ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer Experiment is going no-where……

If you hire a better coach, why does it matter?
You can't know if it is a better coach until they are here and perform. If your school starts being seen as a revolving door for head coaches, the best coaches may choose another school, as they fear not having a fair chance here.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
You can't know if it is a better coach until they are here and perform. If your school starts being seen as a revolving door for head coaches, the best coaches may choose another school, as they fear not having a fair chance here.

Kinda like Yogi said: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded".

Holtz was feisty, Spurrier was sharp & nasty and Joe Morrison feared No Man!

'fear not having a fair chance here''??? Seriously, would you want a coach who even had that thought pass through his mind as a consideration? That's WUSSY THINKING! If a revolving door will keep away all the flies we have had recently, let me be the first to push.

It does look like the OC is a problem. While firing a head coach after two years once might not automatically give that bad reputation, if twice in a row would do so, then doing it now would mean if you really had a stinker of a coach as Beamer's replacement, you couldn't fire him without being seen as the revolving door. Much better to give Beamer through next year, as he is already doing better than Muschamp did.
Mushcmap was 15-11 8-8 in sec his first 2 years.
Beamer is 13-10 6-9 in sec so far in 2 years.

He (Beamer)is actually doing a lot worse, unless he can somehow pull of huge upsets these next two weeks.
The worse thing about Beamer isn't even his record, it's how he carries himself.

True. However, hasn't national sentiment been this way concerning USC for a long time? "Where coaches go to die" was a phrase coined before Holtz's arrival.

There was an article posted a few years ago with some of the biggest coaches in the game (Saban, Meyer) stating that if a coach isn't showing his worth within 2-3 years of arrival, then you should consider moving on....Basically knocking the myth that they need 4+ years to bring in "their guys."

As of today, outside of special teams, this team looks very much like Muschamp teams and stats back that up. Long how do you give Beamer to succeed from this point if we do lose to UT and CU to finish off the regular season?

Reactions: Ward Jr
True. However, hasn't national sentiment been this way concerning USC for a long time? "Where coaches go to die" was a phrase coined before Holtz's arrival.

How long do you give Beamer to succeed from this point if we do lose to UT and CU to finish off the regular season?
That sentiment makes it even more critical to publicly treat your coaches fairly and give them a full chance to succeed, not fire them during their 2nd season. If you already have an iffy reputation, don't make it worse. If you ask me how long, then I would say near the end of season three if still dissatisfied.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
That sentiment makes it even more critical to publicly treat your coaches fairly and give them a full chance to succeed, not fire them during their 2nd season. If you already have an iffy reputation, don't make it worse. If you ask me how long, then I would say near the end of season three if still dissatisfied.
Agree. I think he deserves three years to prove value.

What about offensive moves this offseason if we lose the last two? Do you believe the USC AD/brass should force his hand (if he waffles) on Satterfield given that we currently rank #95 out of 130 teams in that catagory - second to only Vandy in the SEC basement? And if he doesn't want to go that route, would it alter your decision?

With this logic, how do you know firing a coach after two years will hurt you until you do it?

You're making a lot of assumptions that things will always fall your way.

Kinda like Yogi said: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded".

Holtz was feisty, Spurrier was sharp & nasty and Joe Morrison feared No Man!

'fear not having a fair chance here''??? Seriously, would you want a coach who even had that thought pass through his mind as a consideration? That's WUSSY THINKING! If a revolving door will keep away all the flies we have had recently, let me be the first to push.
I've always kinda felt that way when it comes to hiring a coach. You want the coach that wants to be here regardless of what has happened in the past. In fact the best hire imo is the coach who wants to be here after others have failed miserably or success has been hard to come by. That's the guy I want... a guy confident enough in his system and what he does that nothing else matters... a guy up for a challenge to both himself and his system.

What Beamer needs to do, (since he didnt come with a system) is at least hire an OC that has one. A proven one if he wants to be here more than another year.

With this logic, how do you know firing a coach after two years will hurt you until you do it?

You're making a lot of assumptions that things will always fall your way.
I am just assuming potential head coaches will act in their own best interests.

Agree. I think he deserves three years to prove value.

What about offensive moves this offseason if we lose the last two? Do you believe the USC AD/brass should force his hand (if he waffles) on Satterfield given that we currently rank #95 out of 130 teams in that catagory - second to only Vandy in the SEC basement? And if he doesn't want to go that route, would it alter your decision?
I would hope whatever the "brass" do, they do it quietly and in secret, so that the head coach can look strong as if making the decision on his own to replace the OC.

Welp, this aged well.
I started this post and still stand by it if they lay an egg Saturday. Yes that was an awesome performance against Tenn, but they will have to follow that up with a similar performance against Clems' Son to prove this program is making marked improvement. if not then Satarday was some kind of weird anomaly where all the football stars aligned for three hours. If you cant judge the program by the Florida performance, then you also cant judge by the Tenn game only. (Hoping like the rest of you that the team we saw Saturday night shows up in Clem.)
Remember even Muschamp had a huge win against Georgia, but it didn't translate to future success.

I started this post and still stand by it if they lay an egg Saturday. Yes that was an awesome performance against Tenn, but they will have to follow that up with a similar performance against Clems' Son to prove this program is making marked improvement. if not then Satarday was some kind of weird anomaly where all the football stars aligned for three hours. If you cant judge the program by the Florida performance, then you also cant judge by the Tenn game only. (Hoping like the rest of you that the team we saw Saturday night shows up in Clem.)
Remember even Muschamp had a huge win against Georgia, but it didn't translate to future success.
Chump caught Georgia in a trap game and squeaked out a victory because of a missed FG. We just beat the Brakes off a Tenn team with no excuses. Everything was still on the table for them.
Give some credit where it’s due. Agreed. We need to be more consistent. But for goodness sakes, enjoy the win!

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
Beamer has already failed. He is not a SEC head coach and never will be. He has had a chance and now it is just a matter of time until he is fired. The only question left is how much more damage will he be allopwed to do before he is fired.
You my friend are a trailer park leager in Clemson. Beamer is not going anywhere bring your sorry ass to the SEC weekend and week out instead of the trailer park league you play in. Go back to that hole called Clemson you hillrunner, graveyard player, rock rubber and bus rider as well.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
You my friend are a trailer park leager in Clemson. Beamer is not going anywhere bring your sorry ass to the SEC weekend and week out instead of the trailer park league you play in. Go back to that hole called Clemson you hillrunner, graveyard player, rock rubber and bus rider as well.

I thought he was a Tennessee fan? Not that it would change the message much.

Reactions: bucketdad
Orange dog is Rocky Top. But he has absconded for parts unknown and if he ever comes out of hiding it will probably be under a different moniker.

They just need to be competitive, not even win. Clemson has better personnel than us, anyone who thinks otherwise is a great fan but just inaccurate. But not so much better that we shouldnt be competitive. If we lose like 34-24, within 10 points and it looks competitive, then that’s still positive progress

They just need to be competitive, not even win. Clemson has better personnel than us, anyone who thinks otherwise is a great fan but just inaccurate. But not so much better that we shouldnt be competitive. If we lose like 34-24, within 10 points and it looks competitive, then that’s still positive progress
Now that's how you set the bar low enough to never be disappointed.

Win or lose we need to make a strong competitive showing. Get blown out and the win against UcheaT will be regarded as a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten. Unfortunately, history says we crap the bed here and play flat. Consistency hasn't been the hallmark of Beamer so far.

Get blown out and the win against UcheaT will be regarded as a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten.

I disagree. Watch Satterfield get retained and the "...but the UT game..." mantra will be repeated all off-season and when the offense struggles next year.

Unless you meant by normal fans. Then yeah, we could lose all momentum of that UT game real fast.

Reactions: uscwatson21
lol "in mathematical terms" No one is going to take you seriously when you're actively trying to distort the situation.

P.S. even if we follow this nonsensical approach, the mood around here would be a lot different is Beamer won his division in year two like Dabo did.
Anytime you want to match wits let me know. Feel free to not count his first year. I guess you were behind him his 7-6 year just knowing he would turn it around. And winning a division in the ACC means he beat out the other 4 loss teams. So was that his second or first year in your tater reality?

Last edited:
Anytime you want to match wits let me know. Feel free to not count his first year. I guess you were behind him his 7-6 year just knowing he would turn it around. And winning a division in the ACC means he beat out the other 4 loss teams. So was that his second or first year in your tater reality?

lol calling me a “tater” just shows you don’t have the wits to have this discussion.

Mushcmap was 15-11 8-8 in sec his first 2 years.
Beamer is 13-10 6-9 in sec so far in 2 years.

He (Beamer)is actually doing a lot worse, unless he can somehow pull of huge upsets these next two weeks.
The worse thing about Beamer isn't even his record, it's how he carries himself.
He’s 14-10 now. You don’t carry yourself so well either 🥱

lol calling me a “tater” just shows you don’t have the wits to have this discussion.
Your post history tells your story. Been talking about Beamer not being the guy and might as well change coaches now for a while now. I believe your rationale was we will have to look at firing him and Satterfield next year so why not pull the plug this year. I will be glad to link your post for you, But Oh, you bleed garnet, lifeling fan, yada yada yada I’m sure.

Random post much? ”Boy”……lol. Maybe he can bring you in to teach inspirational thoughts.
I only remember your sn on here b/c you're such a little bitch. You cry about the refs in every game thread. This weekend you will be doing it again, even though it will be SEC officials.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Your post history tells your story. Been talking about Beamer not being the guy and might as well change coaches now for a while now. I believe your rationale was we will have to look at firing him and Satterfield next year so why not pull the plug this year. I will be glad to link your post for you, But Oh, you bleed garnet, lifeling fan, yada yada yada I’m sure.

I’ll never understand the rationale of fans like yourself having more support for Beamer than the actual university.

Coach worshipers and sunshine pumpers have always been an issue.
Certainly there are those too optimistic, but it is just as much a problem those that can't handle the slightest adversity and want to change coaches every other game. Right now, it is like you are in denial that SC just beat a team everyone though was headed to the college playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT