ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer top candidate at Oklahoma.

What would be funny is that, if he actually left for Oklahoma, the posters that were belly aching about him all year will be outraged that Tanner let him go. But there is so much more upside here for him than in Oklahoma. Their fans will actually expect them to win the West every year. Here, averaging 9 wins in the East would get you life tenure. At the same time, however, we could never match them in pay. Oklahoma already is rich. When they start getting SEC distributions, it will be insane what they can spend.
Unfortunately we could never live this hypothetical because he will never be a serious candidate at Oklahoma.

With respect to the material sited in Post #117, with the Big 12 now having it's membership ducks in a row, that league will be as eager to get Texas and OU out as it will be to get the new members in and playing. I think a negotiated financial settlement is now more likely than it was a few months back.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Tater alert

Putting on a public forum removes the “between you and I” eliminates the double secret probation initiative.
Why exactly does what I said make me a tater. You wouldn’t want the BOT to put offer and potential offer he got, if he was competing for the East?

I mean this one is obvious right, we all agree this guy is a Clemson fan right?
Don’t you think if we can compete for the East we can beat Clemson? With that said why would any Clemson fan want USC’s bot to keep a coach that was capable of beating them? Interesting……..

to believe OU is broke is laughable. I despise them, but they have money we can’t even think about. Think about what Oklahoma’s biggest industry is and a lot that backs OU. Oil money is insane.
Their boosters have tons of it, the university however is in serious financial trouble. Look it up for yourself, it's not hard to find.

• Haha
Don’t you think if we can compete for the East we can beat Clemson? With that said why would any Clemson fan want USC’s bot to keep a coach that was capable of beating them? Interesting……..
That's the point, you don't actually think Beamer can beat Clemson.

Their boosters have tons of it, the university however is in serious financial trouble. Look it up for yourself, it's not hard to find.
I’ve been on their campus multiple times and a game in the last couple of years.

They are similar to Clemson in that they put all money into football. They could use new facilities for other sports, but they are fine, promise.

That's the point, you don't actually think Beamer can beat Clemson.
Are you kidding me man, I’m saying the opposite. Your reading comprehension sucks.

I’ll go back and spell it out for you. The poster first gave the pretense that Beamer would flee in 4-5 years if USC were to be successful. I take that as competing with the East meaning beating Georgia. That means Beamer would have us on an elite level competing and beating Clemson, Georgia, Alabama etc.

He then stated that it would be up to ray tanner and the bot to build on what Beamer started. I said no it would be up to the BOt to keep the coach that got us to an elite level by paying him to stay. Whatever that number is.

So please tell me how that makes me a tater which you have yet to explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Are you kidding me man, I’m saying the opposite. Your reading comprehension sucks.

I’ll go back and spell it out for you. The poster first gave the pretense that Beamer would flee in 4-5 years it USC were to be successful. I take that as competing with the East meaning bearing Georgia. That means Beamer would have us on an elite level competing and beating Clemson, Georgia, Alabama etc.

He then stated that it would be up to ray tanner and the bot to build on what Beamer started. I said no it would be up to the BOt to keep the coach that got us to an elite level by paying him to stay. Whatever that number is.

So please tell me how that makes me a tater which you have yet to explain.
He can't. It's a default they go to when you're right about something. It's pathetic and makes them look even more ignorant.

Jesus Christ people, here is the university themselves telling you they are in serious debt...
Here's the difference. Oklahoma has over 2 billion in an endowment. Their rating by Fitch was dropped recently and they do have 1 billion in debt. We have over 600 million of debt and an endowment of 750 million give or take. Which school could survive after the debt was paid? Its simple math.

Here's the difference. Oklahoma has over 2 billion in an endowment. Their rating by Fitch was dropped recently and they do have 1 billion in debt. We have over 600 million of debt and an endowment of 750 million give or take. Which school could survive after the debt was paid? Its simple math.
Could? No hypotheticals please. Just cold hard math.

May be true but laughable.
And why is it laughable? Do you even realize how many 4 and 5 star recruits Beamer brought to OU as lead recruiter? Why do you think he was a candidate, because OU is stupid? You don't get to where Oklahoma is in the pantheon of major college football by being stupid.

Reactions: caughtlookin
You literally posted an USA Today article that was literally nothing but could. I post facts with a question. Nice ducking lol Its been great. Have a good one up there in BHP land and tell the Shedd boys I said Hi .
So first you question a reporter at 247 and now USA Today is full of shit?!?!? And you are????

And why is it laughable? Do you even realize how many 4 and 5 star recruits Beamer brought to OU as lead recruiter? Why do you think he was a candidate, because OU is stupid? You don't get to where Oklahoma is in the pantheon of major college football by being stupid.
I guess that head coach heading to USC had nothing to do with that and Okla. tradition had nothing to do with that. Beamer deserves some credit but look where he was recruiting to.

I guess that head coach heading to USC had nothing to do with that and Okla. tradition had nothing to do with that. Beamer deserves some credit but look where he was recruiting to.
Doesn't change the fact he landed them. It's not like the recruits he brought in weren't recruited by other major programs too.

Doesn't change the fact he landed them. It's not like the recruits he brought in weren't recruited by other major programs too.
Don't think anyone doubts that Beamer is a good, if not great, recruiter. He definitely has the personality for it. Just that it is more difficult at some schools to get the "cream of the crop" recruits than it is at others. He will do fine at recruiting for us...as long as his staff is equally capable.

Don't think anyone doubts that Beamer is a good, if not great, recruiter. He definitely has the personality for it. Just that it is more difficult at some schools to get the "cream of the crop" recruits than it is at others. He will do fine at recruiting for us...as long as his staff is equally capable.
I agree.

Reactions: rogue cock

I would agree, but add the difference in head coach too.

I would think it's a bit easier to recruit for Steve spurrier than for a first year head coach.

Yes because Oklahoma pays top dollar for assistants that recruit but can't close the deal. Are you serious? There is a reason Beamer was the assistant head coach to Riley.

Yes because Oklahoma pays top dollar for assistants that recruit but can't close the deal. Are you serious? There is a reason Beamer was the assistant head coach to Riley.
Great, maybe if we are lucky Beamer will be their next Head Coach. Do you really believe Okla. is seriously considering Beamer for a Head Coach? I'm sure anyone recently connected to the program will get honorable mention, Beamer included, but really?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT