ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen?!?!?!?!

Five-star SF. Could be immediately eligible. Huge get, if we're able to get him on the floor.

And let me just say, it's about time we're "playing the game." Though it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the NCAA figures out a wait six and a half years before allowing him to play.

Apparently he was cleared to play at Louisville but they sat him out just in case.

Reactions: okccock
I'm stunned. Completely stunned. Very interested to hear if the plan is to get him on the court ASAP. And if not, will he ever see the court for us.

Oh yea!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ruit-brian-bowen-admitted-play-south-carolina

Former Louisville recruit Brian Bowen admitted to South Carolina, hoping to play for Frank Martin

4:50 PM ET
  • i

Jeff GoodmanESPN Insider
Former Louisville recruit Brian Bowen, one of the key figures in an FBI probe into college basketball, has been admitted to South Carolina.

"I'm really excited to get an opportunity like this with a terrific coach like Frank Martin and a program like South Carolina," Bowen told ESPN.

Bowen was suspended from the Louisville men's basketball program shortly after the news broke of the investigation, and the school declined to seek reinstatement with the NCAA. He recently told Outside the Lines that he had no knowledge of an alleged payment involving Adidas, Louisville and his father to steer him to Louisville.

Brian Bowen said his goal remained to play college basketball, even if there wasn't much interest from schools due to the uncertainty regarding his situation. AP Photo/Gregory Payan
"I don't know anything about it," Bowen added of the alleged payment.

Bowen also said his goal remained to play college basketball, even if there wasn't much interest from schools due to the uncertainty regarding his situation.

Bowen arrived in Columbia, S.C., over the weekend and was officially admitted on Monday. Now the school will submit for reinstatement in hopes he will be able to play next season for the Gamecocks.

"I'm elated that South Carolina and Coach Martin have given Brian the opportunity to play college basketball and fulfill his dream at the collegiate level," Bowen's lawyer, Jason Setchen said. "I have the utmost confidence in South Carolina's compliance and ultimately the NCAA. We believe the NCAA, once they have heard all of the evidence, will promptly reinstate Brian." Federal documents contend that Adidas funneled $100,000 to an unnamed player, later identified as Bowen, to sign with Louisville at the request of a Cardinals coach. The FBI says Bowen's father, Brian Bowen Sr., accepted the money. The investigation into the matter resulted in the firing of Louisville coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich.

South Carolina is 10-5 overall and 1-2 in SEC play this season. Frank Martin led the program to a Final Four appearance a year ago.

Wow! We needed some good news for the basketball program. I had no idea we were even going after him. Great work Frank! Now go get Zion so we can have 2 five star player at the same time!
Anfernee Simmons is our best shot at another 5 star.

WAIT. WHO ????
Oh yea!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ruit-brian-bowen-admitted-play-south-carolina

Former Louisville recruit Brian Bowen admitted to South Carolina, hoping to play for Frank Martin

4:50 PM ET
  • i

Jeff GoodmanESPN Insider
Former Louisville recruit Brian Bowen, one of the key figures in an FBI probe into college basketball, has been admitted to South Carolina.

"I'm really excited to get an opportunity like this with a terrific coach like Frank Martin and a program like South Carolina," Bowen told ESPN.

Bowen was suspended from the Louisville men's basketball program shortly after the news broke of the investigation, and the school declined to seek reinstatement with the NCAA. He recently told Outside the Lines that he had no knowledge of an alleged payment involving Adidas, Louisville and his father to steer him to Louisville.

Brian Bowen said his goal remained to play college basketball, even if there wasn't much interest from schools due to the uncertainty regarding his situation. AP Photo/Gregory Payan
"I don't know anything about it," Bowen added of the alleged payment.

Bowen also said his goal remained to play college basketball, even if there wasn't much interest from schools due to the uncertainty regarding his situation.

Bowen arrived in Columbia, S.C., over the weekend and was officially admitted on Monday. Now the school will submit for reinstatement in hopes he will be able to play next season for the Gamecocks.

"I'm elated that South Carolina and Coach Martin have given Brian the opportunity to play college basketball and fulfill his dream at the collegiate level," Bowen's lawyer, Jason Setchen said. "I have the utmost confidence in South Carolina's compliance and ultimately the NCAA. We believe the NCAA, once they have heard all of the evidence, will promptly reinstate Brian." Federal documents contend that Adidas funneled $100,000 to an unnamed player, later identified as Bowen, to sign with Louisville at the request of a Cardinals coach. The FBI says Bowen's father, Brian Bowen Sr., accepted the money. The investigation into the matter resulted in the firing of Louisville coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich.

South Carolina is 10-5 overall and 1-2 in SEC play this season. Frank Martin led the program to a Final Four appearance a year ago.
Key paragraph here-Brian Bowen said his goal remained to play college basketball,even if there wasn’t much interest from schools due to the uncertainty regarding his situation.

Reactions: wentzel25
Good news for Coach Martin and the BB program. Some have voiced dismay over the perception that USC has not "capitalized" on the Final Four run. This season's team was always going to be a bit of a rebuilding project, considering our lost production and leadership from last season. It would have been substantially better if Dozier had stayed, which he should have in hindsight.

But it is shortsighted to think that FM has not continued to build momentum off of last season's run. This program is in good hands. More good times to come.

Last edited:
What are the odds he actually gets the NCAA's blessing to play? Maybe we can get some of that Scam Newton treatment.

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT