ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Basketball @ Missouri: Official Thread

That Chat, Kacinas, Silva line-up was a disaster. Rosburg had two easy transition lay ups against it.

I'm probably overreacting and I hope to heavens I'm wrong, but sadly the NIT is where things appear to be going if we don't turn it around and right quick. Geez, going from tops in the SEC to getting humiliated by UK at home and losing to the worst team in the conference. Being a Gamecock basketball fan sure sucks sometimes. PLEASE let this team get its act together. I'm so sick of these kinds of seasons.

Rollerdude: This game was much better than Alabama on the road, Kentucky at home, Georgia on the road probably better than Tn. on the road. Sometimes we forget that OTHER SEC teams have paid Coaches and Scholarship players.

I didn't get to see the game, but the stats are very close, and mostly in our favor! We shot 80% from the line? Must have been an eclipse tonight. We only had 4 more fouls than MO, yet they shot 18 more free throws than we did, making 11 more than us. So, I guess that tells the story, but how did MO shoot 18 more free throws than us?​

Reactions: GamecockJL
I didn't get to see the game, but the stats are very close, and mostly in our favor! We shot 80% from the line? Must have been an eclipse tonight. We only had 4 more fouls than MO, yet they shot 18 more free throws than we did, making 11 more than us. So, I guess that tells the story, but how did MO shoot 18 more free throws than us?​

No but we thought it meant we were a good team not a team just like last year.
No, it was a clear indicator Frank and the boys would saturate the Sleep Number with sewage (shit the bed). Your approach is like reminding someone who just got their legs cut off that they rocked that 5K back in 1988.

A&M and LSU..Last week dude, last week...its basketball, a team of average players trying to learn how to be consistent

Why didn't Carrera start the 2nd half? That Chat, Kacinas, Silva line-up was a disaster. Rosburg had two easy transition lay ups against it.

Reactions: gamecockblack
That's what I'm saying.

I won't speak of Chat <moment of silence while I take multiple deep breaths>

But when is the last time any of us saw Kacinas do anything really good? Mostly I see him rushing to the corner too late to pick up an opponent shooter in the process of burying a 3 pointer. The zone only works it guys can cover their zones.

Reactions: whythis28

We obviously committed more shooting fouls. Mizzou got dribble penetration all night.

Just IMHO, at the start of the game, some of our shots hut the front of the rim which means to me that the shooter was tired. We also didn't get down the court fast enough a few times. Even when we did, we left people open for offensive rebounds. To tell you the truth, I was amazed that they could come back to go ahead late in the game.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
Anyone catch Frank on the radio post game?

2f8238e7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not score inside and got dominated by Ryan Rosberg on the inside early on.

When we got close then took the lead there were no further fouls called on Missouri.The ACC should offer those two officials with the buzz cuts jobs after the season

I thought we were a pretty good man to man team. But recently we've been playing almost nothing but a zone. People are eating our zone alive. They either drive all the way to the basket for layup or drive and dish it out for wide open 3s.

Is our man to man that bad? Or is this the lesser of two evils?

I thought we were a pretty good man to man team. But recently we've been playing almost nothing but a zone. People are eating our zone alive. They either drive all the way to the basket for layup or drive and dish it out for wide open 3s.

I think it's an attempt to keep Dozier out of foul trouble.

Reactions: gamecockblack
When we got close then took the lead there were no further fouls called on Missouri.The ACC should offer those two officials with the buzz cuts jobs after the season
I thought the game was evenly officiated. We benefited from that phantom call on Mizzou's big man. Our bigs were terrible this game. Chat and Kacinas pick up cheap fouls reaching around guys or holding them.

No...No...No...The drive and pitch has been against the man to man when we extend all the way out to the mid court line. The zone was very effective in the second half. Stops as a result got us back into the game. My thought is that we should play more zone and switch it up more often. Another reason tonight was foul trouble. We allowed several transition baskets tonight to the 40 year old no. 44 that were very costly.

Our man to man defense on the opposing PG is not the best. That's the main problem in most of our losses. But in this game it was our missed shots that gave them fast break opportunities.

Last edited:
Duane Notice missed an open layup late in the game as well. Not to mention Big Chat he costs us big tonight. He missed lots of close range shot against smaller players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT