ADVERTISEMENT

18 WRs!!

If included in those 18 we had a Debo Samuel, an Alshon Jeffery, and a Shi Smith, I would be extremely excited. At this point I don't see anyone close to that caliber of receiver. Since the glorious recruiting services did not rate Debo that highly, it is entirely possible that we have some in this class as well, but there just isn't much evidence at this point to suggest we do. We will find out in September though, won't we?
How about a Nick Jones, Bruce Ellington and Ace Sanders. Do we have to have 3 of the 4 best receivers we had the last decade or can we just field 3 guys that get the job done like in 2012? Hell, pretty plain that more was going on than talent considering the NFL WRs we've had the last few years with nothing to show for it

And that big catch looks like a busted coverage because Doty looked like he was going to run. And against a defense almost as bad as ours.
I honestly knew he wasn't as elusive as folks said his first Spring game when our walk on Eason had him one on one in the open field and planted Joyner. I just have never seen this elusiveness some say they see. That said I hope he does great this year and has 800 recieving yards.

How about a Nick Jones, Bruce Ellington and Ace Sanders. Do we have to have 3 of the 4 best receivers we had the last decade or can we just field 3 guys that get the job done like in 2012? Hell, pretty plain that more was going on than talent considering the NFL WRs we've had the last few years with nothing to show for it
Ok, go ahead and add Bruce and Ace to the list, since they were every bit as good as Shi Smith. In fact, go ahead and add Sterling Sharpe, Robert Brooks, Sidney Rice, and Pharoh Cooper to the list as well. Satisfied? After doing so, the situation is still unchanged.

Ok, go ahead and add Bruce and Ace to the list, since they were every bit as good as Shi Smith. In fact, go ahead and add Sterling Sharpe, Robert Brooks, Sidney Rice, and Pharoh Cooper to the list as well. Satisfied? After doing so, the situation is still unchanged.
I know Ortre has been banged up since his freshman year, but is it possible he could still show out the talent we know he has from early in his career? Is it possible that Ahmarean Brown is as good as he looked as a freshman? Is it possible that when Jaycee Horn, who will be a first rounder, said Brooks was the real deal, he may have been right. Is it possible that one of these 4 stars we had didn't show out because there were serious problems with the last regime? Is it possible you're wrong to condemn them all so fast?

I know Ortre has been banged up since his freshman year, but is it possible he could still show out the talent we know he has from early in his career? Is it possible that Ahmarean Brown is as good as he looked as a freshman? Is it possible that when Jaycee Horn, who will be a first rounder, said Brooks was the real deal, he may have been right. Is it possible that one of these 4 stars we had didn't show out because there were serious problems with the last regime? Is it possible you're wrong to condemn them all so fast?
I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. Yes, any and all of that is possible except for your entirely inaccurate the last sentence. In fact that is exactly what I said - "Since the glorious recruiting services did not rate Debo that highly, it is entirely possible that we have some in this class as well." So you see, I haven't condemned anyone at all - you just don't know how to read.

I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. Yes, any and all of that is possible except for your entirely inaccurate the last sentence. In fact that is exactly what I said - "Since the glorious recruiting services did not rate Debo that highly, it is entirely possible that we have some in this class as well." So you see, I haven't condemned anyone at all - you just don't know how to read.
I was referring too the ones that have been on campus, like Powers.

Re-read captain reading comprehension, I only referred to players on campus which you seem to think can't be good.
I am not the one with comprehension issues. Obviously you cannot even read the title of the thread. It says "18 WRs". That is what this whole thread is about and all I was referring to in my post you responded to claiming I was condemning "them all". Once again you are just full of more BS.

I am not the one with comprehension issues. Obviously you cannot even read the title of the thread. It says "18 WRs". That is what this whole thread is about and all I was referring to in my post you responded to claiming I was condemning "them all". Once again you are just full of more BS.
I didn't mention the recruits, you didn't say maybe the existing players could break out, you only mentioned the incoming freshmen, that's what I called out. You're plainly not following and you're arguing against things I didn't touch on. I didn't mention recruits because I think they may break out, I mentioned the others because they seemed not to factor in for YOU.

I think he is getting work at TE
Right where he needs to be. Hopefully he can be half as good as Jared Cook was for USC in a similiar position (flex TE/mismatch). Despite early info that he runs a 4.3 or something absurd...I hope his frame and hands meet expectations and we have a true mismatch that we haven't had since H. Hurst left. The last two years defenses have given us the TE to throw to on check downs - I hope this guy and ANYbody else can take that and run with it.

I didn't mention the recruits, you didn't say maybe the existing players could break out, you only mentioned the incoming freshmen, that's what I called out. You're plainly not following and you're arguing against things I didn't touch on. I didn't mention recruits because I think they may break out, I mentioned the others because they seemed not to factor in for YOU.
Once again with the reading comprehension issues. Here is what I posted:
"The thing I care most about is that we lost the only real WR we had last year. Now we have 18 bodies that can do what? We don't know what the new guys can do, only that they were not heavily recruited by many top teams. We do have some experience with some of the returning guys, but it wasn't good." This debunks everything you just posted as I clearly included all 18 WRs in my comments. I didn't exclude anyone.

well this went off the rails! Shocking turn of events... We are usually so civil and cordial to each other here!

Reactions: Gradstudent
The WR group will be much better than last year. My big concern is DT and DBs.

The WR group will be much better than last year. My big concern is DT and DBs.
DB is a huge concern. I like our core of returning DTs/ DL broadly speaking and the transfer we brought in from Nebraska could be a big boost to depth there. I am personally more concerned about LB than DT.

DB is a huge concern. I like our core of returning DTs/ DL broadly speaking and the transfer we brought in from Nebraska could be a big boost to depth there. I am personally more concerned about LB than DT.

I would be concerned about LB, but since we only use 2 now, I have less concerns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT