ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer top candidate at Oklahoma.

Not him, but I'd still seriously question it. Anonymous sources cited by a reporter bug me.

I could easily see a token mention, but, jmho, OU wouldn't seriously consider him.
I can appreciate that you don't think so but that's not what is being put out there.

I wouldn't think Ok would consider a HC with one year under his belt at SC with a 6 win record. Now, in a few years if Beamer turns THIS program around everyone would be after him. It would be Ray and the BOT’s job to keep a successful regime and maintain the success after that coach is gone. Tanner already fumbled with that. To date those guys get a no confidence vote in my book.
That’s where you and I disagree. It would be up to ray and the BoTS to spend the money that everyone else is spending and keep him here. To hell with letting him go. That would not surprise me with the past experiences but it would most defiantly prove they don’t give a crap. Especially if he has USC even competing with a GA caliber team. Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, Ohio state etc

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Until today I didn't realize just how many dumbass fans we have on this board. So many talking shit about Shane becoming our head coach and the guy was a serious candidate for a storied program like Oklahoma. Now I hope the idiots here will shut the hell up about the quality of Shane Beamer.
That will happen when events compel it.

What about now big guy?
I tell you what...Im willing to put my money where my mouth is. You? This started by a reporter out there who said Venables and Beamer would be his choices. No one at OU has any interest in a candidate like Beamer. If you lived out there you would see just how different it is. They literally live football. We just participate.

I tell you what...Im willing to put my money where my mouth is. You? This started by a reporter out there who said Venables and Beamer would be his choices. No one at OU has any interest in a candidate like Beamer. If you lived out there you would see just how different it is. They literally live football. We just participate.
Has nothing to do with money between you and I. You are some Dave/Steve/Stan on a message board with zero credentials but we are supposed to believe you over a reporter at very respected site? Gimme a break.

Laughing emojis are all you have. Until you can produce something to refute what is in the media, piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well, the guy whose tweet you embedded described him as "a prime candidate". The OP said "Top Candidate". It is that distinction I was questioning.
If you are having to resort to semantics to bolster a non existent argument then I feel like I'm on terra firma here on my side of the fence.

Has nothing to do with money between you and I. You are some Dave/Steve/Stan on a message board with zero credentials but we are supposed to believe you over a reporter at very respected site? Gimme a break.
Use your damn head man. Seriously? A school like Oklahoma can almost pick any coach. Riley is literally their first coach to leave since like WW2. You wonder why Oklahoma is in my name...?

Reactions: Lakecock1
Use your damn head man. Seriously? A school like Oklahoma can almost pick any coach. Riley is literally their first coach to leave since like WW2. You wonder why Oklahoma is in my name...?
I never said Shane is the pick however he definitely was/is a serious candidate. Sorry this bothers you.

What would be funny is that, if he actually left for Oklahoma, the posters that were belly aching about him all year will be outraged that Tanner let him go. But there is so much more upside here for him than in Oklahoma. Their fans will actually expect them to win the West every year. Here, averaging 9 wins in the East would get you life tenure. At the same time, however, we could never match them in pay. Oklahoma already is rich. When they start getting SEC distributions, it will be insane what they can spend.

Have not read the thread so that said.......
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OKLAHOMA........pull the trigger. No chance we match your huge offer.
My guess/fear is there is no offer to match.

What would be funny is that, if he actually left for Oklahoma, the posters that were belly aching about him all year will be outraged that Tanner let him go. But there is so much more upside here for him than in Oklahoma. Their fans will actually expect them to win the West every year. Here, averaging 9 wins in the East would get you life tenure. At the same time, however, we could never match them in pay. Oklahoma already is rich. When they start getting SEC distributions, it will be insane what they can spend.
OU is in serious financial trouble with debt. COVID has hurt them more than most. So much so that Texas is paying their way into the SEC.

Have not read the thread so that said.......
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OKLAHOMA........pull the trigger. No chance we match your huge offer.
My guess/fear is there is no offer to match.
Wow, two boards with this stupidity.

If you are having to resort to semantics to bolster a non existent argument then I feel like I'm on terra firma here on my side of the fence.
Bo, you don't have any ax to grind with me or wheel to grind it on. You're a whole lot more invested in uplifting Shane than I am in undermining him. I think he's a good boy. Watching all this speculating and urine-slinging is highly entertaining on a cool, dark autumn evening.

Bo, you don't have any ax to grind with me or wheel to grind it on. You're a whole lot more invested in uplifting Shane than I am in undermining him. I think he's a good boy. Watching all this speculating and urine-slinging is highly entertaining on a cool, dark autumn evening.
Not such much invested but more defending him from a plethora of mouth breathing ignorance.

I never said Shane is the pick however he definitely was/is a serious candidate. Sorry this bothers you.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't think losing Shane would help or hurt us. If he doesn't can Satterfield I expect us to win no more than 5 next year.

As for your debt picture of Oklahoma I don't think you understand how much money is there. They have boosters we could only dream of. Lets just say they can just about pay what they want. Riley didn't even let them match it. They have around 2 billion in an endowment and just finished their best year ever in fund raising. Our endowment is around 700 million. We are a very poor school compared to most. Thats why our treatment of Moore just blew my mind.

And I brought up endowment to just show how much money their boosters have.

By the way where are you getting thst Texas is paying Oklahoma's way to the SEC?

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't think losing Shane would help or hurt us. If he doesn't can Satterfield I expect us to win no more than 5 next year.

As for your debt picture of Oklahoma I don't think you understand how much money is there. They have boosters we could only dream of. Lets just say they can just about pay what they want. Riley didn't even let them match it. They have around 2 billion in an endowment and just finished their best year ever in fund raising. Our endowment is around 700 million. We are a very poor school compared to most. Thats why our treatment of Moore just blew my mind.
Yeah, and that other woman we alienated the other week. That's how you catch up.😁

And I brought up endowment to just show how much money their boosters have.
I agree they have a big booster organization that is highly influential but still doesn't change the fact that the university is millions in the hole. Why do you think Oklahoma didn't match Socal's offer for Riley? I'll tell you why, it wasn't because OU's boosters couldn't match Socal, it's because how is that gonna look that the boosters would shell out the money to keep Riley but not support the institution who is in dark financial times? Optics matter.

Nothing more than OK buddies helping Beamer get more money here. I hate this game they play. ADs need to grow a pair when it comes to this crap because they havent and look where we are now.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Sucks that Clemson's DC has a better chance than our head coach. Maybe Beamer overachieved this year too early. Would suck to see him leave for Oklahoma.

Doesn't really suck if you listened to the guy he actually said if Beamer was still on staff he is likely to already been named head coach.

Reactions: Lakecock1
That’s where you and I disagree. It would be up to ray and the BoTS to spend the money that everyone else is spending and keep him here. To hell with letting him go. That would not surprise me with the past experiences but it would most defiantly prove they don’t give a crap. Especially if he has USC even competing with a GA caliber team. Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, Ohio state etc
Tater alert
Putting on a public forum removes the “between you and I” eliminates the double secret probation initiative.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Nothing more than OK buddies helping Beamer get more money here. I hate this game they play. ADs need to grow a pair when it comes to this crap because they havent and look where we are now.
Gotta admit this was one of my first thoughts, too. Beamer's got a helluva agent to get his name floated for one of those most prestigious jobs in the country after one 6-6 season as a head coach (I know his OU ties make this easier to do, but still).

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT