ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest win in Gamecock athletic history!!

I get it, and I don't diminish it. But in the grand scheme of things, no one really cares about baseball. Being on this stage is incredible for us.

that might have been true 25 years ago...but thanks to ESPN college baseball is bigtime

I get it, and I don't diminish it. But in the grand scheme of things, no one really cares about baseball. Being on this stage is incredible for us.
I wouldn't use such harsh terms, even though what others think or what's popular to them is irrelevant to me. Remember, I was called an idiot by another FGF poster when I mentioned that baseball is #1 with me.

Now if you consider today's win to do more for the USC varsity athletics program regarding positive national exposure, I agree, even though I think the CWS victories have done more for overall athletic success.

Frank Martin getting a statue Nobody seen this team representing like this The most improbable run to the Final 4 ever

This is the biggest...because our baseball team was a powerhouse and expected to win it all....our basketball hasn't been successful and most people thought at most one win in the tournament.

Huge win, best basketball win ever. I had tears in my eyes but it doesn't trump back to back titles in baseball.

This win..to get to the Final 4, is a much higher profile win in the scheme of college sports than any win in college baseball..

Everyone remembers the Final Four. Heck, I remember all sorts of teams who've done nothing in their history but make the Final Four. Winning the title in basketball is harder than winning in baseball or football. Making the FF is ridiculously hard also. This is a big deal...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT