ADVERTISEMENT

Bunch of moral victory-claiming losers.

You know who makes losing so bad and miserable? A bunch of fans (adults I might add) who never learned how to enjoy the GAME, it's a GAME with REAL YOUNG MEN (you know, PEOPLE). Most of them are going to college for a reason other than FOOTBALL, and have to hear or read what a bunch of 'fans' rant about, and how awful they are. You should be ashamed, but you won't be. You care very little about others. I'll take kids on my team with this much heart and a coach who believes in them as young men, like ours did, any day. They will be GOOD ADULTS who contribute to our world. Football, it's just for fun, and cause they get to...

My GAMECOCKS, AND MY COACH made a statement this yr. They said a lot more about life than winning or losing. Thank you to all the guys who will be leaving, we loved seeing your heart on that field! Can't wait to see you all succeed at whatever you choose to do!

Reactions: BigTomE
I don't want to get into speaking about specific guys, but if you think he's one of our top returning players ........

3 passing TD's versus a top 10 defense is not too shabby. He improved as the season went on. I'm not saying he's all SEC worthy, but he's not as bad as many people are saying.

3 passing TD's versus a top 10 defense is not too shabby. He improved as the season went on. I'm not saying he's all SEC worthy, but he's not as bad as many people are saying.
Fair statement, but we need much more. I'll leave it at that.

Atlanta Cock...I resent your use of "we" and "our"...based on most negative posts I see from you about players, coaches and fans, you are not one of us.

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
gRs9KACV.jpg

Atlanta cock... in all the years of posting , I don't think you have ever had a positive other than to say " we positively suck"

Actually, I don't. The fans I know are angry over the state of our program. Who are you?
OK, I give up! I guess you are just dumb enough to be a tater! Just like read ReadROOster said, if you ever pull for Clemson, you are a tater! Quit pretending to be a Carolina fan! You are an embarrassment, if you claim to be one! Yeah, all Carolina fans are upset at the state of our program! Pulling for Clemson to win it all shows your true colors!

Atlanta cock... in all the years of posting , I don't think you have ever had a positive other than to say " we positively suck"
Not true. When we do something well, I usually post about that too. Good with the bad, fellas. Some of you need some thicker skin. There hasn't been too much to post about positively these past 2 seasons. Program stinks right now, thanks largely to SOS. If you're going to hammer Horn for what he did, SOS should be fair game too. Especially given the amount of money we paid him.

Actually, I am. I question who you are? This isn't little league baseball where everyone gets a participation trophy.
No, but it is a Gamecock Board where every single post should not be about tearing down the coaches, players and other fan. Don't need a trophy...don't need sabotage either. You are not part of us.

Not true. When we do something well, I usually post about that too. Good with the bad, fellas. Some of you need some thicker skin. There hasn't been too much to post about positively these past 2 seasons. Program stinks right now, thanks largely to SOS. If you're going to hammer Horn for what he did, SOS should be fair game too. Especially given the amount of money we paid him.
Go and pull one up.

They are undefeated and we went 3-9. Is posturing about their claim to being consensus #1 supposed to make me feel better?

no but its obvious that they are not that good and should not be number one. I suspect you will whine if they lose and people here cheer.

I saw an obviously outmatched team that never quit fighting. If you can't see the positives in today's game, and the glimmer of hope it provided for next season, then maybe you should stop watching. Yes we lose Cooper, Wilds, and Adams, but we return a lot of young talent. Deebo, Williams, Neal, Orth, and Nunez all improved this year, and return next season. I am hopeful that a new coach will spark the energy, and get the most out of our young talent.
Well, you're saying they went out there and kept at it for 60 minutes. In other words, they did what they are supposed to do, and especially in a rivalry game..

This is PATHETIC. If all we are is a bottom feeder team that takes pot shots at our rival that just went undefeated, it is absolutely pathetic.

if Clemson drops to #2 in the polls tomorrow or the playoff selection poll is it then a moral victory? if not if UNC beats Clemson, is that a moral victory? this is a moral victory - cut and dried. covered the spread, lost by 5 at home, was down by 3 at one point. total moral victory. boys played hard and did not quit. can not say that for spurrier.

Reactions: TheRoosterGuru
A lot of people let the performance of some early twenty-somethings affect their own quality of life far too much. I'm disappointed by this season. I'm not happy we lost, but I am proud of the fighting spirit this team showed today against a superior opponent. Call that a moral victory if you like, but I'm not going to bash kids who played their hearts out today. I'm not going to bash coaches for the game today, as they put together a damn good one. I'm looking forward to next season with a new coach and new hope into the future.

Go and pull one up.
I think you used to post (maybe still do?) over on TOS, correct? Figures you're one of those ditto heads who breathlessly await the next proclaimation from TM or JC or the handful of posters who fancy themselves as insiders. What a joke, but I'm not surprised over your personal attack.

Just remember, JC wrote that our D would be much improved this year and that Hoke was a significant upgrade. Yeah right, JC. And, TM is so full of himself. I don't recall ever reading anything from him that wasn't littered with qualifications and conditions to cover his tail. In fact, I don't recall ever reading anything from him that he stood behind 100% that we didn't already know. I'm not surprised you were (or are) part of that BS cabal.

I think you used to post (maybe still do?) over on TOS, correct? Figures you're one of those ditto heads who breathlessly await the next proclaimation from TM or JC or the handful of posters who fancy themselves as insiders. What a joke, but I'm not surprised over your personal attack.

Just remember, JC wrote that our D would be much improved this year and that Hoke was a significant upgrade. Yeah right, JC. And, TM is so full of himself. I don't recall ever reading anything from him that wasn't littered with qualifications and conditions to cover his tail. In fact, I don't recall ever reading anything from him that he stood behind 100% that we didn't already know. I'm not surprised you were (or are) part of that BS cabal.

You think....now there is a dangerous situation! I shudder! JC? Jesus? TM? TOC? I have not a clue who or what. Dittohead now that's nice...is that good or bad? I am a Gamecock Fan on a Gamecock board. What I do know is that you STILL have not produced a single positive post regarding Gamecock fans, players or coaches. It also amuses me that YOU of all people whine about a "personal attack".

Nope they sure aren't. In my opinion anyways. They didn't even look playoff worthy today but they'll get there and will get bounced.
You can't base a team off of one game. Seriously. Clemson did some crazy stuff that could be considered choking with the turnovers they handed the Cocks. The Cocks QB played out of his mind and made some great throws. But Clemson still won.

FSU dominated UF in a way nobody else had done this year and UF went 10-1 in the SEC despite having a bad offense. Yet Clemson beat us.

The bottom line is going into this weeks rankings Clemson will have 2 wins vs Top 10 teams and no other team will be able to say that. Clemson should remain #1. And this coming from a fan of a team that is rivals with Clemson too.

You think....now there is a dangerous situation! I shudder! JC? Jesus? TM? TOC? I have not a clue who or what. Dittohead now that's nice...is that good or bad? I am a Gamecock Fan on a Gamecock board. What I do know is that you STILL have not produced a single positive post regarding Gamecock fans, players or coaches. It also amuses me that YOU of all people whine about a "personal attack".
How do you know? Have you trolled every post I've ever made? Have you tracked every "like" I've clicked or every "This" I've posted?

Put me on ignore if you truly believe your BS about me. But, I've seen enough from you to know how you think and who you follow. Delusion comes to mind.

How do you know? Have you trolled every post I've ever made? Have you tracked every "like" I've clicked or every "This" I've posted?

Put me on ignore if you truly believe your BS about me. But, I've seen enough from you to know how you think and who you follow. Delusion comes to mind.

You claim to be We and Us but you cannot come up with one single post that is positive about the USC or any player coach or other fan. I can scroll back through this thread alone and find several negatives. I am not in an argumentative mood on this fine Sunday AM. So I am finished with this thread. Please stop spewing negative vomit about MY school, its coaches, players and fans. I am A GAMECOCK.

You claim to be We and Us but you cannot come up with one single post that is positive about the USC or any player coach or other fan. I can scroll back through this thread alone and find several negatives. I am not in an argumentative mood on this fine Sunday AM. So I am finished with this thread. Please stop spewing negative vomit about MY school, its coaches, players and fans. I am A GAMECOCK.
Me too, but you're on ignore now so save yourself the time of responding.

Ok, let's get a headcount.

1. Who was "happy" about yesterday's game?

2. Who is fine with the way this season went?

I seriously doubt any Gamecock fans were happy about losing yesterday or about this season. Let's quit blaming our fans for "accepting losing" or reveling in moral victories. I for one think it sucks that we lost to Clemson for 2 straight years and I think this season has sucked. It's been the suckiest season we've had in 16 years. But don't tell me that I'm some sort of mushy minded fan because I am much less sad that we lost by only 5 points instead of being a complete embarrassment.

There is a difference between losing 63-17 and losing 37-32 and if you think recognizing that difference makes you a "moral victory-claiming loser," then you're probably too stupid to function. Either loss sucks, but the latter sucks far less than the former.

To the OP....grow up. You're mad at players for simply not being better than they are. It's that simple. The roster is what it is. Some guys weren't as good as we thought. Be disappointed sure.

But you are ANGRY and that's childish.

You know what? I BLAME YOU. Yeah....YOU. You either went to USC or didn't. But either way....why didn't you walk-on and become an All American and win the Heisman and win an SEC title for USC?? YOU could have and that would've boosted recruiting and we wouldn't be here.

I'm mad AT YOU for not doing that.

Unfair? Oh...you say you weren't a good enough athlete to have done that??? Well....if you can be mad at kids for.just not being better than what they ARE then I'm gonna be mad at you for not being better than you are.

You could've walked on and won a Heisman and an SEC championship for us.
YOU could have founded a multi billion dollar company and donated tens of millions of dollars so we could hire Nick Saban.

But you didnt. I'm mad at you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT