I posted. Go back through the entire thread and you'll see there are 3 other posters that share your distorted opinion. Everyone else supports having Spurrier on the staff, thinks it well worth $100g and are glad he is helping.
I guess it's possible that you 4 are right and Pastides, Tanner, the BOT, and the rest of the college football world world are wrong. So maybe you 4 should get a room and post-off about it, with lots of high-fives, hugs and towels.
In the meantime Boom, his staff and Spurrier will be working hard to take the program to higher levels than our greatest coach did. And I can't wait to watch you and your cohorts eat crow about it.
Like I said, you're stuck on stupid.
showing-you-are-stupid.jpg

stupid1.jpg

Nobody is idolizing Spurrier. We are using him for his PR and fundraising skills. It's a huge win for the university. It's too bad you and the other couple of morons in this thread can't see it. Nobody cheering what he has to say? GD you really are that f"ing stupid. I'd venture to say just about all Gamecocks support Tanner and Pastides in having Spurrier as our ambassador. And guess what numbnuts, ain't a damn thing you can do it about it! LOL. Keep spreading your ridiculous hate on a message board chief, aint nothin going to change. Just the typical whiny, pathetic little bitch.
How much money has he raised since becoming our "Ambassador?"

No, promoting a quitter is not a huge PR win for USC. It just shows that USC has a very low bar and is desperate for any attention, regardless of where they get it.

I love how you think people with character and integrity are morons and numbnuts.

You should look in the mirror before hurling personal attacks at others who want USC to have some respect.

I don't need anyone cheering for anything I posted. Go back through the entire thread and you'll see there are 3 other posters that share your distorted opinion. Everyone else supports having Spurrier on the staff, thinks it well worth $100g and are glad he is helping.
I guess it's possible that you 4 are right and Pastides, Tanner, the BOT, and the rest of the college football world world are wrong. So maybe you 4 should get a room and post-off about it, with lots of high-fives, hugs and towels.
In the meantime Boom, his staff and Spurrier will be working hard to take the program to higher levels than our greatest coach did. And I can't wait to watch you and your cohorts eat crow about it.

stupid1.jpg
Again, this attitude by some fans is why USC football is mired in mediocrity and not likely getting any better.

stupid1.jpg
I've lost count how many bad decisions our BOT has made. If that's your argument, shame on you. I'm on record as saying I like Tanner a lot, but not as our AD. He's in over his head. Pasties is a nice guy too, and I like him. But, here's what I know. Many posters on this Board like him because he publicly supports and enjoys college athletics. Of course, that's fine. But, in my lifetime I've seen 2 presidents at competitor schools, Barker at Clemp and Adams at UGA, take their schools to unprecedented heights. USC is still at the same ranking as it ever was. Hell, in the USN&WR Bama, Aubie and UT are ranked higher. It's embarrassing. In fact, the law school is now ranked lower then ever. So, if you think every decision Pastides makes is brilliant, you're wrong.

He got two full hours on Finebaum (like him or not) during which he gushed over our facilities, leaders and Columbia. Callers from rival schools called in and praised him to the nth degree. I believe he will do more of this as time goes on but he is astute enough to leave the stage to the new staff. I don't like the way he exited either but as I said, we are better because he passed our way.

Reactions: HI Cock
"Check in with President Pastides and Ray Tanner a little bit... and wear my visor all over the place." Couldn't he just do that without being paid about 1.5 times what the average professor makes?

Just wondering.

It never ceases to amaze me. 90% of us Gamecock fans are the best fans in the country. Then we have the other 10% (85% of the posters on this website) who are the stupidest fans alive. I used to think they we're Clempson fans posing as Gamecock fans but these morons actually are Gamecock fans. Unbelievable.

Reactions: USC-1
It never ceases to amaze me. 90% of us Gamecock fans are the best fans in the country. Then we have the other 10% (85% of the posters on this website) who are the stupidest fans alive. I used to think they we're Clempson fans posing as Gamecock fans but these morons actually are Gamecock fans. Unbelievable.
There's only 4 in this thread (and one I seriously doubt is a Gamecock fan) so I believe it's less than 10%...but there are others that I know of that haven't chimed in so you could very well be right.
And you can't fix stupid.
I give up trying.

There's only 4 in this thread (and one I seriously doubt is a Gamecock fan) so I believe it's less than 10%...but there are others that I know of that haven't chimed in so you could very well be right.
And you can't fix stupid.
I give up trying.
Yes, but you can fix 3-9 with a coach who actually cares about his team.

I think you can look forward or look back. Everyone killing SOS for the last couple of years is factually correct but conviently forgetting the prior 100 years. I can admit that Coach had a terrible last year but can still appreciate the previous 10 or so. He stayed too long and screwed up. He is the best thing that ever happened to USC football. Both.

I think you can look forward or look back. Everyone killing SOS for the last couple of years is factually correct but conviently forgetting the prior 100 years. I can admit that Coach had a terrible last year but can still appreciate the previous 10 or so. He stayed too long and screwed up. He is the best thing that ever happened to USC football. Both.
Yes, he quit without notice and should be gone from USC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT