ADVERTISEMENT

Concerns

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
I still believe Will Muschamp and T Rob understand how to mold a defensive football team and I see progress being made. They at using all available talent to build depth and give us a chance to win.

Offense: different picture altogether. I have serious doubts about McClendon as OC and wonder who is calling the shots as to who gets playing time. Halfway through the season, this offense still has no identity nor does the best utilization of our offensive skills come into play. Scar earned the right to start last Saturday but he didn't even see the field. We have no speed or power in the backfield yet Joyner and Fenwick could provide both and Joyner is a highly acclaimed athlete unlike any of the others. I've seen Joyner play and know what he is capable of. Expect him to transfer soon if he gets no opportunity to get on the field. This guy could play any backfield position on defense and any running back or WR position on offense in addition to QB. If Muschamp wants to keep spending time at his palace on beautiful lake Murray, he needs to hire a proven OC and give him full authority to build an offense and stop the current offensive coaching experiment.

If the players had been able to execute the game plan Saturday we would have won by 2 TDs. I know coaches get the ultimate blame when players look that unprepared to play. But these guys aren't true freshmen. And they all played better when they were freshmen than they did Saturday.

Anyway, I can't see 7 or 8 bad drops by experienced players being the fault of the OC in terms of his game planning. unless the game plan was to drop the ball in crucial situations.

I will say, though, I think Bentley deserves to sit a first half since he can't seem to calm down enough to stop making mistakes until the second half. I don't think coaches see logic the same way I do.

I still believe Will Muschamp and T Rob understand how to mold a defensive football team and I see progress being made. They at using all available talent to build depth and give us a chance to win.

Offense: different picture altogether. I have serious doubts about McClendon as OC and wonder who is calling the shots as to who gets playing time. Halfway through the season, this offense still has no identity nor does the best utilization of our offensive skills come into play. Scar earned the right to start last Saturday but he didn't even see the field. We have no speed or power in the backfield yet Joyner and Fenwick could provide both and Joyner is a highly acclaimed athlete unlike any of the others. I've seen Joyner play and know what he is capable of. Expect him to transfer soon if he gets no opportunity to get on the field. This guy could play any backfield position on defense and any running back or WR position on offense in addition to QB. If Muschamp wants to keep spending time at his palace on beautiful lake Murray, he needs to hire a proven OC and give him full authority to build an offense and stop the current offensive coaching experiment.
I'm still living in the Vegas sewers like I promised before the Kentucky game.
I'm borrowing a phone from this nice Nebraska fan next to me to write this.

My concern is getting out of here and back to Charlotte once we finally break the Kentucky football streak. (sounds so weird saying it)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT