ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Mcelwain

As long as I post here or anywhere, personal insults, particularly name-calling and especially characterizations that impugn a person's intelligence, will not emanate from me. People who cannot enter into discussions without resorting to such devices don't deserve to be taken seriously on any topic.

Don't think there would be "I told you sos" if Mama hadn't tried blaming USC coaches for her son's failures. From reading this board, I thought he was gonna be the next Tom Brady.
Can't ever blame a Mom for speaking out and supporting her son even if she is wrong.

When moms start speaking out it is never a good thing and nothing good ever comes of it - anywhere!

Reactions: spook spook
Obviously a good kid- but didn’t work out here. I always thought he looked really short for a QB. Also felt that hurt him when throwing the ball from the pocket. Anyway, he’s certainly a good athlete to be able to excel in baseball also. I hope he works it all out at Cal, and finds success on the field there.

Wouldn't it be great if someone waited until BMc had a good game and then posted congratulations to him?

I hope he has a great career at Cal, although I do think he's undersized at 6'1, 185 (as listed on the Cal website).

I think it would be great if we played a Cal in a bowl game in the next 2 years. That would be pretty cool.

Spare me. I could not disagree more. The parents taught the kid to quit, even when he clearly sucks. Last night proved that. He's a failure. Glad he's gone and his folks too...... wonder what the folks will blame for his performance last night???? Good lord.
giphy.gif

Don't think there would be "I told you sos" if Mama hadn't tried blaming USC coaches for her son's failures. From reading this board, I thought he was gonna be the next Tom Brady.
Man, even Gruden said the kid was going to be somebody, a field general. He couldn't throw the ball accurately over 10 yards. I know it didn't help that there were 2 DL on him within 2 seconds of the snap. But they had to roll him out to get a good pass out of him. BOOM! must have been grasping at straws to get us a talent infusion quickly. Failed experiment. A lot of people really missed on him. Don't take any of this as insulting the kid. Just some observations. His meddling mom didn't help him any. They never do.

does FORMER rate continued adulation, if so help me understand why. we should wish the kid well, not go into fits of apoplexy at the mention of his name

Because most Gamecock fans have a little class. I'm sure that confuses you, as you are not a Gamecock fan.

Reactions: rogue cock
I wish nothing but the best for this kid. When Jake took over the starting job. This kid handled it with class and we ended up making a bowl game that year. He was unhappy here if he's happy at California good for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockfury
My point was that the kid's name was misspelled. Not a comment on the criticism or commentary.
should not be an issue here...

posters refer to Roche and McGuire as Roach and Maguire

not to mention "Debo Samuels"

go cocks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT