ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina Clemson prediction for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This offense is going to have to get better. Major upgrade to the WR that had problems last year with the better DBs, happy with Rico at RB and Bentley can be great. OL was to be the strong suit and was just crushed by Clemson last year. They need to play much much better and I do not see anyone coming in pushing for playing time.

Bentley showed flashes this year but the offense was just average on it best day this season. I think the Roper did not trust them to open up the playbook, though that improved as Bentley took over.

Their Dline is gunna be flat out nasty like ours was a few years back. We still haven't recruited well enough in the trenches to catch back up with them yet.

If Muschamp can get the trenches more stout and increase the overall team speed in the next two classes, I think we can beat the taters again in 2019.

Spurrier left us in a world of hurt on the Oline and dline. We got some damn fine skill players and got some much needed speed in the DB's this class, but we gotta keep grinding and have patience with the process.

With where we stand talent wise compared to the tots, I think 2019 we will be in a great position to swing the rivalry back our way.

The taters aren't all that...They were good enough to win it all last season..Truth is they were lucky to be in the 4...NCst, Pitt, Louisville should all have been losses...I credit them with being good enough to make their breaks count..But i don't overrate or fear them like a lot of our fans do..

We will be good enough to beat them in Columbia this fall..Anyone thinking otherwise is just not being realistic...The key to our season is how much Wolford can improve our offensive line...A healthy Helms at center, should keep Knott on the bench where he belongs...We have at least 2 great guards in Bailey and Stanley...We can't be worse at tackle..It will be curious to see how much better we are at tackle...If we can block on the edge our offense will be formidable...

I have no doubt our defense will be vastly improved and more consistent...We'll have the speed we lacked...Hopefully another year in the strength and conditioning will get our Dline up to standards Coach Boom expects

The taters aren't all that...They were good enough to win it all last season..Truth is they were lucky to be in the 4...NCst, Pitt, Louisville should all have been losses...I credit them with being good enough to make their breaks count..But i don't overrate or fear them like a lot of our fans do..

We will be good enough to beat them in Columbia this fall..Anyone thinking otherwise is just not being realistic...The key to our season is how much Wolford can improve our offensive line...A healthy Helms at center, should keep Knott on the bench where he belongs...We have at least 2 great guards in Bailey and Stanley...We can't be worse at tackle..It will be curious to see how much better we are at tackle...If we can block on the edge our offense will be formidable...

I have no doubt our defense will be vastly improved and more consistent...We'll have the speed we lacked...Hopefully another year in the strength and conditioning will get our Dline up to standards Coach Boom expects

You dont fear them? They beat us by the largest margin by an ACC team over an SEC team in HISTORY. They have the entire front seven on D coming back minus Carlos Watkins. We will be running for our lives. 2018 will be a different story. They are light years ahead of us.

SMH. New graduate here.

Not sure when you were on campus but - this is hyperbole at its best.

It's going to take 3 or 4 years of development before we beat them.

Sorry, but Debo better than Cain. I'll take our number 2-3 WR's over theirs as well. And SC will have the better pass catching TE. Not being a homer, just stating the obvious.
200w.gif

They don't have a monopoly on football. They do have one on tickle piles and bung hole caressing. Neither team is predictable until you see them play about 4 games. These gropers are going to be surprised by the improvement we have on offense, pass rush and in the secondary. I don't see any part of their team improving.

Their Dline is gunna be flat out nasty like ours was a few years back. We still haven't recruited well enough in the trenches to catch back up with them yet.

If Muschamp can get the trenches more stout and increase the overall team speed in the next two classes, I think we can beat the taters again in 2019.

Spurrier left us in a world of hurt on the Oline and dline. We got some damn fine skill players and got some much needed speed in the DB's this class, but we gotta keep grinding and have patience with the process.

With where we stand talent wise compared to the tots, I think 2019 we will be in a great position to swing the rivalry back our way.
Did your post have any words in it?

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Sorry, but Debo better than Cain. I'll take our number 2-3 WR's over theirs as well. And SC will have the better pass catching TE. Not being a homer, just stating the obvious.
You do know that blocking is a part of playing WR. Watch a couple of last year's games.

You dont fear them? They beat us by the largest margin by an ACC team over an SEC team in HISTORY. They have the entire front seven on D coming back minus Carlos Watkins. We will be running for our lives. 2018 will be a different story. They are light years ahead of us.

so it may seem to the superficial mind..I don't think they willbe as good as this past season...A championship team that should have lost 3-4 games without some incredible breaks...If NC State could make a 28 yd field goal they are not even in the playoff..So don't give me this 'they are invincible' crap...They are light years ahead of no one...

so it may seem to the superficial mind..I don't think they willbe as good as this past season...A championship team that should have lost 3-4 games without some incredible breaks...If NC State could make a 28 yd field goal they are not even in the playoff..So don't give me this 'they are invincible' crap...They are light years ahead of no one...

They are light years ahead of us. We have 9 wins in two years, they have 28. Not for 2018, we will be much stronger. Sorry you can't see that. You just get into football?

Our offense will be better provided our OL steps up. May take time but with Wolford I feel like it will get better

Reactions: rogue cock
Deon Cain was Mike Williams' backup last year and he still scored 9 TDs and averaged 19.1 yards per catch. You think a receiver who averaged 13.3 yards per catch and had 1 TD is better? Deon was a 5 star for a reason. Not disrespecting your guy, but he doesn't compare to Deon Cain.

And you think your 2-3 receivers are better as well? You guys signed some good receivers this year, but none were better than the 2 we signed. And they will be added to a group that now features three 5 star WRs and five 4 star receivers. The only scholarship receiver on our roster less than 4 stars is Hunter Renfrow and I would take him over every receiver on your roster right now. That's not because I am disrespecting your receivers, it's just that Hunter is that good.

Again, you have improved at WR, but Clemson has the best WR corp in the country and the best WR coach developing them. We are about to have the #1 overall WR taken in the NFL draft for the 3rd time in 5 years.

Deon Cain was Mike Williams' backup last year and he still scored 9 TDs and averaged 19.1 yards per catch. You think a receiver who averaged 13.3 yards per catch and had 1 TD is better? Deon was a 5 star for a reason. Not disrespecting your guy, but he doesn't compare to Deon Cain.

And you think your 2-3 receivers are better as well? You guys signed some good receivers this year, but none were better than the 2 we signed. And they will be added to a group that now features three 5 star WRs and five 4 star receivers. The only scholarship receiver on our roster less than 4 stars is Hunter Renfrow and I would take him over every receiver on your roster right now. That's not because I am disrespecting your receivers, it's just that Hunter is that good.

Again, you have improved at WR, but Clemson has the best WR corp in the country and the best WR coach developing them. We are about to have the #1 overall WR taken in the NFL draft for the 3rd time in 5 years.
Obnoxious tater is obnoxious, but there is some truth in his bleating.

We will need to see considerable improvement on both lines for us to have any hope of beating the Tilmanites. They're losing a lot of offensive fire power but they're still really good on defense.
With a now $1,000,000 plus defensive coordinator. They pay for what they get because it's their very life! If we choose to make it our life's most important thing we could do the same - can certainly afford. It's priorities!

We return 84% of our rushing yards and 100% of our receiving yards from last season. Our offense, without a doubt, will be greatly improved due to the experience gained by our young players last season.

Clemson loses something like 70-75% of it offensive production from last season, so they will need new playmaker to step up to make up that production.

Defense is a different story. We added depth and speed to our defensive backfield, but we'll need some pass rushers to emerge. Our starting LB's will be very good, but overall we're thin at the position.

Clemson's front 7 will be tough, but they're secondary could be iffy.

I will provide my answer the week of the game.

They will still have Dexter Lawrence who will be the # 2 overall pick in the 2019 draft, so that will still be a issue for us.

Reactions: griffgolf
We return 84% of our rushing yards and 100% of our receiving yards from last season. Our offense, without a doubt, will be greatly improved due to the experience gained by our young players last season.

Clemson loses something like 70-75% of it offensive production from last season, so they will need new playmaker to step up to make up that production.

Defense is a different story. We added depth and speed to our defensive backfield, but we'll need some pass rushers to emerge. Our starting LB's will be very good, but overall we're thin at the position.

Clemson's front 7 will be tough, but they're secondary could be iffy.

It's still a huge mismatch in the trenches on both sides of the ball right now. It's gunna take a few years to catch up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT