ADVERTISEMENT

8-4 This Year

Spurs Up

Jan 18, 2016
We'll handle the Wolfpack to start the season, and our offense will be in rhythm by game 2. Anything less than 8-4 will be a failure in my book. We have a beggars chance at 10-2. Florida game is a toss up; we'll handle UGA, UT, UK finally and Vandy. aTm will be tough. Clemmers at home will go our way. We own Mizzou and the smaller schools. Arky scares me but that's a long way away. Calling it now. Confidence.

Our defense will be much better than most think...the key to season is the Oline..I am hopeful because we have a much better coach there..But i am more than concerned about who is currently listed as our starting center..I have yet to see the young man play a good solid game..He may be capable..But i haven't seen it

The OL is a big question mark going into the season, NCST DL is being touted as one of the best in the country this year. Doesn't sound promising. Would I want the win, yes, but I'm trying to be a realist

We should know how we fare after game 3. I see us at 2-1, but the pivotal game in my opinion will be UK. We've lost the last 3 so hopefully this trend can be stopped. If not then were at 1-2 with the stronger teams on our schedule (UF, UGA, Clemson) still on tap. Beat UK then at 2-1 we should have confidence heading into the meat of our schedule.

7-5 even 8-4 can be a realistic expectation. Given our lack of talent right now 10-2 just looks to be completely unrealistic
It can happen but we have to give the staff some time so they can recruit to bring in more talent and depth

Reactions: funktavious
Anything is possible... 8-4 would be a nice step forward!

If we don't beat NC State we are going 6-6 or worse.

It will all come down to to OL play we have some play makers but they have to give Jake time to throw. Run blocking last year was weak to say the least we missed on too may 3rd and shorts. Helms has to step up and walk the walk he's let me down. We could win 9 but our OL has to get nastier.

[QUOTE="Spurs Up, post: Anything less than 8-4 will be a failure in my book. We have a beggars chance at 10-2. We own Mizzou and the smaller schools.

We've played Missouri 7 times. Missouri has won most.
South Florida ... That's right ... South Florida beat us last year.

Let me guess ... YOU did not graduate from The University of South Carolina.

Our defense will be much better than most think...the key to season is the Oline..I am hopeful because we have a much better coach there..But i am more than concerned about who is currently listed as our starting center..I have yet to see the young man play a good solid game..He may be capable..But i haven't seen it

Honestly the defense can't be worse. My question is did we bring in some nasty hard hitting types? If not. We in trouble. Never saw a team as soft as us last year. Returning staters only helps if they are really good players.

Honestly the defense can't be worse. My question is did we bring in some nasty hard hitting types? If not. We in trouble. Never saw a team as soft as us last year. Returning staters only helps if they are really good players.

I can think of a couple teams softer than we were last year. Us in 2014 and 2015

Reactions: wdgamecock22
If we go 10-2 this year, we should make Muschamp one of the highest paid coaches in the country. The horses are just not there right now. I would be ecstatic with 8 wins in the regular season in year 2. A bowl win tells me that we are gaining ground. My expectations are just not that high right now. IMO last year's team overachieved getting to 6. ECU and Vandy easily could have gone the other way. I think Bentley and guys around him on O get us to 6. Better than expected and opportunistic D could get us to 7 or 8. Anything more than 8 wins puts the Muschamp rebuild WAY ahead of schedule

10 and 2 ???? I got some Alpine property down here in the Florida Panhandle I can sale you really cheap !!! The slopes are lovely during July and August

We'll handle the Wolfpack to start the season, and our offense will be in rhythm by game 2. Anything less than 8-4 will be a failure in my book. We have a beggars chance at 10-2. Florida game is a toss up; we'll handle UGA, UT, UK finally and Vandy. aTm will be tough. Clemmers at home will go our way. We own Mizzou and the smaller schools. Arky scares me but that's a long way away. Calling it now. Confidence.
Lol yeah you will.. only if tn has 25 starters hurt out of game again does USC have a chance..

Reactions: griffgolf
A lot of triggered taters.
2eur13k.gif

Reactions: lawcalcock
It's going to be interesting for sure. I believe we can make another bowl game but if the defense isn't greatly improved I don't see it being a good one. Who knows though maybe the O will be so good we can win a bunch of shootouts.

We win the NC State game, I say 8-4. We lose it, we won't win 5 games. That game is seriously important. Go Cocks!

[QUOTE="Spurs Up, post: Anything less than 8-4 will be a failure in my book. We have a beggars chance at 10-2. We own Mizzou and the smaller schools.

We've played Missouri 7 times. Missouri has won most.
South Florida ... That's right ... South Florida beat us last year.

Let me guess ... YOU did not graduate from The University of South Carolina.
South Florida was 10-2 with a good offense and our defense was out to lunch. Even at that they took them to OT. The biggest question defense?

I think 5 or 6 wins is most likely. Here's a path to 7 though-

@UT, @AM, @UGA, Florida, Clemson... From what I know right now, we'll be lucky to win any of those. Let's say we get 1

NC State, Kentucky, Arkansas.... Need to take 2 of 3

@Mizzou, Vanderbilt... Have to win both, can't slip up.

La Tech, Wofford... Should be wins

Once again I agree with you @Art__Vandelay. I'd like to see us get to 8. Think 6-7 is more realistic. Anyone who thinks we are winning 10 should go put some money down in Vegas quick. I love my team but I don't see 10 in my wildest dreams, and occasionally they get pretty wild

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Think you'll know a lot after Game 1. You're about 5 pt. dogs now but I'd be hard pressed to bet against you. Last 10 years you are 9-0 vs. the state of NC and you weren't favs in all of those games either.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay

I generally don't do this, but I'm gonna have to call you a tater or something, but definitely not a Carolina fan. Clemson may hang another 50 on this defense again this year.

Me a tater. SMDH. 8-4 you'll see.

Sack up fellas. It's a new season.

Don't think you're a tater. Don't doubt 8-4 could happen, but there is very little room for error in 8-4. Vegas probably has us at 5. I think we get 7 but would love 8

I am all for being optimistic, but I am also a realist. In the excitement of a new season, some on here get a little carried away. This program is trying to dig out of a serious talent deficit. And will be for a while. As much as I hate it, anyone that thinks we are beating Clemson in the near future isn't thinking clearly. I would feel great going 7-5, or even another 6-6. NC State game will go a long way towards setting the tone. We lose that one, and we might be looking at last year as a good season

Reactions: LazyIslander
Obviously you weren't around when Lou took over as HC! NO offense, NO defense, Talking about
soft, can you spell Marshmellow? Are you forgetting that Moore is back? "A Hard Hitting type"!:cool:

Obviously you weren't around when Lou took over as HC! NO offense, NO defense, Talking about
soft, can you spell Marshmellow? Are you forgetting that Moore is back? "A Hard Hitting type"!:cool:

Oh yeah, I been around since Carlen was here. You must be forgetting Lou had some players that would have never been on a dang piggy back ride against the taters. Lou had Kalimba Edwards, John Abraham, Dunta Robinson, Ko Simpson, Ricardo Hurley, Sheldon Brown, Rashad Faison, Shannon Wadley just to name a few Those players would lay da wood. How many of those types do we have now? Yes I know Moore is back which is great. I also know we have a lot returning that would not be playing on most SEC teams. Boom is supposed to be a defensive genius. so far he hasnt shown that

We normally start out slow, takes us couple of games to really produce. NC st is going to be tough so if we win this first game i believe 8-4 is doable

Our O has a chance to be pretty damn good, especially if the O line improves at all. Don't let the tiger assholes that are wrongfully allowed to probe this site keep piling the shit on. We have a chance to be decent if the D improves just a little.

Did any of you happen to watch South Carolina Football in 60 on the SecNetwork the other night? If you did, you saw a young offense with lots of talent that wouldn't surprise me if it scores 28+ on all but maybe 3 teams. Thats going to give us a chance in 9 games. I see us at 7-8 wins. Just don't see the ball bouncing our way enough to squeak out 9, until the bowl game.

We are better than most realize, we've just gotten used to underachieving during Spurriers last couple of years.

I watched that SecNetwork special and witnessed lots of good. Roper is calling great games and giving us a chance.

Our offense is LOADED with playmakers at every skill position on that side of the ball. When's the last time we could say that? We may have more playmakers on offense than Clemson.

This team will break out hearts but will gain momentum this year and give Boom something to sell in recruiting the next class.

Getting to a bowl last year was a welcome surprise even though losing the bowl was disappointing. Most of us would have taken that at the beginning of last season. I say 7-6 with a bowl win would be a step forward, but not large enough to make a huge difference in recruiting. I say 8-5 in 2017 with a bowl win will make a difference, and set us up for a breakout season of 10+ W's in 2018. I think 7-6 with a bowl win is very doable, and likely. Anything less will be disappointing. 8-5 with a bowl win is possible, and I would be happy with that. Anything more than that, and I would be ecstatic.

Eight wins this season seems more achievable than 6 wins seemed last season. An awful lot would need to go right for us for that to happen though. I stand by my previous prediction of 7-5 for the regular season.

Nothing wrong with high hopes, but without seeing this team play and folks counting on so many newcomers to make an immediate impact, at this point, I'd be shocked if USC won 8 games. Too many unproven players right now. We do play in the SEC, so I don't think we can point to any game and say, "yup, that's a definite win." We're not where we were 6-7 years ago, so KY and Vanderbilt are still giving us fits. That being said, I do like what Muschamp is doing and I think he will build a winner here. I don't have any doubt that this team will be better than last year, but that may not translate to more wins. We may be more competitive against better teams but still lose more than we win.

Until I see our team play and see our opponents play, there are a lot of winnable games, but that doesn't mean we WILL win all those games, because the other team may be on the same level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT