ADVERTISEMENT

Aggie/Gamecocks thread

The only answer we had coming into the season was Doty, and he was considered probably the worse SEC starting QB.

So, what is the answer? What are the coach's options?
The answer is go out and get a competent transfer who wants to come in and possibly START FOR AN SEC TEAM. Lots of guys would love that.
Instead, Shane Beamer and his crack staff hand picked out of allll the transfer QB's....... Jason Brown. A player they will not even put on the field until everyone else is hurt or absolute trash.
Our coaches HAND PICKED TRANSFER. THE HAND PICKED POTENTIAL STARTER if Doty was not ready.
Shows you about their talent evaluation ability.... I am sure you agree.

Well, I don't disagree that it can't get worse. But Brown didn't look very good throwing 2 picks on 14 attempts against A&M's scrubs. There really are no answers I guess. I suppose let Brown and Colten split the snaps the rest of the way so they at least get game experience for next year.
Plus he won't burn a redshirt I think by now.

Well, I don't disagree that it can't get worse. But Brown didn't look very good throwing 2 picks on 14 attempts against A&M's scrubs. There really are no answers I guess. I suppose let Brown and Colten split the snaps the rest of the way so they at least get game experience for next year.

That first one wasn't on him.....White played tippie ball with it. The end zone one was a bad throw. He has ZERO experience....but he scrambled out like a real QB should, and ran to get first downs, not slide. A QB with legs is our only chance. He will make mistakes, but his legs are our only option so it can't be worse. And BTW, he's considered one of our scrubs so I'd say he did pretty well in this scenario.

That first one wasn't on him.....White played tippie ball with it. The end zone one was a bad throw. He has ZERO experience....but he scrambled out like a real QB should, and ran to get first downs, not slide. A QB with legs is our only chance. He will make mistakes, but his legs are our only option so it can't be worse. And BTW, he's considered one of our scrubs so I'd say he did pretty well in this scenario.
A mobile QB doesn't just have to gain yds with his feet; if he can also extend plays with his feet, long enough for someone to get open, that would help us tremendously. In my humble opinion. 🙂

Reactions: tngamecock#
I hear what you're saying but you have to see that QB isn't the real problem. No run game and no pass protection....what does that leave?
Impressive when Brown ran down a snap over his head and was able to throw it away. Looked more athletic than anything I saw from the QBs today. With the issues you mentioned, seems like a no brainer going forward with him team wise. Im not saying he's the answer, just the right fit. I dont get the hate.

Ok I should've said "becoming" instead of "being". I believe we are less competitive now than we were versus UK.

I wouldn't base a lot of that on TAMU. The light turned on for that QB against Bama, and he have been money since then. I think we just ran into a buzzsaw tonight.

Ehhh....threw it too far behind White. It wasn't a good pass.

Impressive when Brown ran down a snap over his head and was able to throw it away. Looked more athletic than anything I saw from the QBs today. With the issues you mentioned, seems like a no brainer going forward with him team wise. Im not saying he's the answer, just the right fit. I dont get the hate.

I agree. He looks like he could at least not sit back their and get killed by a pass rush all night.

Reactions: bucketdad
That INT wasn't on White! It was all Brown.....he threw the ball behind White which caused him to bobble the ball.

Brown should play going forward.
You do realize this is A&Ms 4th string, pump those brakes pumper…
I wouldn't base a lot of that on TAMU. The light turned on for that QB against Bama, and he have been money since then. I think we just ran into a buzzsaw tonight.
every team we play turns into a buzzsaw, you’re too blind to see why

Ehhh....threw it too far behind White. It wasn't a good pass.

I see that catch made 100 times each Saturday. White is one of the few true competitors on the team. The ball was a bit behind him, but him tipping it high in the air twice cause the INT. Otherwise, it's just an incomplete pass. Brown scrambled to buy time......these were his first real snaps tonight, I saw basically our only option and that's a QB who gets out of the pocket quick (to either run or buy time). He will make some bad plays, but his ability to run may help open up a few things. What do we really have to lose?

I don't hate Brown. I am just saying he isn't SEC talent. That isn't his fault....the coaches brought him in to this mess.

If Zeb can’t get anything going early they should give Brown a chance. No way should they start him though, the guy was playing against A&M’s scout team and he threw two interceptions.
He threw one that Vann made no attempt to catch OR to break up and another that White hot potatoed away. The main reason Noland didn’t or doesn’t throw picks is because he’s scared shiteless to throw the ball downfield.

If we want a chance at winning any of our remaining games, we’ll play Brown and you guys will just have to get over it. If you want to continue with the same screen/swing/punt crap we’ve been doing, then we won’t.

I see that catch made 100 times each Saturday. White is one of the few true competitors on the team. The ball was a bit behind him, but him tipping it high in the air twice cause the INT. Otherwise, it's just an incomplete pass. Brown scrambled to buy time......these were his first real snaps tonight, I saw basically our only option and that's a QB who gets out of the pocket quick (to either run or buy time). He will make some bad plays, but his ability to run may help open up a few things. What do we really have to lose?
Play him, we are at rock bottom so we don’t have anything to lose. Our problem isn’t just at QB, it’s much deeper than that.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That ball was further behind him than you are admitting. If it were on his hip, I'd agree but he was reaching a good bit back to attempt to catch that ball. He was trying to catch it with his fingertips while running away from the ball.

That INT wasn't on White! It was all Brown.....he threw the ball behind White which caused him to bobble the ball.

It was not a perfect throw, but other teams make that catch time after time. I wish it were a worse throw so it would have been just incomplete. Our receivers never bail a QB out anyway. Not bashing White.......he's one of the few on the team that appears to care about winning. He should start.

I've been calling Brown's name for weeks. You accept a Sr QB but won't play him???

Let the man start from now on. As most would agree this is a lot season anyway. I rather see him than ZEb or Doty go zip for 4 qtrs

Play him, we are at rock bottom so we don’t have anything to lose. Our problem isn’t just at QB, it’s much deeper than that.

Agreed. This is bad to the point that you throw anyone in, hoping they might make a difference.

I don't hate Brown. I am just saying he isn't SEC talent. That isn't his fault....the coaches brought him in to this mess.
I gotcha. Didnt mean to say you hated on him. Some of that here tho. Dont get that.

Actually, the oline is about as effective as the vaccine.

Keeps you from getting killed...maybe. That's about it.
You should do a little reading… it’s 93% effective at preventing death. If you’re under 50 years old, it’s 99.4% effective at preventing death. Meanwhile, it’s 100% safe. So enlighten us all, what good reason do you have to not take it?

That ball was further behind him than you are admitting. If it were on his hip, I'd agree but he was reaching a good bit back to attempt to catch that ball. He was trying to catch it with his fingertips while running away from the ball.
Nah, high school catch. That was on White.

He threw one that Vann made no attempt to catch OR to break up and another that White hot potatoed away. The main reason Noland didn’t or doesn’t throw picks is because he’s scared shiteless to throw the ball downfield.

If we want a chance at winning any of our remaining games, we’ll play Brown and you guys will just have to get over it. If you want to continue with the same screen/swing/punt crap we’ve been doing, then we won’t.
The ball was hot potatoed as you say because of the bad pass.....lol

You should do a little reading… it’s 93% effective at preventing death. If you’re under 50 years old, it’s 99.4% effective at preventing death. Meanwhile, it’s 100% safe. So enlighten us all, what good reason do you have to not take it?
Hey Fauci, f off, we are talking football and watching full stadiums of maskless people all while cases continue to plummet.

Who gives a F***!!!! Why do people like to keep debating the same stupid shit! If you are gonna do that make it about how bad USC football is right now! LOL

Hey Fauci, f off, we are talking football and watching full stadiums of maskless people all while cases continue to plummet.
41eNyH7jA4L._SX300_QL70_.jpg

Just like Towlie, worst character ever.

It's not a excuse to anybody with a brain. It's reality.

And I never said Beamer was a "wonder" coach. That's a lie. I just said that if we hire him, we gotta be fair to him and give him a chance.
Agree on the NIL issue. And Beamer will get at least 3 years, so I wouldn't debate the point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT