ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo May Be Gone After 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabbit+Season+Animated.gif

Listen guy, I didn't come to here to talk any smack about Carolina. The only reason I ever said anything in this thread is because the subject was how Dabo could be fired at the end of this year and that someone heard that from big Clemson sources. I just wrote on here to correct the record because that is 100% false. Then the minority of the Gamecock fans that are completely ignorant kept saying ignorant things so I presented my case as to why they were wrong. You wanna talk about ANOTHER team dropping 70 on us years ago when the team you're talking to has hung up 69 on y'all in Billy Brice? You go right ahead. To the majority of posters on here, I don't mean to bring up old shit my bad, he forced my hand.
You were the one who said,"He knows how to motivate and get 100% of a player's ability." He was the coach against West Va. So don't get pissy with me "GUY"! You made the stupid statement!!!

The adoptive illiterates are buying the hooie but those in the 'know' know when they're getting their finger pulled and despite the outrageous mistake clemson's AD made regarding Dabo's 'buy-out' the tigers money people are gonna' be willing to bite the bullet when he arrives at Willie-B sporting a 6-5 record, has his a$$ handed to him by 'Carolina then looses the 'way out there somewhere' bowl against Wyoming State or some such to go 6-7 ... if THAT happens he's gone.

The 'spin-machine' has been in over-drive a tad too much to suit most tiger-fans who really know tiger-football.

A few told me that if he's less than 9-2 MINIMUM when he arrives in Columbia and then manages to lose that one, too four losses after the pre-season build-up will be too much for them to take ... that they'll 'take' that as Dabo's failure as well as their own for letting their O-coach go and not replacing Dabo with him when they had the chance.

Those guys are big 'c' supporters and they ain't gonna' be happy to see 'Carolina start a new 'streak'. All the BS in the world ain't gonna make up for being 2-6 vs. South Carolina ... THOSE boys are a LONG WAY from being sated by last year's 'bounce' ... another L to Spurrier and they're prepared to pay Dabo to go away.

He thinks he's gonna win a NC ... he 'ought be worried 'bout keeping his job.
Never-Go-Full-Retard.jpg

Reactions: mplang and pjs1087
Okay everyone. I said "if they want him" which was a very important part. But y'all are kidding yourselves if don't realize that if Saban were to leave today, at this point in time Dabo would be on the shortlist. If you don't think so, you're wrong.
giphy.gif

Reactions: swatterac
If you really don't think he would be on the shortlist, you have no room to talk about people being delusional. I mean seriously guy, we might have some fans that are delusional but you just couldn't be more wrong on this. He is from Bama, coached there, young and recruits very well. Here is Saturday down south talking about... http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tailgate-talk-take-alabama-saban-retires/

It's really just not even a question. If somehow Saban hung it up today, Dabo would be one of the first calls they made. And again I said IF THEY WANT HIM. You seem to ignore that over and over.
i think you should be banned just for making a comment like that.....seriously

Listen I hate Gamecocks just like all good Gamecock fans hate us Tigers but I am not ignorant to how good of a coach Spurrier is(and I like him) or how awesome Ray Tanner was. You can legitimately criticize Dabo for how he has handled Battle and other disciplinary situations, say that he doesn't follow his own rules etc. But if you really don't get that he is perceived by the nation as one of the best HC's so early in his career then you're just being ignorant. He already won national coach of the year and that was just in his 3rd full year as HC. I will never like South Carolina's team or garnet and black but I will never be ignorant of what you have and what you don't.

Dablow is a classless , redneck idiot . . . period. Case closed.

Its official... SS1 is officially off his rocker. My goodness, he makes for a funny read. It's only sad because he actually believes the bull crap he writes.

Reactions: mplang
cp1275___ Now just who do you know that are big boosters? Do you know them well enough for them to let you know their personal feelings about D Swinney? If so , please share with us and maybe we could disagree with SS just a little. SECOND THOUGHT-- nawwwww.

Love the way SS1 likes to cherry pick facts or just plain make stuff up! Here are some interesting ones that I saw today in Athlon magazine rating the position strength of each SEC team in relation to the others.....with 1 having the best players at that position and 14 being the worst.

Here is how the Gamecocks fared:

Quarterback.......................#12
Running Back.................... #11
WideReceiver Tight End.....#11
Offensive Line..................... #9
Defensive Line...................#12
Linebackers.........................#8
Defensive Backs................#12

Those guys from Athlon must not have been reading these boards or they would know better, huh!

Reactions: pjs1087
CP1275--- Sez, we are a consistently a top 20 team, I beg to differ. The only time you won the jaded ACC championship that Dabo brags on so often, you got your asses whipped by WVU 70-33 and didn't even break the top 30. That year other than FSU, no one in the ACC finished ranked in the top 25. What a poor conference. With the cupcake schedule you play year after year, other than Vandy since James Franklin left , ANY sec team could win 10 games a year with a Tater schedule. I have serious doubts if you win seven this year let alone 10.

Reactions: Tigerman93
They didn't, Dabo took less money so that they could get those coordinators and pay them more money. He knows who to hire and he knows who to recruit. He knows how to motivate and get 100% of a player's ability. Like y'all always say, he is a CEO and you're right. And that's what an HC is nowadays.
Wait, wait, wait....didn't you know that SS1's best friend, the CEO of CSX does everything himself. I think SS1 mentioned that when they used to hang together in Richmond that they would close up the corporate headquarters together, sweep the floor, empty the waste baskets, make sure all of the lights were cut off......all of that after writing dozens of letters, paying invoices, loading freight cars, repairing tracks.........etc. ;)

Its official... SS1 is officially off his rocker. My goodness, he makes for a funny read. It's only sad because he actually believes the bull crap he writes.

"Its official... SS1 is officially off his rocker."

Wow, 'it's 'official' AND 'officially' in the same sentence ... why? 'Cause pjs1087 said so, that's why!!! Who?

Reminds me of Dabo's "official" National Coach of the Year award, insofar as that same season somebody else earned that 'same' award from the Associated Press ... and that same season somebody else earned that same award (according to the NCAA).

Those 'tigers' ain't too good at what's "official" - officially speaking.

Dang!!! ... a guy has lunch with REAL tiger fans who give money and buy tickets and stadium suites and have their names on gardens and pavilions and walls and bricks and whatever up at clemson and they say one thing, it gets shared those supporters were SICK and TIRED of getting whipped by 'Carolina and WILL NOT take kindly to a so-so 2015 season TOPPED by the start of another 'streak' ... and lo' and behold a bunch of homeless waif "self-anointed" tiger fans come out of the woodwork to call some of the people who actually get 'consulted' on such decisions as 'employment retention' and the know-nothings call 'em liars and say "no matter what!!!' we're 'all-in' with DABO!!!" HA!

Yea? Give a million dollars to clemson and they might 'consult' YOU what to do if clemson limps into Williams-Brice in November with only 7 or 8 wins (or WORSE) and gets WHACKED by 'Carolina AGAIN after all this BS hoop-la "Playoff/National Championship" Heisman Trophy, yada, yada build-up orchestrated by Dabo.

These, uneducated, un-schooled, interloping, adoptive-tiger trolls so irritating on FGF don't wear custom-dyed cashmere blazers with 14K gold clemson-crested buttons ... they wear cheap plastic 'blaze orange' highway vests.

The VERY last one's to 'know' ANYTHING. Heck, they have to come over here to get ANY news!!!

Reactions: BigTomE
"Its official... SS1 is officially off his rocker."

Wow, 'it's 'official' AND 'officially' in the same sentence ... why? 'Cause pjs1087 said so, that's why!!! Who?

Reminds me of Dabo's "official" National Coach of the Year award, insofar as that same season somebody else earned that 'same' award from the Associated Press ... and that same season somebody else earned that same award (according to the NCAA).

Those 'tigers' ain't too good at what's "official" - officially speaking.

Dang!!! ... a guy has lunch with REAL tiger fans who give money and buy tickets and stadium suites and have their names on gardens and pavilions and walls and bricks and whatever up at clemson and they say one thing, it gets shared those supporters were SICK and TIRED of getting whipped by 'Carolina and WILL NOT take kindly to a so-so 2015 season TOPPED by the start of another 'streak' ... and lo' and behold a bunch of homeless waif "self-anointed" tiger fans come out of the woodwork to call some of the people who actually get 'consulted' on such decisions as 'employment retention' and the know-nothings call 'em liars and say "no matter what!!!' we're 'all-in' with DABO!!!" HA!

Yea? Give a million dollars to clemson and they might 'consult' YOU what to do if clemson limps into Williams-Brice in November with only 7 or 8 wins (or WORSE) and gets WHACKED by 'Carolina AGAIN after all this BS hoop-la "Playoff/National Championship" Heisman Trophy, yada, yada build-up orchestrated by Dabo.

These, uneducated, un-schooled, interloping, adoptive-tiger trolls so irritating on FGF don't wear custom-dyed cashmere blazers with 14K gold clemson-crested buttons ... they wear cheap plastic 'blaze orange' highway vests.

The VERY last one's to 'know' ANYTHING. Heck, they have to come over here to get ANY news!!!
Well I wasn't going to say anything else but this annoys me to no end. I went to Clemson for my undergrad degree and for my masters. My dad also went there and I know a lot about what the important boosters and members of the board(not an internet board just so we're clear SS1, keep up) think. This "adoptive blah blah" crap is so tired man

Reactions: mplang
Love the way SS1 likes to cherry pick facts or just plain make stuff up! Here are some interesting ones that I saw today in Athlon magazine rating the position strength of each SEC team in relation to the others.....with 1 having the best players at that position and 14 being the worst.

Here is how the Gamecocks fared:

Quarterback.......................#12
Running Back.................... #11
WideReceiver Tight End.....#11
Offensive Line..................... #9
Defensive Line...................#12
Linebackers.........................#8
Defensive Backs................#12

Those guys from Athlon must not have been reading these boards or they would know better, huh!
Pre season rankings and predictions mean what? Hell those same experts had the Gamecocks raked #9 pre season last year. I think low ranking all positions for the Gamecocks is a direct result of last year. Also it speaks to the quality players in the SEC. Our same players in a weak conference, let's say the ACC, would be ranked in the upper half of all categories.

CP1275--- Sez, we are a consistently a top 20 team, I beg to differ. The only time you won the jaded ACC championship that Dabo brags on so often, you got your asses whipped by WVU 70-33 and didn't even break the top 30. That year other than FSU, no one in the ACC finished ranked in the top 25. What a poor conference. With the cupcake schedule you play year after year, other than Vandy since James Franklin left , ANY sec team could win 10 games a year with a Tater schedule. I have serious doubts if you win seven this year let alone 10.
And Clemson lost to SC that season too....

Pre season rankings and predictions mean what? Hell those same experts had the Gamecocks raked #9 pre season last year. I think low ranking all positions for the Gamecocks is a direct result of last year. Also it speaks to the quality players in the SEC. Our same players in a weak conference, let's say the ACC, would be ranked in the upper half of all categories.
BigTom....I think the rating folks are looking at individual players at their perspective position. I don't think it has anything to do with last year, I was little surprised to see how low they rated a bunch of your position too, as I thought you would be somewhere toward the middle of the packs. Only Kentucky and Vanderbilt rated lower overall, and Vanderbilt by a bunch. Apparently, they were not impressed by your JUCO D linemen or your defensive backs. QB and receivers is pretty understandable....running backs a little strange, but you have to remember the last two games anyone saw your backs, Wilds gained 11 yards against us and 3 against Miami and Williams gained 15 against us and 0 against Miami.....not the kind of performances that will garner attention. If they were a lot better than that (and I think they are) you have to wonder why Spurrier didn't use them more.

The adoptive illiterates are buying the hooie but those in the 'know' know when they're getting their finger pulled and despite the outrageous mistake clemson's AD made regarding Dabo's 'buy-out' the tigers money people are gonna' be willing to bite the bullet when he arrives at Willie-B sporting a 6-5 record, has his a$$ handed to him by 'Carolina then looses the 'way out there somewhere' bowl against Wyoming State or some such to go 6-7 ... if THAT happens he's gone.

The 'spin-machine' has been in over-drive a tad too much to suit most tiger-fans who really know tiger-football.

A few told me that if he's less than 9-2 MINIMUM when he arrives in Columbia and then manages to lose that one, too four losses after the pre-season build-up will be too much for them to take ... that they'll 'take' that as Dabo's failure as well as their own for letting their O-coach go and not replacing Dabo with him when they had the chance.

Those guys are big 'c' supporters and they ain't gonna' be happy to see 'Carolina start a new 'streak'. All the BS in the world ain't gonna make up for being 2-6 vs. South Carolina ... THOSE boys are a LONG WAY from being sated by last year's 'bounce' ... another L to Spurrier and they're prepared to pay Dabo to go away.

He thinks he's gonna win a NC ... he 'ought be worried 'bout keeping his job.
LMAO

Reactions: SportsSuites1
BigTom....I think the rating folks are looking at individual players at their perspective position. I don't think it has anything to do with last year, I was little surprised to see how low they rated a bunch of your position too, as I thought you would be somewhere toward the middle of the packs. Only Kentucky and Vanderbilt rated lower overall, and Vanderbilt by a bunch. Apparently, they were not impressed by your JUCO D linemen or your defensive backs. QB and receivers is pretty understandable....running backs a little strange, but you have to remember the last two games anyone saw your backs, Wilds gained 11 yards against us and 3 against Miami and Williams gained 15 against us and 0 against Miami.....not the kind of performances that will garner attention. If they were a lot better than that (and I think they are) you have to wonder why Spurrier didn't use them more.
I disagree... I think it has almost everything to do with last season. The ratings folks are basing their opinions based on the product SC put on the field last season. I don't blame them. That's really all they have to go on. It's pretty easy to say, and a safe bet, that SC's defense was horrible last season, therefore each individual defensive unit must be horrible as well. It's not like the folks that made these lists have been attending gamecock practices to judge for themselves. They're basing it on last season...
You're correct, Wilds had a rough game Vs Clemson in 2014, but he looked damned good against them in 2013. And don't forget we had a guy named Mike Davis ahead of him in the backfield last season,

In his first 6 seasons as HC Dabo is 9-14 (.391) vs ranked opponents including 5-4 (.558) against top-ten opponents..By comparison, Spurrier was 10-19(.345) against ranked teams including 3-10(.231) against top-ten teams his first 6 years at SC....Two of Dabos Top-tens were in bowl games...Spurrier has never beat a team ranked higher than 15 in TEN years at SC.

Correction..Spurrier has not beat a team ranked higher than 15 in a BOWL game in 10 years....btw..Louisville finished 2014 ranked 24 in the final AP polll and #21 in the final CFB playoff poll.. They were the only ranked team we beat last year...The same number SC beat.

Yeah Tom, but Davis didn't fare too well either toward the end, so that certainly would not reflect on this years ratings. You may be right, but I think they are going more on individual players on each unit more than as a team. Both Clemson and Carolina have to prove themselves every year so when we embarrass the pundits we may be punished the next year. Your 11 win season run gave them a lot of confidence in you and when you let them down they pulled the rug out from under you......at least that seems plausible. Guess we are kind of agreeing....which will not go over well with your Gamecock forum members!

Back to the original post....Dabo is not going anywhere. You have to remember his 37 point embarrassing loss to WVA was not nearly as humiliating as Spurrier's 38 point loss (62-24) in the 1996 national championship game. Nebraska's 470 yards rushing and 575 total yards were against a Florida defense that had given up less than a touchdown against 7 of their SEC opponents. If that didn't put Spurrier on the hot seat Dabo surely won't be on it after a mediocre season.

I disagree... I think it has almost everything to do with last season. The ratings folks are basing their opinions based on the product SC put on the field last season. I don't blame them. That's really all they have to go on. It's pretty easy to say, and a safe bet, that SC's defense was horrible last season, therefore each individual defensive unit must be horrible as well. It's not like the folks that made these lists have been attending gamecock practices to judge for themselves. They're basing it on last season...
You're correct, Wilds had a rough game Vs Clemson in 2014, but he looked damned good against them in 2013. And don't forget we had a guy named Mike Davis ahead of him in the backfield last season,
Practice has been closed so how could they rate anybody especially the new people?

They know who is coming back from last year, and believe me, they know who the new guys are. Will some of them surprise them....yes, both in a negative way and positive way. They obviously could and will be wrong on certain teams, but they are pretty savvy in general.

This could not be more wrong about Dabo's job security and the boosters. I know the big Clemson supporters and anyone who said that to you is not one of them. Even if your scenario somehow played out and we had a losing season, Dabo wouldn't even be near the hot seat let alone fired. We know what we have with him and we know where we're going. We are going to try to get him Coach K style tenure at Clemson but we all know that when Saban leaves Bama he will leave us if they want him.

You can put those fears to rest. Bama will never hire a figure head coach.

Reactions: Tigerman93
This could not be more wrong about Dabo's job security and the boosters. I know the big Clemson supporters and anyone who said that to you is not one of them. Even if your scenario somehow played out and we had a losing season, Dabo wouldn't even be near the hot seat let alone fired. We know what we have with him and we know where we're going. We are going to try to get him Coach K style tenure at Clemson but we all know that when Saban leaves Bama he will leave us if they want him.
Saban to Clemson. I type this with one eye open,thanks to Plank Road Brewery.really.Really? You view this as reasonable?

In his first 6 seasons as HC Dabo is 9-14 (.391) vs ranked opponents including 5-4 (.558) against top-ten opponents..By comparison, Spurrier was 10-19(.345) against ranked teams including 3-10(.231) against top-ten teams his first 6 years at SC....Two of Dabos Top-tens were in bowl games...Spurrier has never beat a team ranked higher than 15 in TEN years at SC.
You're comparing apples to oranges.... Dabo took over a successful program. Clemson had won a NC (kind of), several ACC championships, plus many bowl games. Dabo took over an established program. Spurrier took over a football team and BUILT the program.

Correction..Spurrier has not beat a team ranked higher than 15 in a BOWL game in 10 years....btw..Louisville finished 2014 ranked 24 in the final AP polll and #21 in the final CFB playoff poll.. They were the only ranked team we beat last year...The same number SC beat.
Louisville wasn't ranked at the time of the game.

Somewhat true, but not exactly apples and oranges..Dabo took over a program built by Danny Ford that had been floundering in mediocrity for 20+ years..It's often harder to rebuild a program than it is to build one from scratch..Also, the way in which Bowden was dismissed mid-season was a HUGE obstacle for Dabo to overcome...That interim status torpedoed that first recruiting class..We only signed TWELVE guys that cycle..By comparison, you guys signed 29!! that same year...That was a HUGE gift for Spurrier and a BIG part of your 5 year streak.

Also, Spurrier didnt build your program, Holtz did...He put SC on the map recruiting wise and Spurrier inherited some pretty good talent from him. It was like the cubbard was bare.

Spurrier & Carolina beat the #1 team in the country, AL, in 2010. AL was the reigning National Champs and were on a 19 game winning streak.

When's the last time clemsux beat a #1 ranked team? Give up? Google it if you want. I'll help.....NEVER! Isn't that shocking? I mean, seriously. The way clemsux brags, you'd think they would have beaten a #1 ranked team. Nope.

While we're on the subject of clemsux and AL, what happened the last time ya'll played? Bwhahaha. clemsux scored just1 TD and was embarrassed on nat'l TV, yet again.

Okay everyone. I said "if they want him" which was a very important part. But y'all are kidding yourselves if don't realize that if Saban were to leave today, at this point in time Dabo would be on the shortlist. If you don't think so, you're wrong.
HAHAHA. We're wrong?

Here's a sure fire way to find out if the AL fans would back dumbo as their coach. Go to their board & ask them. See what their thoughts would be about him. I'll pop some corn & watch. It'd be great entertainment.

clemsux = Delusion at it's finest.

Last edited:
Congrats...That is one accomplishment you guys have over us. After that it gets pretty thin...Besides, I'll take back-to-back bowl wins over top-10 teams like LSU & OSU any day, and you know you would to.

btw, what happened to that SC team the very next week after beating Bama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT