ADVERTISEMENT

ACC vs SEC

Sure they would, that is why Clemaon played Auburn last year, is playing Texas A&M this year and next, and just scheduled a neutral site game with Georgia. Clemson also plays Notre Dame after Texas A&M. Poo poo on the ACC all you want, but you can't fault Clemson scheduling as tough as possible.

Also, as for the original post about week one ACC vs SEC, the majority of those are SEC WEST teams and in some cases a top West team playing a mid-lower level ACC team, Bama vs. Louisville is a perfect example this year. Remember that the SEC EAST was the lowest ranked division of all Power 5 conferences last year, even with Georgia making the title game. SEC in recent years needs to be clarified as West or East because they are vastly different levels of competition. I think that will change in the future, but for the past several years the East has been historically down.
1 isn't the same as 3

I hate ANYTHING ACC, Would pull for the Taliban vs Duke, UNCheat, Taters, Etc etc.. That is just me....

Do you hate USC ACC basketball championship? I understand what you are saying and I was being a little flippant but some of us are old and attended an ACC school, USC!

Why is it that the taters don't give a rat's a$$ about their sorry conference unless they happen to beat someone? They are content to play two or three good teams a year and hope that the committee will reward their record.

I live in Atlanta, in the heart of the SEC / ACC. Gamecock fans get a bad rap for being huge SEC homers. To clarify, the entire SEC is the same. Watched the []_[] vs LSU last night with a UGA buddy. He pulled for LSU and was definitely into the conference pride. I have UF / UT / Auburn / Bama friends that all are the same. It’s amazing the contrast between conferences. I hate almost all the ACC teams. Many in ACC have a hard time pulling for each other. I pulled for LSU last night. Cane fans are the worst. Ultimately, I only care about Clemson. That’s ok. It’s also ok if you love your conference and want to see it do well. It’s ok if we make fun of that. It’s ok if you make fun of our conference. It’s a rivalry.
there are no rivalries in the ACC....they're weak teams mostly, scattered all over the place....they have no regional pride.....the ACC is just a bunch of teams pulled together with nothing in common....maybe in the old days but not now...

I gave 3 teams a year. You gave 1 a year. Different scenario playing just UGA, just Auburn, or just Bama verses playing them all in the same year.

Like I said, Clemson would be happy to play them and has tried very hard to schedule great SEC teams. Clemson just scheduled a home and home with LSU. There are only so many OOC games, and they have to play South Carolina and atleast one of the small local universities.

And who plays Auburn, Georgia and Bama in the same year? It can happen, but it takes some funky scenarios. I guess someone like Ole Miss could do it if they beat Auburn and Bama and then got to play Georgia in the SECCG. It's not like every SEC team is playing all the top teams every year. For example, South Carolina is not this year.

Anyhow, my point was that Clemson in recent years does not shy away from playing tough teams and does all they can to schedule them. Further, the ACC has been a solid conference in recent years, top 2 or 3. As a result of those two things, Clemson has actually had a very good SOS. I think the ACC is down this year, so we will see what happens, but the Big10 is also proving they are once again overrated.

Reactions: FJRTiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT