ADVERTISEMENT

56 points but too many

Also 2 scoop and score fumbles by the QB.

I didn't have the sound on in the 1st half.
Why didn't they call targeting on OK #20?
Because it was Big XII officials and it was Oklahoma? Just a guess. It seemed pretty obvious to me. The defender didn't even attempt to wrap up the receiver or even use his arms at all. Just flew in helmet first.

The blocking out of bounds was a big screwup
It was. Major bonehead move. It also didn't help that the WVU and the Gamecocks employ the same tackling techniques. What is that called, the intimidation tackle? Where you don't actually make physical contact with the guy, but try to scare him down to the ground?

It was. Major bonehead move. It also didn't help that the WVU and the Gamecocks employ the same tackling techniques. What is that called, the intimidation tackle? Where you don't actually make physical contact with the guy, but try to scare him down to the ground?
That was one of my takeaways - no tackling!! Combined with that blocking oob, and the two scoop-n-scores, as noted above, sealed the deal. It was a fun game to watch though, for sure!!

I believe that Oklahoma and West Virginia use RBs and WRs that don’t pan out to play defense. That’s the punishment...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT