ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer top candidate at Oklahoma.

I don’t see Venables leaving. He’s had his chances and turned them down.

His current gig is pretty sweet, $2 million/year and not deal with the headaches and responsibility of a HBC.

Per SportsLine, Vegas odds on the next Oklahoma head football coach:

• Brent Venables +400
  • Lane Kiffin +500
  • Mark Stoops +500
  • Matt Campbell +600
  • Luke Fickell +700
  • Jay Norvell +800
  • Bob Stoops +900
  • Josh Heupel +1000
  • Shane Beamer +1100
  • Mario Cristobal +1500
  • Dave Aranda +1500
  • Kliff Kingsbury +2000
Didn't Venables' kid want to play somewhere else his last season? I think I read that somewhere. If his kids are finishing up school and moving on he might not desire the stability that kept him at Clemson so long.

Per SportsLine, Vegas odds on the next Oklahoma head football coach:

• Brent Venables +400
  • Lane Kiffin +500
  • Mark Stoops +500
  • Matt Campbell +600
  • Luke Fickell +700
  • Jay Norvell +800
  • Bob Stoops +900
  • Josh Heupel +1000
  • Shane Beamer +1100
  • Mario Cristobal +1500
  • Dave Aranda +1500
  • Kliff Kingsbury +2000
Is that in ascending or descending order of likelihood. I don't read gamblereze.

I lived in OK for 4 years. It’s a solid place with great people but growing up on the east coast it just doesn’t compare. OU fans are in for a dose of reality, they will lose a lot in the SEC. Move for Beamer doesn’t make sense in my mind.

Please let them hire Venebals. I would be very surprised if they hired him or Beamer though. Heading to the SEC shortly, you would think they would want someone proven as a head coach, neither fits the bill there. Though, you never know with these AD's.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I wouldn't think Ok would consider a HC with one year under his belt at SC with a 6 win record. Now, in a few years if Beamer turns THIS program around everyone would be after him. It would be Ray and the BOT’s job to keep a successful regime and maintain the success after that coach is gone. Tanner already fumbled with that. To date those guys get a no confidence vote in my book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cola G'Cock
Please let them hire Venebals. I would be very surprised if they hired him or Beamer though. Heading to the SEC shortly, you would think they would want someone proven as a head coach, neither fits the bill there. Though, you never know with these AD's.
Yeah, they struck out hard the last time they went out on a limb and hired a first time head coach.

If anyone thinks Beamer is not going to talk to OU, they’re being naive. The fact that he HAS to win there will probably keep him here.

And if Shane shows the slightest interest (even in just talking to OK), he loses a lot of credibility with some of the things he said when hired. Just saying.
It would be disrespectful to the people he worked with just last year to not hear them out, that's not how the fans would see it but it would be a courteous and professional thing to let them shoot their shot even if it's just to see some familiar faces and politely tell them no at the end.

Take it for what it's worth, this is with a 30 second internet search but corroborates everything else I've heard and read.. he had an affair with a prominent donors daughter and supposedly multiple students while an assistant there. It was all over the place when Snyder was retiring.

Yeah....prominent donor is putting it lightly. Reports are they are by far the largest donors to the university and the athletic program....the type who pick who the AD is. An example of their benevolence:

Until today I didn't realize just how many dumbass fans we have on this board. So many talking shit about Shane becoming our head coach and the guy was a serious candidate for a storied program like Oklahoma. Now I hope the idiots here will shut the hell up about the quality of Shane Beamer.

Until today I didn't realize just how many dumbass fans we have on this board. So many talking shit about Shane becoming our head coach and the guy was a serious candidate for a storied program like Oklahoma. Now I hope the idiots here will shut the hell up about the quality of Shane Beamer.
We just got embarrassed by Clemson again thanks to Beamer.

Reactions: PC31

Was he really a serious candidate?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That was a reporter's opinion. It was his own little list. I promise you they are not even remotely considering Beamer. Our fans are so gullible...

Reactions: PC31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT