ADVERTISEMENT

14 and 0..........Destino

Jeff...please refrain from calling out 18-21 year old kids. Frustrated like everybody else is about this series. Should have at the least won the series...could have swept it. But it doesn't do any good to single out players on a public message board.

Reactions: ProtectThisHouseUSC
I believe Jeff was merely pointing out why Holbrook pinch hit for him. With that being said, Row has to get the bunt down.

I believe Jeff was merely pointing out why Holbrook pinch hit for him. With that being said, Row has to get the bunt down.
I agree, BUT WHY TRY TO BE CUTE AND PULL THE BAT BACK AND SWING AWAY ON THAT 1ST STRIKE OVER HIS HEAD ?

Reactions: GamecockJL
Jeff...please refrain from calling out 18-21 year old kids. Frustrated like everybody else is about this series. Should have at the least won the series...could have swept it. But it doesn't do any good to single out players on a public message board.
He didn't say anything derogatory about the kid at all.

Reactions: trentock
Just don't say anything about his favorite Uncle Chad!

There is got to be better hitting coaches. For 4 years the hitters have done the same thing. Absolutely no patience at the plate, swinging at bad breaking balls(some outside and in the dirt), swinging at first pitches usually with RISP or after the pitcher walked one or two batters, and the first pitch swinging is usually a easy ground out or pop up and no heads up hitter that can get a clutch hit with 2 outs. Their approach needs to change now!

And he's not the only one. Our approach at the plate with MOB and RISP is a problem up and down the lineup. That is a coaching problem.
I agree. Why can we not execute a bunt, and what happened to the hit and run?
It seems like more times than not there is no approach other than swing at the first pitch that's close.

3 games ..14 men on base with Destino up and he got no RBI. Didnt drive in anybody.
He arrived as a big time recruit. Just don't think the staff has done anything to help develop him. He just has not stepped up like we all thought he would.

He arrived as a big time recruit. Just don't think the staff has done anything to help develop him. He just has not stepped up like we all thought he would.
He was a big recruit large in part due to his pitching out of high school. He threw 92 in high school.

Why do some people feel like we can't criticize a players performance... In the real world if you don't perform well on you job there are consequences... Why should we shelter these adult athletes (over 18..)...not kids from criticism.. We are paying for their scholarship... We should demand excellence... All this is is entertainment... If they do not perform well we shouldn't shelter them.

Why do some people feel like we can't criticize a players performance... In the real world if you don't perform well on you job there are consequences... Why should we shelter these adult athletes (over 18..)...not kids from criticism.. We are paying for their scholarship... We should demand excellence... All this is is entertainment... If they do not perform well we shouldn't shelter them.
Because most of it is not done constructively, and also a lot of the players are still minors.

The funny thing is that I can remember RT doing some things that at the time made you scratch your head. They seemed to work out for him. Now don't take that as a comparison because I don't think there is any comparison. My biggest issue with CH is that he is the hitting coach and we have regressed over the last few years offensively.

he pointed out a fact- the stats.

No bashing. 18-21 year olds are dying on the battlefield. I think a college baseball player in his junior year can handle someone pointing out their baseball stats.

We are ranked 115th in batting average - behind powerhouses like Georgetown, and UT Arlington.

We are ranked 190th in scoring - behind scoring machines like Grambling, and Seattle University.

And he's not the only one. Our approach at the plate with MOB and RISP is a problem up and down the lineup. That is a coaching problem.

I wish Cullen had more of a homerun swing. To be so big ,he has a very short compacted swing.

3 games ..14 men on base with Destino up and he got no RBI. Didnt drive in anybody.
I didn't have much confidence in his hitting by Sunday either - he had a bad series, obviously, but he is STILL our best chance to hit the ball - especially against that last pitcher they pulled off the bench! As we know it couldn't have been worse than what happened and, again, I'd go with our best chance at a time like this! Whatever, the fact that we left 29 base runners stranded throughout the series is totally unacceptable and who coaches the batters? There lies our biggest problem IMO. If we'd hit like a great team does (No. 4 ranked AT HOME) we wouldn't have to be concerned about pressure calls like these!

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I honestly hope Holbrook can get the job done. I think he is a good recruiter and because of that he won't run us into to the ground. However his lack of a "feel for the game " is my biggest concern. I think he is in over his head and has gotten this far off of recruiting and Jerry Meyers.
Monte Lee out coached him again this year, similar to the way tanner used to out coach Leggett. The flip side is if you fire him, can you bring in the next Ray tanner?

I honestly hope Holbrook can get the job done. I think he is a good recruiter and because of that he won't run us into to the ground. However his lack of a "feel for the game " is my biggest concern. I think he is in over his head and has gotten this far off of recruiting and Jerry Meyers.
Monte Lee out coached him again this year, similar to the way Tanner used to out coach Leggett. The flip side is if you fire him, can you bring in the next Ray Tanner?

While I understand the frustration on the part of CH bashers, unless you have someone lined up, the venting isn't accomplishing anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT