ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson AD Radakovich to Miami?

That’s a bigger blow than most realize.
Not everyone would've given Dabo his first crack, stand by him during 5 in a row and do all they had to do to compete when they didn't have the revenue or the amenities that attract recruits and a lot over there apparently thought there is no proof it would pay off. This dude did a great job, I want him to stop doing it.

Not everyone would've given Dabo his first crack, stand by him during 5 in a row and do all they had to do to compete when they didn't have the revenue or the amenities that attract recruits and a lot over there apparently thought there is no proof it would pay off. This dude did a great job, I want him to stop doing it.
Radakovich did not hire Dabo. Terry Don Phillips did.

Correct. I wouldn't want Dumbo if he paid us $10 million a year to come coach, but I would love to have Dan back under our roof. Best of luck to him wherever he winds up.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
I know he's a professional. He did well at Ga. Tech and followed it up at UPC. He's someone who knows what an athletic department is supposed to look like.
Look up the story about his time at GT with respect to his telling the NCAA to stick it while AD. I believe they refused a bowl game because he was that pissed.

Reactions: SparkleCity
This story is all over the place. CBS 247, Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, and Oregon writer who broke the news are claiming it's a done deal, but no confirmations as of yet.
No word from UM.

Correct. I wouldn't want Dumbo if he paid us $10 million a year to come coach, but I would love to have Dan back under our roof. Best of luck to him wherever he winds up.
lol, yes you would. You would take 2 national titles and 4 title game appearances in less than a heartbeat. Obviously you would.

Reactions: apacock
Word is that he is informing staff this evening. The issue isn’t so much losing him, it’s making sure the new hire doesn’t come in and screw things up.

How much money could SC have saved if it hired someone like Radakovich? Would he have hired Muschamp and later paid Muschamp $21 million to go home?

Man, I'd love to have that time machine. IMHO, Radakovich would have had the balls to Lincoln Riley when he interviewed for the job, held on to Herman or (longshot) inked Kirby before Georgia fired Richt. Sure, if he was successful, he would have bolted but we would have had a transition from Spurrier instead of a soul-sucking decline.

However, in the end, this is a dream. USC is not set up to have an AD that would have that much power in relation to the President or the BOT. Miami is a private school so they have more politics they can avoid (there's always booster politics but less actual legislative politics),

Oh, my bad. Didn't look it up, just knew he had been there for a while and it largely coincided with their rise.

You're not entirely wrong. He was there for their rise from around 10+ wins a season, to contending for CFP and national titles. He became their AD in time for the 2012 FB season, so he was there for South Carolina losses #4 and #5. But it was Phillips who hired Swinney and who took the heat for the first 3 losses, as well as blame for those other 2 losses....

You're not entirely wrong. He was there for their rise from around 10+ wins a season, to contending for CFP and national titles. He became their AD in time for the 2012 FB season, so he was there for South Carolina losses #4 and #5. But it was Phillips who hired Swinney and who took the heat for the first 3 losses, as well as blame for those other 2 losses....
I don't think there was as much heat for the first 3 as the last two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT