ADVERTISEMENT

Bunch of moral victory-claiming losers.

GameCockNFire

Jan 4, 2009
This team just went 3-9. 3-9. We get garbage time points and everyone gets the happy feels? We lost to the Citadel. We are in the basement of a pathetic SEC East. We just lost to Clemson for the second year in a row. Our best players on offense and defense are leaving.

Is all we have to talk about Clemson's merit to being #1 vs #2? Wishful thinking about a new coach magically turning things around? Whining about referees?

Guess what. We just played our best game of the year and it wasn't good enough. we have NOTHING returning next year, and in a season where so many big-time programs are looking for coaches, we don't exactly have our pick.

This is PATHETIC. If all we are is a bottom feeder team that takes pot shots at our rival that just went undefeated, it is absolutely pathetic.

This team just went 3-9. 3-9. We get garbage time points and everyone gets the happy feels? We lost to the Citadel. We are in the basement of a pathetic SEC East. We just lost to Clemson for the second year in a row. Our best players on offense and defense are leaving.

Is all we have to talk about Clemson's merit to being #1 vs #2? Wishful thinking about a new coach magically turning things around? Whining about referees?

Guess what. We just played our best game of the year and it wasn't good enough. we have NOTHING returning next year, and in a season where so many big-time programs are looking for coaches, we don't exactly have our pick.

This is PATHETIC. If all we are is a bottom feeder team that takes pot shots at our rival that just went undefeated, it is absolutely pathetic.
O just shut up.

Be honest, NOBODY expected us to lose by 5. 50, yes. 5, no. I'm not mad about the outcome but I am kinda pissed that the refs protected Clemson that much. They will get their asses kicked in the playoffs because they won't have the ACC there to protect them.

Reactions: scmuffin02
He's not right, a lot of us are just plain sick of all that garbage by the OP.

Be honest, NOBODY expected us to lose by 5. 50, yes. 5, no. I'm not mad about the outcome but I am kinda pissed that the refs protected Clemson that much. They will get their asses kicked in the playoffs because they won't have the ACC there to protect them.

Wow, we only lost by 5, let's throw a parade

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
I saw an obviously outmatched team that never quit fighting. If you can't see the positives in today's game, and the glimmer of hope it provided for next season, then maybe you should stop watching. Yes we lose Cooper, Wilds, and Adams, but we return a lot of young talent. Deebo, Williams, Neal, Orth, and Nunez all improved this year, and return next season. I am hopeful that a new coach will spark the energy, and get the most out of our young talent.

I saw an obviously outmatched team that never quit fighting. If you can't see the positives in today's game, and the glimmer of hope it provided for next season, then maybe you should stop watching. Yes we lose Cooper, Wilds, and Adams, but we return a lot of young talent. Deebo, Williams, Neal, Orth, and Nunez all improved this year, and return next season. I am hopeful that a new coach will spark the energy, and get the most out of our young talent.

Sorry, but this group of players, even with excellent coaching, will fight to go .500 next year

Give me a break. Tons of people were predicting the worst loss in Gamecock history. If nothing else, people are questioning the legitimacy of Clemson. We're a 3-9 team and we're getting a new coach. We'll be ok.

Reactions: BigTomE
Sorry, but this group of players, even with excellent coaching, will fight to go .500 next year
Then that's what they'll do. If they make a bowl, that will be improvement. And you better like improvement more than the alternative. .500 nest year is better than most would predict.

Reactions: bmhood1984
Orth? Give me an effin break! Some of you guys are embarrassing yourselves. Cheering for a loss and taking pot shots at our undefeated rival. How pathetic! But, I've decided to join you. I'm cheering for Clemp to win it all just to drive you crazy. Because, for some of you it's more about Clemp's losses than SC's wins. Yet, Clemp will go no worse than 12-2 this year. We didn't win 12 in 2014 and 2015 combined and we lost to them twice.

Reactions: TheRoosterGuru
you do realize the replay booth was sec

Orth? Give me an effin break! Some of you guys are embarrassing yourselves. Cheering for a loss and taking pot shots at our undefeated rival. How pathetic! But, I've decided to join you. I'm cheering for Clemp to win it all just to drive you crazy. Because, for some of you it's more about Clemp's losses than SC's wins. Yet, Clemp will go no worse than 12-2 this year. We didn't win 12 in 2014 and 2015 combined and we lost to them twice.
If you want Clemson to win, ever. You are a tater and need to stop pretending to be Gamecock.

You think Nunez was a better option? Criticize Orth all you want, but he did throw for almost 400 yards last week and 3 TD's today. Orth can only do so much when our OC is hell bent on running the ball for zero gain on first and second downs. Say what you want about him, but he looked a hell of a lot better than Mitch did when he was healthy. This offense, with Orth at QB, would have been a hell of a lot better with Spurrier calling the plays.
On another note.... disagree with me all you want, and give me the reason s why you disagree, but leave the insults out of it. I have my opinion just like you have yours. We can disagree without insulting each other.

Reactions: bmhood1984
I am not even sure what I am supposed to complain about. 3 losses is better than some teams. lets wait and see if tanner gives Elliot a 4 yr shot at being the head coach instead of just mid-season.

When did I take a "pot shot" at Clemson? Maybe you should reread my post?

When did I take a "pot shot" at Clemson? Maybe you should reread my post?
Not necessarily you but in general I've been reading a number of posts rationalizing our pathetic team performance this year. I guess we're back to being moral victory U. I'm sure guys like DSWAG are embarrassed too.

Not necessarily you but in general I've been reading a number of posts rationalizing our pathetic team performance this year. I guess we're back to being moral victory U. I'm sure guys like DSWAG are embarrassed too.
Nobody has posted anything about moral victory, but people who complain about it.

You think Nunez was a better option? Criticize Orth all you want, but he did throw for almost 400 yards last week and 3 TD's today. Orth can only do so much when our OC is hell bent on running the ball for zero gain on first and second downs. Say what you want about him, but he looked a hell of a lot better than Mitch did when he was healthy. This offense, with Orth at QB, would have been a hell of a lot better with Spurrier calling the plays.
On another note.... disagree with me all you want, and give me the reason s why you disagree, but leave the insults out of it. I have my opinion just like you have yours. We can disagree without insulting each other.
I don't want to get into speaking about specific guys, but if you think he's one of our top returning players ........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT