ADVERTISEMENT

But seriously why would any recruit commit to USC right now?

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Anybody on here take a job that you knew would end at the end of november?

The kids that I like the most. The ones that want to be Gamecocks. The ones that are not scared of hard work and not looking to be some coaches pet.

Reactions: nikolas22
Well, I think that USC has plenty of fans that are college prospects and they are devoted to the school, not the staff. That's the area that the current staff has to push. It's not a good position to be in, but it's what you have. I get that the staff is most likely on the way out and they know that. I get that they are probably spending some time looking for a new jobs and that's OK. BUT they are still getting paid (a LOT of money) by USC to do their jobs. Part of that job is recruiting and they should be doing it.

Reactions: nikolas22
We are only going to get kids that we are their best offer. That's it plain and simple. They can afford to take a chance if there is no equal offer on the table. They can always slide back if they have to.

Reactions: IPOC369
Right now might not be a good time to commit to USC but when the new HC(especially if it's Herman)is announced then the recruits will take notice.
Don't think it's gonna be Herman, tho.

Recruiting is not going to impress anyone at this time. Hopefully, the new coach will take recruiting up a few notches. But until then, the best you can hope for is that the current staff can at least keep the better prospects on the list open minded until the new coach is hired. In the interim we may get some kids where USC is there only serious D1 offer, or maybe the instate kid that grew up a fan, but little else. And even that will be tougher as time rolls on. Got a feeling these coaches are going to be more in retested in working the phones searching for jobs for next year as opposed to being obsessed with recruiting kids they will never coach. That's only human nature.

Unless they just loved the school, I would think to wait until the hire is made to make sure you like it. With that being said, I'm sure there are some recruits out there who see that it appears we have some good options out there for coaches and assume they'll be happy with it. Also, as some others said, it could be who's offered them and who hasn't.

Well, I think that USC has plenty of fans that are college prospects and they are devoted to the school, not the staff. That's the area that the current staff has to push. It's not a good position to be in, but it's what you have. I get that the staff is most likely on the way out and they know that. I get that they are probably spending some time looking for a new jobs and that's OK. BUT they are still getting paid (a LOT of money) by USC to do their jobs. Part of that job is recruiting and they should be doing it.
No they shouldn't they had there chance and you see the mess were in.

Why do you choose to be a Gamecock fan, maybe some of the same reasons apply.

d
We are only going to get kids that we are their best offer. That's it plain and simple. They can afford to take a chance if there is no equal offer on the table. They can always slide back if they have to.

Ding, ding, we have a winner!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT