ADVERTISEMENT

6-6, Bowl eligible...

shorecock

Nov 15, 2008
Upstate
So what...

Yes, we are 6-6 and bowl eligibl. Last night, a loss could have been tolerable if our team looked like they were worthy of being an SEC caliber team. We got humiliated in our own house because of simple fundamentals that have been plaguing this team for years. There is nobody in the athletic office that wants to take charge and fixed these issues. So yes, 6-6 and bowl eligible. I hope you’re happy with that because it’s who we are and what we’ll be for years to come.

I just hope all of the first-team QB reps in the bowl practices actually go to a player that is going to be here next year. At this point, the results of the bowl game are secondary to me. I'm more concerned about growth and improvement going into next season.

So what...

Yes, we are 6-6 and bowl eligibl. Last night, a loss could have been tolerable if our team looked like they were worthy of being an SEC caliber team. We got humiliated in our own house because of simple fundamentals that have been plaguing this team for years. There is nobody in the athletic office that wants to take charge and fixed these issues. So yes, 6-6 and bowl eligible. I hope you’re happy with that because it’s who we are and what we’ll be for years to come.
Happy is a relative term. Would I like to be better than 6-6? Absolutely. Would I’d like to see some consistent production from the offense? Absolutely. Am I happy that we are 6-6 considering our last few years and the fact that we had a large number of transfers from obscure or smaller schools that played major roles enhancing the fact our previous staff was terrible? Absolutely.

Last night was pathetic, but in the grand scheme of things irrelevant to recruits outside of SC. Beamer has some negatives with him as he recruits, but can also sell the fact that in his first year we are 6-6 and will make a bowl coming off 6 combined wins in the last two years.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Duke’s Mayo Bowl against Virginia per CBS Sports?
11:30 AM Dec 30

It’s funny. If, at the start of the season, you had polled the fan base, 100% of fans would have instantly said they’d be thrilled with 6 wins. Any 6 wins. Now we have 6 wins and fans are b*tching about how we got here. Welcome to Columbia, Shane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT