ADVERTISEMENT

Adding Ethernet connection to bedroom- Any recommendations ?

DeeDave

Oct 11, 2021
I need to add an ethernet connection to a bedroom that is being turned into a bedroom/office.

My modem is on the opposite side of the house on the 2nd floor. I don't really want to rely on wireless as I need this to be a strong, consistent connection.

I have no idea how to go about doing such a thing- and watching online videos makes it more confusing to me. I think it would take considerable work and I don't feel comfortable doing it myself.

Any business recommendations in the Midlands area?

If you're having sleep issues, ditch the WIFI at night and especially the boosted signal. The last thing you need to an amplified (or any) signal running through your brain for 8 hours while your body tries to repair itself. Stick with the grounded wiring.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355

I don't think that it my issue. Plus, Pall's study has been widely (and I mean widely) discredited.

"According to a review of Pall (2018) oxidative stress, sperm/testicular damage, neuropsychiatric effects including changes in the encephalogram (EEG), apoptosis, cellular DNA damage, endocrine changes, and calcium overload are established effects of WiFi exposure. However, this review was heavily criticized for selective reporting, for ignoring the quality of the studies, for ignoring the level of exposure, for including studies that did not apply WiFi signals, and for inadequate description of the study results (Arribas et al., 2018; Foster & Moulder, 2019; Najera, 2019; Pinto et al., 2020).

"While several symptoms were found to be related to mobile phone use, those with a WiFi at home were significantly less likely to wake up during the night. Other symptoms (headaches, feeling down or depressed, tinnitus, trouble falling asleep, tired during school, painful texting thumb) were not related to the presence of WiFi at home.

In conclusion, we found little evidence that WiFi exposure is a health risk in the everyday environment."

Update

I think what I am going to do is buy a 100 foot long ethernet cable and run it from the router through my attic down to my crawlspace and run it over to that side bedroom and just drill a hole and put some spray insulation back in the hole to close it up.

That seems like the cheapest way.

Reactions: BBallUSC
Update

I think what I am going to do is buy a 100 foot long ethernet cable and run it from the router through my attic down to my crawlspace and run it over to that side bedroom and just drill a hole and put some spray insulation back in the hole to close it up.

That seems like the cheapest way.

That's definitely the cheapest way that you know will work.

I have to say, I have AT&T internet and then connected it to the Google "mesh" wifi routing system and it's amazing in all corners of the house (three stories). I'm not exactly certain how the mesh system works, but it sends a strong signal everywhere and it's just as powerful for download and upload speeds anywhere in the house.

I don't think that it my issue. Plus, Pall's study has been widely (and I mean widely) discredited.

"According to a review of Pall (2018) oxidative stress, sperm/testicular damage, neuropsychiatric effects including changes in the encephalogram (EEG), apoptosis, cellular DNA damage, endocrine changes, and calcium overload are established effects of WiFi exposure. However, this review was heavily criticized for selective reporting, for ignoring the quality of the studies, for ignoring the level of exposure, for including studies that did not apply WiFi signals, and for inadequate description of the study results (Arribas et al., 2018; Foster & Moulder, 2019; Najera, 2019; Pinto et al., 2020).

"While several symptoms were found to be related to mobile phone use, those with a WiFi at home were significantly less likely to wake up during the night. Other symptoms (headaches, feeling down or depressed, tinnitus, trouble falling asleep, tired during school, painful texting thumb) were not related to the presence of WiFi at home.

In conclusion, we found little evidence that WiFi exposure is a health risk in the everyday environment."

This study is brought to you by the fine folks of Verizon & Co. Check Congressional Hearings even over the past year. They have no idea about WIFI and 5G. The mid-90s is where health in America began to take a nosedive. This was the beginning of cell towers being placed everywhere. 60 minutes has done multiple pieces on the issue.

-----------------

"Radiation from wireless technology affects the blood, the heart, and the autonomic nervous system, your breasts, ovaries and sperm cells. RF/microwave radiation affects your germline and ruins mitochondrial DNA because it ruins calcium/calmodulin second messenger system of signaling in cells. You do not need nuclear DNA or RNA damage to cause widespread organ dysfunction via the IONIZING part of the spectrum of light. Even RF radiation, on the low energy end of the spectrum of light, causes is as the NTP study.

Exposure to electrosmog generated by electric, electronic, and wireless technology is accelerating to the point that a portion of the population is experiencing adverse reactions when they are exposed. The symptoms of electrohypersensitivity (EHS), best described as rapid aging syndrome, germline disorders, mitochondrial energy deficits that are more prominently experienced by children than adults and resemble symptoms experienced by radar operators in the 1940s to the 1960s and are well described in the literature and in Robert O. Becker and Dr. Andrew Marino's books.

"An increasingly common response includes clumping (rouleau formation) of the red blood cells, heart palpitations, pain or pressure in the chest accompanied by anxiety, and an upregulation of the sympathetic nervous system coincident with a downregulation of the parasympathetic nervous system typical of the "fight-or-flight" response. The patient becomes chronically dehydrated because of poor water creation due to poor mitochondrial function and blood sugar and blood pressure rises in these cases to varying degrees. Provocation studies have demonstrated that the response to electrosmog is physiologic and not psychosomatic.

"Those who experience prolonged and severe chronic electromagnetic exposure may develop physiologic and psychologic problems as a consequence of their inability to work, become fertile, their limited ability to travel in our highly technologic environment, and the social stigma that their symptoms are imagined rather than real. This is what American communication network is doing to the American public's cells and tissues 24/7 now."

Reactions: cocks rule
That's definitely the cheapest way that you know will work.

I have to say, I have AT&T internet and then connected it to the Google "mesh" wifi routing system and it's amazing in all corners of the house (three stories). I'm not exactly certain how the mesh system works, but it sends a strong signal everywhere and it's just as powerful for download and upload speeds anywhere in the house.

I'm with Spectrum and have no idea how any of that works.

I have the Spectrum modem and my own NetGear router with 1 wi-fi booster but there are rooms in my house where the wi-fi signal is less than idea.

This study is brought to you by the fine folks of Verizon & Co. Check Congressional Hearings even over the past year. They have no idea about WIFI and 5G. The mid-90s is where health in America began to take a nosedive. This was the beginning of cell towers being placed everywhere. 60 minutes has done multiple pieces on the issue.

That's also when people started a long time love affair for spending countless hours on the internet and stuffing themselves silly with fast-food instead of getting outside.

Obesity Trends Among U.S. Adults

• In 1990, among states participating in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 10 states had a prevalence of obesity less than 10% and no states had prevalence equal to or greater than 15%.
  • By 2000, no state had a prevalence of obesity less than 10%, 23 states had a prevalence between 20–24%, and no state had prevalence equal to or greater than 25%.

That's also when people started a long time love affair for spending countless hours on the internet and stuffing themselves silly with fast-food instead of getting outside.

Obesity Trends Among U.S. Adults

• In 1990, among states participating in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 10 states had a prevalence of obesity less than 10% and no states had prevalence equal to or greater than 15%.
  • By 2000, no state had a prevalence of obesity less than 10%, 23 states had a prevalence between 20–24%, and no state had prevalence equal to or greater than 25%.

You're thinking binary again in terms of cause-effect. It's not all or nothing like a fatal car accident.

Mitochondria are membrane-bound cell organelles that generate most of the chemical energy needed to power the cell's biochemical reactions. Chemical energy produced by the mitochondria is stored in a small molecule called adenosine triphosphate (ATP).

In other words, mitochondrial integrity is basically everything in terms of health. Our cells operate like batteries - positive and negative charge. Aging naturally impacts, but so does your environment, relationships, diet, etc. What do you think causes cancer? Ultimately, degradation of the mitochondria regardless of the source.

EMFs have been shown to negatively impact mitochondrial function on a 24/7 basis in countless studies. Even if you remain a doubter it's the same deal as vaccines - innocent until proven guilty is not a wise approach.

Instead of once again posting experts from Harvard, MIT, etc, on the issue and you coming back with propaganda pieces sponsored by the same individuals who stand to profit....let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaleoCock
You're thinking binary again in terms of cause-effect. It's not all or nothing like a fatal car accident.

Mitochondria are membrane-bound cell organelles that generate most of the chemical energy needed to power the cell's biochemical reactions. Chemical energy produced by the mitochondria is stored in a small molecule called adenosine triphosphate (ATP).

In other words, mitochondrial integrity is basically everything in terms of health. Our cells operate like batteries - positive and negative charge. Aging naturally impacts, but so does your environment, relationships, diet, etc. What do you think causes cancer? Ultimately, degradation of the mitochondria regardless of the source.

EMFs have been shown to negatively impact mitochondrial function on a 24/7 basis in countless studies. Even if you remain a doubter it's the same deal as vaccines - innocent until proven guilty is not a wise approach.

Instead of once again posting experts from Harvard, MIT, etc, on the issue and you coming back with propaganda pieces sponsored by the same individuals who stand to profit....let's just agree to disagree.

Honestly, all you have to do is look at the explosion of neurological diseases over the past 25 years. It's literally almost pegged to the new technology release timeline.

Honestly, all you have to do is look at the explosion of neurological diseases over the past 25 years. It's literally almost pegged to the new technology release timeline.

LOL

The conspiracy theory oddities are out today

LOL

Alex Jones Trial GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: DeeDave

Reading your baloney is akin to an Alex Jones piece. Just crazy garbage.

But i have to give you credit for turning a simple topic about adding an ethernet cable to a house into a nutty conspiracy about 5g and the harm of wi-fi

LOL

EMFs are a huge subject. In my line of work, hospitals have been exploring ways to minimize both the patients and staff. NASA and the military have plenty of research on the topic as well.

All it takes is a simple search of PUBMED and/or glance at the chart data to verify. However, you're probably exhausted from your poor sleep to perform such a task.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Reading your baloney is akin to an Alex Jones piece. Just crazy garbage.

But i have to give you credit for turning a simple topic about adding an ethernet cable to a house into a nutty conspiracy about 5g and the harm of wi-fi
Posts about your sleep issues and "boosting" your WIFI signal in your home within hours of each other might be the connection?

There's over 83,000+ studies on EMFs as relates to human health. Studies typically cost millions to conduct. Below are the first three from that list:

Specific electromagnetic radiation in the wireless signal range increases wakefulness
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8346830/

Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation on Neurotransmitters in the Brain
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8415840/

Possible Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Field Exposure on Central Nerve System
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6513191/#:~:text=Neurological cognitive disorders, such as,et al., 2007).

"Neurological cognitive disorders, such as headache, tremor, dizziness, loss of memory, loss of concentration and sleep disturbance due to RF-EMF have also been reported by several epidemiological studies."

Posts about your sleep issues and "boosting" your WIFI signal in your home within hours of each other might be the connection?

There's over 83,000+ studies on EMFs as relates to human health. Studies typically cost millions to conduct. Below are the first three from that list:

Specific electromagnetic radiation in the wireless signal range increases wakefulness
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8346830/

Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation on Neurotransmitters in the Brain
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8415840/

Possible Effects of Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Field Exposure on Central Nerve System
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6513191/#:~:text=Neurological cognitive disorders, such as,et al., 2007).

"Neurological cognitive disorders, such as headache, tremor, dizziness, loss of memory, loss of concentration and sleep disturbance due to RF-EMF have also been reported by several epidemiological studies."

83,000+ studies, and still no affirmative link to everyday EMF’s and cancer, or other diseases and disorders.

83,000+ studies, and still no affirmative link to everyday EMF’s and cancer, or other diseases and disorders.
Did you happen to read any? Most reach the conclusion that it either is damaging OR could be damaging. Also important to note that these studies have no financial incentive for a particular outcome.

Now return to the video of the Democratic Senator from Connecticut asking all of the wireless carriers if there had been any studies on human health impact. They are well aware there have been plenty studies. They just don't like the conclusions.

You can continue to wait on MSM to affirm if you want. Maybe they'll drop wireless advertisers and start discussing the topic freely. I personally don't believe that's a good approach to health but to each his own.

You know, rather than being a total asshh0le, you could have said "thanks" and moved on. What a dick
You're talking to mongrel that wished children would die in a car wreck. That's the best you can expect from him.

Did you happen to read any? Most reach the conclusion that it either is damaging OR could be damaging. Also important to note that these studies have no financial incentive for a particular outcome.

Now return to the video of the Democratic Senator from Connecticut asking all of the wireless carriers if there had been any studies on human health impact. They are well aware there have been plenty studies. They just don't like the conclusions.

I did. And I saw they were from South Korea - one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Cutting edge on everything - and the first to install 5G as proof. They have all the latest wifi, cell networks, and every random emf you can imagine from their electric cities.

And guess what, their cancer rates have dropped steadily since 2011. With life expectancy is still on a constant incline. They’ve probably been exposed to more real life emf’s than any culture in the world. Studies are definitely useful - but you can’t ignore real life.

Key phrasing that makes this non-definitive: “damaging or could be damaging.” That literally describes most things in the world.

I did. And I saw they were from South Korea - one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Cutting edge on everything - and the first to install 5G as proof. They have all the latest wifi, cell networks, and every random emf you can imagine from their electric cities.

And guess what, their cancer rates have dropped steadily since 2011. With life expectancy is still on a constant incline. They’ve probably been exposed to more real life emf’s than any culture in the world. Studies are definitely useful - but you can’t ignore real life.

Key phrasing that makes this non-definitive: “damaging or could be damaging.” That literally describes most things in the world.
Disease or disorderIncrease since 1990
ADHD819%
Alzheimer’s disease299%
Autism2,094%
Bipolar disease in youth10,833%
Celiac disease1,111%
Chronic fatigue syndrome11,027%
Depression280%
Diabetes305%
Fibromyalgia7,727%
Hypothyroidism702%
Lupus787%
Osteoarthritis449%
Sleep apnea430%

Preprint copy.
The Root Cause in the Dramatic Rise of Chronic Disease | Brown University
https://app.box.com/s/iyjuzrxtkx3gpblu4vmt0wjrgsxykuzc
(468 study citations)

Disease or disorderIncrease since 1990
ADHD819%
Alzheimer’s disease299%
Autism2,094%
Bipolar disease in youth10,833%
Celiac disease1,111%
Chronic fatigue syndrome11,027%
Depression280%
Diabetes305%
Fibromyalgia7,727%
Hypothyroidism702%
Lupus787%
Osteoarthritis449%
Sleep apnea430%

Preprint copy.
The Root Cause in the Dramatic Rise of Chronic Disease | Brown University
https://app.box.com/s/iyjuzrxtkx3gpblu4vmt0wjrgsxykuzc
(468 study citations)
That's pretty alarming. Interesting it goes back to 1990 tho. That's about the time that doctors were able to more easily diagnose some of those. Take ADHD... cases began to climb significantly in the 1990s. Reportably, there may be a few potential factors behind the rise in diagnoses:
Doctors were able to diagnose ADHD more efficiently.
More parents were aware of ADHD and were reporting their children’s symptoms.
More children were actually developing ADHD.

Given that, that was a period where increases in cases were naturally going to be off the charts going forward. Personally, I'd be more interested in seeing the increases in cases say from the last ten years.

Reactions: PaleoCock

Check their overall chronic disease rates since the 1990s. It's through the roof and it's the inflammatory bundle that's relevant. Not to mention, Cancer is currently the #1 cause of death in South Korea and they are ranked 13th globally.

Location and lifestyle can also be a big factor. For example, why did Africa have one of the lowest rates of COVID deaths in the world while African Americans were almost 3x as likely to die? The Epigenetic component.

Last edited:
That's pretty alarming. Interesting it goes back to 1990 tho. That's about the time that doctors were able to more easily diagnose some of those. Take ADHD... cases began to climb significantly in the 1990s. Reportably, there may be a few potential factors behind the rise in diagnoses:
Doctors were able to diagnose ADHD more efficiently.
More parents were aware of ADHD and were reporting their children’s symptoms.
More children were actually developing ADHD.

Given that, that was a period where increases in cases were naturally going to be off the charts going forward. Personally, I'd be more interested in seeing the increases in cases say from the last ten years.
Good points. There's definitely some of this. However, the eye test alone is evidence that our health has taken a major slide since the 90s. I'm at the beach most weekends in the Summer and it's an alarming scene. Same at the hospitals.

Good points. There's definitely some of this. However, the eye test alone is evidence that our health has taken a major slide since the 90s. I'm at the beach most weekends in the Summer and it's an alarming scene. Same at the hospitals.

Mitochondrial dysfunction on full display.

I need to add an ethernet connection to a bedroom that is being turned into a bedroom/office.

My modem is on the opposite side of the house on the 2nd floor. I don't really want to rely on wireless as I need this to be a strong, consistent connection.

I have no idea how to go about doing such a thing- and watching online videos makes it more confusing to me. I think it would take considerable work and I don't feel comfortable doing it myself.

Any business recommendations in the Midlands area?

I used a simulator setup 7 years ago and it’s preformed well. Had almost no signal in my theater room. I’ve been streaming nonstop since installing

Last edited:
Check their overall chronic disease rates since the 1990s. It's through the roof and it's the inflammatory bundle that's relevant. Not to mention, Cancer is currently the #1 cause of death in South Korea and they are ranked 13th globally.

Location and lifestyle can also be a big factor. For example, why did Africa have one of the lowest rates of COVID deaths in the world while African Americans were almost 3x as likely to die? The Epigenetic component.

And yet life expectancy in South Korea keeps going up every year without fail. (Hint: it’s because food related heart disease is the real killer in industrialized nations - that’s what drive American deaths up.). People will eventually die of something - and if you live long enough it will most likely be a cancer of some sort. But the most electric society in the world isn’t dying from EMFs.

And you can’t really talk about Covid in Africa because there’s no real testing/reporting ever going on.

Reactions: DeeDave
You can continue to wait on MSM to affirm if you want. Maybe they'll drop wireless advertisers and start discussing the topic freely. I personally don't believe that's a good approach to health but to each his own.

Look, you won’t find anyone more interested in health than me. I welcome studies on everything (especially the introduction of new factors into society). But EMFs have been one of the biggest conspiracy theories for a long time. First it was over sixty years ago and living near high voltage wires - nothing came of it. Then cell towers. Seriously, in California two decades ago I remember nutcases claiming the cell towers were why they were lazy and couldn’t work - and if you saw them you’d say they were just nutcases that didn’t want to work!

But it all just sticks around because of the internet and now it’s extra strong cell towers and wifi. Mind you - if there was a real issue lawyers would be bringing down the house (and making cash hand over fist as there’s no way to put the emf back in the bottle). But it’s just not there. There are studies, but so far they have never proven anything. Like literally proven nothing (and only serve to feed conspiracy theorists that want that to be true for some reason).

I happily wait to see more on this if there’s anything to it. I’d love to know. But so far the narrative is driven by people that think EMFs are inherently harmful (because that’s been a conspiracy theory since before I was born), and then they look for evidence that supports that on the internet - instead of people first looking at the evidence without bias to determine if EMFs are harmful. That’s not how you use evidence to find real answers. (And why most people that “do their own research” have no idea on how to do research.)

You know, rather than being a total asshh0le, you could have said "thanks" and moved on. What a dick

Don’t be so stupid and petty. I dont want or need a lecture from conspiracy theory nuts. If that includes you, add yourself to the list..

I have over 100 ft runs of cat5 cable under my house. Learn to terminate cat5 or cat6 cable ends so you can drill smaller holes.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT