ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer top candidate at Oklahoma.

Great, maybe if we are lucky Beamer will be their next Head Coach. Do you really believe Okla. is seriously considering Beamer for a Head Coach? I'm sure anyone recently connected to the program will get honorable mention, Beamer included, but really?
Look back at the thread and read the link I posted. Baffles me that someone will argue till they are blue in the face but have nothing to back it up. SMH.

My point still stands.....Gamecock fans should be doing nothing to give this ridiculous non-rumor oxygen as it will only damage any recruiting momentum Beamer has established.
Clemson and South Carolina aren't recruiting the same athletes. The only one they have in common at this time, is Williams from Dutch Fork. And, he is NOT going to Clemson. Might not come here either, but it will be due to our putrid offense, not some rumor regarding a possible HC change.

Reactions: Pauliecock
Sure, I had no expectations of Beamer. He got us to 6 wins. Does that make him the right guy. Maybe, we will just have to wait and see. What did Muschamp do his first season?
Valid point. You have an open mind nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: atl-cock
I would agree, but add the difference in head coach too.

I would think it's a bit easier to recruit for Steve spurrier than for a first year head coach.
He's definitely not going to hit the ground running at full speed....it will be a process. As long as he shows improvement from year to year with no major stumbles, his recruiting will improve. He seems to love it and is good at it.

Honestly he’d be a fool not to. More money and a tailor made team that he doesn’t have to completely re-haul as well as a notional brand he doesn’t have to build but just maintain.
Provided he hires a proven, successful, innovative OC.

Look back at the thread and read the link I posted. Baffles me that someone will argue till they are blue in the face but have nothing to back it up. SMH.
Jack, sure he's going to get mentioned. Beamer's already shut down the Tech job rumors. So I guess you don't believe what Beamer said when asked about the VTech job? Why would anyone truely consider Beamer after that speech?

Provided he hires a proven, successful, innovative OC.
The chances of that happening are between slim and none. Didn't happen for Dabo, won't happen here. A young, Innovative OC, that isnt well known or an experienced rehabbing former OC are probably your choices.

Jack, sure he's going to get mentioned. Beamer's already shut down the Tech job rumors. So I guess you don't believe what Beamer said when asked about the VTech job? Why would anyone truely consider Beamer after that speech?
He's not going to be mentioned as a candidate if he's not. It's Oklahoma, they are not messing around with this hire. I never said he was going to be the pick at OU, I said he is a serious candidate, then posted a story from a reputable source backing up my claim. Yet here I am still listening to everyone's reason why not. It's laughable.

He's not going to be mentioned as a candidate if he's not. It's Oklahoma, they are not messing around with this hire. I never said he was going to be the pick at OU, I said he is a serious candidate, then posted a story from a reputable source backing up my claim. Yet here I am still listening to everyone's reason why not. It's laughable.
Okay Jack, you win. I know you are worried he may leave since he's a serious candidate for the job but try to relax, I don't think he's going anywhere if that helps.

Here is a USA Today Texas page......
Doesn't prove crap. The most important statement in the article is below:

Even if the LHN money does not come through, Texas and Oklahoma will find a way to pay the absurd buyout to the Big 12. There have been reports stating 2022 is when the transition is expected to take place. If Tom Herman can get bought out in the midst of a pandemic, money will be fronted for another big-money move.

• Haha
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
The word around the #Sooners building is that it’s “virtually a done deal” between Brent Venables and #Oklahoma. Venables is expected to take over as head coach and is likely to target #OleMiss OC Jeff Lebby to call his offense.

He hand picked the staff he has at Carolina. Why wouldn't he just take them with him?
If you think the staff here was hand-picked then I have some land to sell you. He did a decent job with the personalities he wanted, the time he had, and the location he was picking coaches to come to for a new job. His new hires will be more about chemistry than just getting a "big" name.

Oh my bad..... I thought he picked his assistant coaches.
So who picked them?

Doesn't prove crap. The most important statement in the article is below:

Even if the LHN money does not come through, Texas and Oklahoma will find a way to pay the absurd buyout to the Big 12. There have been reports stating 2022 is when the transition is expected to take place. If Tom Herman can get bought out in the midst of a pandemic, money will be fronted for another big-money move.
Ok post a link to corroborate your denial or is it just your opinion which is worth far less than a verifiable link. I'll wait.

I like Beamer, and don’t believe that he’s at the top of OU’s list.

However...if he left for OU, I’d take the buyout money from OU, add to it, and make Deion Sanders an offer he couldn’t refuse.
I hadn't thought about it (and I know some will scoff at it), but that's actually not a horrible idea. It would definitely generate a LOT of buzz as well as disrupt the "natural" order of things in the SEC.

Oh my bad..... I thought he picked his assistant coaches.
So who picked them?
The term "hand-picked" implies he was able to freely choose from whomever he wanted. That's like saying I hand-picked spam over a rotten egg for dinner and implying I chose spam over filet mignon.

He didn't. Your word choice was intentional to degrade the hires when you know he could not just pick whomever he wanted.

Reactions: vacock#
And why is it laughable? Do you even realize how many 4 and 5 star recruits Beamer brought to OU as lead recruiter? Why do you think he was a candidate, because OU is stupid? You don't get to where Oklahoma is in the pantheon of major college football by being stupid.
Yes. I do know how many 4 and 5 star recruits Beamer brought to OU. And, Beamer was not even close to being one of the best recruiters on the staff during his time at OU. Actually, came in 9th out of the 10 assistants. Every one of the assistants landed more 4 and 5* recruits than Beamer.

For the 2020 class, he was the Secondary (Not Primary) Recruiter of Record for 4* OT, Anton Harrison out of Maryland. Harrison is the starter at LT according to the latest depth chart.
For the 2020 class, he was the Secondary (Not Primary) Recruiter of Record for 4* OT, Aaron Parks out of the DC area. Parks is no where to be found on the 3 deep.

For the 2021 class, he was the Primary Recruiter of Record for 5* QB, Caleb Williams out of the DC area. Williams was the #1 QB in the 2021 class and replaced Spencer Rattler. Whether he remains at OU after the departure of Lincoln Riley is still to be determined. There is little doubt that I could have recruited Williams to OU by selling in on 3 simple facts:
1. He would be playing in a Lincoln Riley offense.
2. Two out of the last 4 Heisman Trophy winners played QB at OU.
3. He would most likely be competing for a spot in the CFP every year.

Yes. I do know how many 4 and 5 star recruits Beamer brought to OU. And, Beamer was not even close to being one of the best recruiters on the staff during his time at OU. Actually, came in 9th out of the 10 assistants. Every one of the assistants landed more 4 and 5* recruits than Beamer.

For the 2020 class, he was the Secondary (Not Primary) Recruiter of Record for 4* OT, Anton Harrison out of Maryland. Harrison is the starter at LT according to the latest depth chart.
For the 2020 class, he was the Secondary (Not Primary) Recruiter of Record for 4* OT, Aaron Parks out of the DC area. Parks is no where to be found on the 3 deep.

For the 2021 class, he was the Primary Recruiter of Record for 5* QB, Caleb Williams out of the DC area. Williams was the #1 QB in the 2021 class and replaced Spencer Rattler. Whether he remains at OU after the departure of Lincoln Riley is still to be determined. There is little doubt that I could have recruited Williams to OU by selling in on 3 simple facts:
1. He would be playing in a Lincoln Riley offense.
2. Two out of the last 4 Heisman Trophy winners played QB at OU.
3. He would most likely be competing for a spot in the CFP every year.
You could recruit for Oklahoma?!? Now I've heard it all. Lol.

That has to be a joke.
It is. Did anyone catch the first five minutes of our Clemson game? I seriously don't think I've seen a HS coached game where you see a 12 man illegal sub and then TO before a punt on the first drive. I think it's the normal Beamer pushers that will be gone from this board and program in 2-3 years that are making more of this lunacy up...a la the 'VT opening interest' that we heard about the last two weeks.
FYI - no legit program wants him. Those who make up these ridiculous rumors aren't fooling the rest of the world into him being a sought after HC. He wasn't this time a year ago, and he has done nothing to improve his status THUS far....unfortunately.

Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman said "if Shane Beamer were still an assistant at OU he would have already been named the OU head coach as soon a Riley announced he was leaving.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Oklahoma doesn’t just hand the keys over to anyone. They’ve only had, what, 2 coaches in 21/22 years? Texas has had 4 or 5 since then.
LMAO....yes. They've been on the Air Raid train for literally over 20 years. The state of Oklahoma would implode within the first month of next year's football season if SB was hired as HC and brought his TE-inspired offense to town after 20 years of great offense. Man...they would have to film that documentary style....would be the most entertaining thing ever produced for TV.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It is. Did anyone catch the first five minutes of our Clemson game? I seriously don't think I've seen a HS coached game where you see a 12 man illegal sub and then TO before a punt on the first drive. I think it's the normal Beamer pushers that will be gone from this board and program in 2-3 years that are making more of this lunacy up...a la the 'VT opening interest' that we heard about the last two weeks.
FYI - no legit program wants him. Those who make up these ridiculous rumors aren't fooling the rest of the world into him being a sought after HC. He wasn't this time a year ago, and he has done nothing to improve his status THUS far....unfortunately.
We used gasoline to immolate all three of our second half timeouts also. We burned them to cinders.😵

LMAO....yes. They've been on the Air Raid train for literally over 20 years. The state of Oklahoma would implode within the first month of next year's football season if SB was hired as HC and brought his TE-inspired offense to town after 20 years of great offense. Man...they would have to film that documentary style....would be the most entertaining thing ever produced for TV.
They won't listen. They would burn Norman to the ground if they hired Beamer. Heads would roll.

Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman said "if Shane Beamer were still an assistant at OU he would have already been named the OU head coach as soon a Riley announced he was leaving.
Yep. IF Beamer were still an assistant at OU....

But, now that they have tape on him as a HC, well that sort of changes their way of thinking.

He (Beamer) would leave tomorrow if they offered him the job.
I disagree. He is effectively 'home' with his dream job making good money turning a program around and creating the opportunity to make more, much more. Even 'blueblood' job offers are not always tempting, but they are bargaining chips to get the things you need to win and become one of the big boys.

Coach Beamer doesn't want to coach at Oklahoma, he wants to beat them, Clemson, Alabama, and you know the others.

Reactions: WingchunCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT