ADVERTISEMENT

Clemmons violation

Just like the Carolina list posted today, in the end , it is nothing. That was classified at the same level as rounding off to the nearest dollar and overpaying for lodging by $0.45

"Accidental" my big old butt. I'm old and even I know not to hit the face time key on my Iphone. He knew what he was doing, but then again, it isn't a big deal.

People.......we need to face it. Clem knows how to cheat, & cheat well. They've almost perfected it. They pretty much have the attitude of, "hey, getting busted & punished for a couple of years is worth it to win conference titles & have all these players." Decades of it.

People.......we need to face it. Clem knows how to cheat, & cheat well. They've almost perfected it. They pretty much have the attitude of, "hey, getting busted & punished for a couple of years is worth it to win conference titles & have all these players." Decades of it.
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin

We need some people to investigate New Spring and Climpson. Go have a council session with the pastor...leave with a fat envelope. Non traceable.

Reactions: gamecockrealist
You do know you guys just self reported a bunch of stuff as well. It is all very nit picky and insanely minor.
You seem well informed. Maybe you can answer a question I have had for some time. Where did Sammy Watkins get his Cadillac from (the one he was arrested driving ) and what happened to it after. Sorry, 2 questions.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
You seem well informed. Maybe you can answer a question I have had for some time. Where did Sammy Watkins get his Cadillac from (the one he was arrested driving ) and what happened to it after. Sorry, 2 questions.

Where did Corey Boyd get his Cadillac Escalade that he crashed and left the scene from when he was at South Carolina?

I knew they were cheating ..Dabo has rubbed off on the BB & Golf teams.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Clemson's athletic department reported 15 violations to the NCAA in the past year, including three by the defending Atlantic Coast Conference football champions.

The school released its infractions report Tuesday after an open records request by The Associated Press.

None of the violations is considered serious. All but one of them is classified as a Level III infraction. Level III infractions are those the NCAA considers isolated or limited in nature; provide no more than a minimal recruiting, competitive or other advantage; and don't include more than a minimal impermissible benefit.

Clemson detailed its NCAA violations from Aug. 1, 2015, through this past July 31.

Three of the violations involved the football program, which starts the season ranked No. 2.

One came from an "accidental" FaceTime call placed by coach Dabo Swinney to a prospect before the allowable date of Sept. 1. Coaches can't place any phone calls to the prospect from Sept. 1-15 as punishment for the infraction.

Another violation in football came last October and involved two players who dropped engineering courses and were not enrolled full-time, as required by the NCAA. Clemson declared both players ineligible, conducted rules education with all athletes and paid a $500 fine. The NCAA restored the two athletes' eligibility.

The final football infraction came this past January when the staff gave excess travel reimbursement to several prospects after their official visits. The school said the staff wrongly thought it could round up the travel reimbursement amount to the nearest dollar.

The staffer involved received a letter of admonishment, although the school said it did not try to collect the overpay from prospects because of the "minimal amount of the over-award."

The first-year baseball program of coach Monte Lee had three violations.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rence-preview-college-football-2016/88367396/

Lee, who led the Tigers to the ACC Tournament title last May, was admonished for an infraction from last September when he responded to a text from a 2018 prospect before Sept. 1 of the player's junior year of high school. Lee, the school said, thought the prospect was set to graduate in 2017. When informed otherwise by the player, Lee stopped all communication with the prospect and reported it to the compliance office.

Lee and his staff must also refrain from communicating with the player for two weeks starting Sept. 1.

Last August, an assistant coach on Clemson's men's golf team impermissible brought in an outside consultant to work with two players on the course and teach a three-session with the whole team. The men's golf team was made to take three days off from all countable athletic activity for three weeks.

Thi
I knew they were cheating ..Dabo has rubbed off on the BB & Golf teams.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Clemson's athletic department reported 15 violations to the NCAA in the past year, including three by the defending Atlantic Coast Conference football champions.

The school released its infractions report Tuesday after an open records request by The Associated Press.

None of the violations is considered serious. All but one of them is classified as a Level III infraction. Level III infractions are those the NCAA considers isolated or limited in nature; provide no more than a minimal recruiting, competitive or other advantage; and don't include more than a minimal impermissible benefit.

Clemson detailed its NCAA violations from Aug. 1, 2015, through this past July 31.

Three of the violations involved the football program, which starts the season ranked No. 2.

One came from an "accidental" FaceTime call placed by coach Dabo Swinney to a prospect before the allowable date of Sept. 1. Coaches can't place any phone calls to the prospect from Sept. 1-15 as punishment for the infraction.

Another violation in football came last October and involved two players who dropped engineering courses and were not enrolled full-time, as required by the NCAA. Clemson declared both players ineligible, conducted rules education with all athletes and paid a $500 fine. The NCAA restored the two athletes' eligibility.

The final football infraction came this past January when the staff gave excess travel reimbursement to several prospects after their official visits. The school said the staff wrongly thought it could round up the travel reimbursement amount to the nearest dollar.

The staffer involved received a letter of admonishment, although the school said it did not try to collect the overpay from prospects because of the "minimal amount of the over-award."

The first-year baseball program of coach Monte Lee had three violations.

Lee, who led the Tigers to the ACC Tournament title last May, was admonished for an infraction from last September when he responded to a text from a 2018 prospect before Sept. 1 of the player's junior year of high school. Lee, the school said, thought the prospect was set to graduate in 2017. When informed otherwise by the player, Lee stopped all communication with the prospect and reported it to the compliance office.

Lee and his staff must also refrain from communicating with the player for two weeks starting Sept. 1.

Last August, an assistant coach on Clemson's men's golf team impermissible brought in an outside consultant to work with two players on the course and teach a three-session with the whole team. The men's golf team was made to take three days off from all countable athletic activity for three weeks.
This site is where I come for all things Clemson.

He was arrested in 2012 driving a 1999 Cadillac Deville. The car would have been worth around $2000 at best when he was pulled over. If Clemson is giving away cars to star players I would imagine they would have to do better than this.

New Spring is waist deep in Clem recruiting violations.

Newspring currently has numerous campuses that would be made of a majority of Gamecock fans including Columbia, Lexington, and Northeast Columbia. If they are supplying Clemson recruits with illegal benefits then it is genius because a whole lot Gamecock fans are assisting in their efforts.

Where did Corey Boyd get his Cadillac Escalade that he crashed and left the scene from when he was at South Carolina?
I think you are misinformed. I don't recall Cory (not Corey)Boyd ever mentioned with respect to a Cadillac. Derek Watson was driving an escalade. It belonged to a SC alumnus named Pierce Cauthen. Watson was declared ineligible after being self reported by SC and he made restitution. I was asking a real question where did Sammy 's Cadillac come from?

He was arrested in 2012 driving a 1999 Cadillac Deville. The car would have been worth around $2000 at best when he was pulled over. If Clemson is giving away cars to star players I would imagine they would have to do better than this.
Maybe I'm wrong but the police report said it was a 2008 Cadillac. Didn't say the model but the cheapest '08 Cadillac at the time was over 20 thousand. Friends said they only saw him driving a mitsubishi eclipse after and denied any knowledge of a Cadillac.

Maybe I'm wrong but the police report said it was a 2008 Cadillac. Didn't say the model but the cheapest '08 Cadillac at the time was over 20 thousand. Friends said they only saw him driving a mitsubishi eclipse after and denied any knowledge of a Cadillac.

The original police report that was circulating had the car as a 2008 Cadillac. The police report was incorrect and was changed to reflect that actual car he was driving. You can do a google images search and see the car for yourself. It was obviously not a 2008 car. Also, below is an article that was written in May of 2012 detailing the issues and the actual car he was driving. It also has a picture of the same car in the article.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...ns-does-not-own-or-drive-a-cadillac-escalade/

Reactions: PAWrocka
And where did Clowney get his car from. Everyone cheats guys. (Is my username too obvious) haha

Yeah but the pastor there was riding on the team bus and staying in same hotel with team. Go and read some of his comments after games. More than just a fan. He is a fanatic. There may be something worth looking into there. Remember Cam Newton and I think it was something about his uncle's church being the bagman.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK

I love your subtle racism to think that he or his family couldnt afford a sub 3000 dollar car.

Sammy Watkins wasn't (nor isn't) the only college athlete driving a nice car. Think about it, it's not rocket science. They have no college expenses. They will live together so they can keep the majority of their housing allowance. If there is potential of a professional career, banks will approve long term, low payment loans and parents will co-sign. If they make it to the pros, they pay off the loan. If not, they sell the car.

Newspring currently has numerous campuses that would be made of a majority of Gamecock fans including Columbia, Lexington, and Northeast Columbia. If they are supplying Clemson recruits with illegal benefits then it is genius because a whole lot Gamecock fans are assisting in their efforts.
NewSpring and Perry Noble need to be investigated.

Reactions: Tiger71 and PC31
The original police report that was circulating had the car as a 2008 Cadillac. The police report was incorrect and was changed to reflect that actual car he was driving. You can do a google images search and see the car for yourself. It was obviously not a 2008 car. Also, below is an article that was written in May of 2012 detailing the issues and the actual car he was driving. It also has a picture of the same car in the article.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...ns-does-not-own-or-drive-a-cadillac-escalade/
I never saw or heard of that . I saw the police report and asked others and was never told different. You would think a cop with registration in his hand would not make a mistake like that. I'm taking what you and the article says as true and I stand corrected. As for the others out I questioned where a freshman would get a 20,000$ car not 3,000 or less.

I have no knowledge of anything the pickens county cheaters are doing. I believe that some players are getting paid when they leave the program. Deep pockets in the upstate! Since they are no longer part of the program, it isn't a ncaa violation, right? just my .02

I never saw or heard of that . I saw the police report and asked others and was never told different. You would think a cop with registration in his hand would not make a mistake like that. I'm taking what you and the article says as true and I stand corrected. As for the others out I questioned where a freshman would get a 20,000$ car not 3,000 or less.

I understand your confusion and I think your original question was very valid. If the kid (white, black, yellow, purple, or green) was a college athlete driving a $30k Cadillac I would have questions as well. The fact that the police report had the wrong year and model of car caused a lot of controversy. This is one case where the athlete was fortunate the whole even was caught on camera. The car was clearly shown to be an old beater, not a fancy new ride.

I understand your confusion and I think your original question was very valid. If the kid (white, black, yellow, purple, or green) was a college athlete driving a $30k Cadillac I would have questions as well. The fact that the police report had the wrong year and model of car caused a lot of controversy. This is one case where the athlete was fortunate the whole even was caught on camera. The car was clearly shown to be an old beater, not a fancy new ride.
Yours too tot

Sounds like the same type violations all schools get hit with.

I'm just waiting for someone to finally open up their mouths up there and let some real sunlight in.

The car came from Cadillac Black's in Hickory Tavern.

Or maybe the subtle racism of your knuckle-dragging Clemmons brother above wondering about Clowney's car.
In my defense, I went to high school with clowney, our part of the neighborhood wasn't one to drive around nice cars. But just as USC cheats, Clemson does too. Wish it didn't happen but it does

Sammy Watkins wasn't (nor isn't) the only college athlete driving a nice car. Think about it, it's not rocket science. They have no college expenses. They will live together so they can keep the majority of their housing allowance. If there is potential of a professional career, banks will approve long term, low payment loans and parents will co-sign. If they make it to the pros, they pay off the loan. If not, they sell the car.
whoooa hoss. So they get long term low payment loans? Do these banks make these loans available to the general public? Would this not be an impermissible benefit? Just wondering because I would love to get a long term low payment loan, that I could just sell the car that I would obviously be way upside down on and just walk away....where can I get such a loan?

whoooa hoss. So they get long term low payment loans? Do these banks make these loans available to the general public? Would this not be an impermissible benefit? Just wondering because I would love to get a long term low payment loan, that I could just sell the car that I would obviously be way upside down on and just walk away....where can I get such a loan?

You can start with a lender, be it a bank or auto dealer. I promise you can buy the car of your dreams with the payment you can afford because you can get a loan repayable in any number of payments. In the long run, you might pay triple of what the vehicle is worth or you might get upside. But that's your fault and a risk you must be willing to take. At the same time you have to be reasonable and know your limits...you are not going to buy a Lamborghini over 30 years, but you could buy a $40,000 vehicle over 7-8 years. And if you are banking on a pro contract in a year or two, you take the risk that you make it to the pros and pay off the loan. If not, you could sell the car and cut your losses or get a visit from the repo man and ruin your credit. And there is always the option of a lease, which is designed to put you in more vehicle than you can truly afford.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT