ADVERTISEMENT

Before today, I thought we could steal one from Florida

And if we continually lose to those same crappy teams where does that leave us?

Actually, it leaves us in a pretty odd position. You see, we haven't lost to North Carolina since 1991 and since 1983 prior to that, therefore, we are NOT 'losing to those same crappy teams'. We are now losing to different crappy teams like UVa, UNC and Missouri. If we can find a way to keep Muschamp here a few more years we might start losing to teams like Coastal Carolina, East Carolina and if we get really turned around maybe even Vandy and Wofford will beat us, next year.

Now, it looks unlikely. Getting to 6 wins is looking highly unlikely.
Agree 100%. I thought the same thing. They are much better than I thought, and honestly I think they may be like LSU....finally got a QB that helps them instead of limits them. They may have a legitimate chance of bating UGAY (which I hope they do). I actually think we have a better chance of beating the tater tots than UF or UGAY.

Reactions: Brace1
I’ve been saying all along that Florida was better than what people believed, and I just went at it a couple days ago, with some of our fans on Facebook who said we have a good chance of beating them. I told them no way. That defense is gonna cause our offense all kinds of trouble. BMac better have a good game plan.
We don't have anything offensively that will allow us to move the ball on them. Great DBs and an DL that will give our OL major fits. We may not rush for 75 yards that day.

Well, if coaches and staff think same way, we are in trouble.
They are being paid to utilize their expertise in a way that best fosters winning. Do you trust your doctor to give his best effort in the operating room, even if he thinks your prognosis isn't the best? I do. He's getting paid to bring his best, regardless of what he's thinking.

Without getting into the give and take about how tough Florida is or isn't, or whether we can or cannot beat them, yesterday made it obvious to me that the intimidation factor of playing there has returned. I made a couple of trips down there when Spurrier had them humming and I've never been in such an atmosphere in my life. That game we played down there when Holtz had us within a game of winning the East was maniacal. It was 60 minutes of complete crowd involvement and teamwork among the fans, the band, and the cheerleaders. No, Sandstorm every now and then is no match, even in a big game. It was deafening and it was disruptive, especially when it gets a little dark and they get that South end scoreboard acting as a giant strobe light. Auburn got that treatment yesterday and neither their quarterback nor their coach could handle it. Auburn got shaken before they got beaten.

Last edited:
No its not. KY was beating their tail with a healthy QB that got hurt against Ms. St and has been a shell since then.

On the flip side its also the game UF actually got better by subtracting a floundering Franks. When Trask came in the light flipped and UF has been a different animal since then.

I swear some of yall dont have a damn clue about college football or even watch it. Just rah rah rah all the time....

Our best bet for beating UF is a night game at home. We definitely play better under the lights.
Smith three for 250 yards plus against Florida so maybe you should recheck your facts .

Yes a 4th quarter comeback did happen but don’t think that’s the same UF team you will be facing in two weeks. Keep the faith up and when you catch the usual beat down the melt down will be even more epic. Muschamp is what he’s showing and maybe you can finally dump him after another failure of a season.
GO AWAY to where they like the smell of $hit.

GO AWAY to where they like the smell of $hit.
Wow now that’s what I expect out of the faithful. I know the season has been rough and you are finally starting to realize you were lied to by slick Will. After you look back and reflect on the bs you were feed you will be even angrier with the giant mess he left behind. It’s ok Jim McElwain is ready to get back into the SEC and I’ve heard he really has learned from his failures at Florida.

Actually, it leaves us in a pretty odd position. You see, we haven't lost to North Carolina since 1991 and since 1983 prior to that, therefore, we are NOT 'losing to those same crappy teams'. We are now losing to different crappy teams like UVa, UNC and Missouri. If we can find a way to keep Muschamp here a few more years we might start losing to teams like Coastal Carolina, East Carolina and if we get really turned around maybe even Vandy and Wofford will beat us, next year.

That's the part that kills my butt, living in NC.

Wow now that’s what I expect out of the faithful. I know the season has been rough and you are finally starting to realize you were lied to by slick Will. After you look back and reflect on the bs you were feed you will be even angrier with the giant mess he left behind. It’s ok Jim McElwain is ready to get back into the SEC and I’ve heard he really has learned from his failures at Florida.
You're assuming that we actually wanted Muschamp when he was hired.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT