ADVERTISEMENT

Are you embarrassed sometimes...

I don’t have stickers on my car. I don’t fly car flags anytime. Hate them regardless of the team, etc including Gamecock ones. I even removed the dealer sticker from my automobiles. I think they make vehicles look cheap and trashy regardless of the type of vehicle. I like a clean look.

I wear my Gamecock hat and sweatshirt from time to time. Has nothing to do with anyone else. I wear what I like and find comfortable. Almost always I chose to wear my local high school’s sweatshirt where my kids go to school. It’s the most comfortable one I have.

To drive around with gamecock stickers/tags etc.. Or wearing gamecock gear? I must admit after the bowl I was very tempted to de-cock my truck.

Reactions: cocks rule
I don’t have stickers on my car. I don’t fly car flags anytime. Hate them regardless of the team, etc including Gamecock ones. I even removed the dealer sticker from my automobiles. I think they make vehicles look cheap and trashy regardless of the type of vehicle. I like a clean look.

I wear my Gamecock hat and sweatshirt from time to time. Has nothing to do with anyone else. I wear what I like and find comfortable. Almost always I chose to wear my local high school’s sweatshirt where my kids go to school. It’s the most comfortable one I have.
Wow! Nice to meet you Mr. My Opposite!!

=;-p

I feel sorry seeing older folks wearing gamecock clothing who have suffered their whole lives waiting for that special season to happen that never does and will probably never live long enough to ever see it.

Heck no.

We are still THE University of South Carolina. Let Clemson fans live vicariously through their football team. Most of them don't have anything else to live for, or any other outside interests (except for maybe cow tipping)

Just congratulate them, then ignore them, and move on with life.

I feel sorry seeing older folks wearing gamecock clothing who have suffered their whole lives waiting for that special season to happen that never does and will probably never live long enough to ever see it.

stay-classy-my-5b6e0f_zps8lrg7kry.jpg

Reactions: vehemon
I will always be and always Love my Gamecocks but yes I admit I get embarrassed by our sports teams quite a lot.

I live and work in downtown Greenville, SC. I wore a script Carolina pullover today, and under that I wore an UA Gamecock polo. So, no.

I admire Greenville Gamecocks. You guys remind me of the Greek Christians living in Constantinople when that great bastion of Christianity fell to the evil Turk ruler, Sulaman, and his Muslim hordes.

We wear it because we graduated from Carolina, and love our alma mater, just as we wear a class ring, not just because we are sports fans.
Being old does not make one naïve about Carolina's athletic prowess, rather the opposite.

I admire Greenville Gamecocks. You guys remind me of the Greek Christians living in Constantinople when that great bastion of Christianity fell to the evil Turk ruler, Sulaman, and his Muslim hordes.

I am back in the midlands now, but I spent 12 years in Greenville (Greer), and there are way more Gamecocks there than you think. Plus during our 5 streak it was pure joy.

Most of my wardrobe is Gamecock stuff and I know exactly who and what I am.

I even have some dress up Gamecock stuff for functions & trade shows etc.

I don’t miss a chance to rep My School when I travel out of town.

I’m never ever ashamed. Look at all we have survived and be Effn Proud!

Reactions: NetworkX
The older I get, the less I care about stuff like that. Spectators of other teams aren't really superior to spectators of lesser teams. They're just spectators. Are clemson grads somehow superior to Vandy grads or Princeton grads because they've won a national championship? Methinks not. But I did spend a couple days on facebook snoozing some people for a few weeks. And I hid some posts I just don't want to see until they thin out.

Never.....Not intimidated by the cult fans that support the team from Pickens county. They are a breed that contains a hostile inferiority complex in their DNA that is even exposed when they beat a team like Alabama.

The crew on WJOX's show the Roundtable was riding down the elevator from the press box at the game Monday night and said Clemson GAs started taunting them about the game in the elevator.

If seeing logos from other teams screws with their heads like that, we need to wear ours more, not less.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
I am back in the midlands now, but I spent 12 years in Greenville (Greer), and there are way more Gamecocks there than you think. Plus during our 5 streak it was pure joy.
Grew up in the Piedmont, in a small cotton mill town, and think I was the only Carolina fan in town because my big brother graduated from Carolina on a WWII military program scholarship, and at the age of six, I witnessed his graduation in his naval officer uniform in Columbia with my parents. He was the first one in my family to ever go to college, and I was forever a Gamecock as the result of that experience.
As I remember now the town lawyer...think there was only one in the town...was a Carolina law school grad. Maybe he was a Gamecock but I never met him. In fact, I never knew anybody who ever filed a lawsuit, or was sued for anything. Always wondered how he survived.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT