ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

I’ve grown collards since I was 10; I’m 35 now. I have never in my life “cleaned” collards in a BATHTUB.
“Washed” them” not “cleaned them. Same thing most industrial processors do for huge quantities of product. I’ve done it for family reunions of 100+ people.

And you think Kamala has done that? It also snows underwater
I think she meant to say she washed them in a bathtub. That is all I’m saying. Probably an honest mistake on her part. Politicians make such gaffes when pandering to a demographic of voters. But then again, all politicians lie.

Did the "judge" get cold feet after his ridiculous verdict?

I have been saying that about the Electoral College for awhile and thus why I have been predicting Trump will win the 2024 race. And in both the 2016 and 2020 elections, Trump ended up getting more in the popular vote than the polls said he would.

And even though I voted for her, I still got a good laugh about the "grizzled veteran coming out of retirement......" LOL

Reactions: Ward Jr
These polls are so all over the place. I can't believe even 20% of voters would consider Harris even with all of Trump's faults. How she landed in the position of Presidential Candidate is one of life's greatest mysteries.

It's easy as it gets unless you live in a Trump bubble where no one you know or listen to would do anything but cheerlead and kiss Trump's ass

These polls are so all over the place. I can't believe even 20% of voters would consider Harris even with all of Trump's faults. How she landed in the position of Presidential Candidate is one of life's greatest mysteries.
Polls have been wrong in recent years, not just in 2016 and underreporting Trump's strength in 2020, but remember "the big red wave" that was supposed to happen in 2022? If I'm going to pay attention to polls in the presidential race, it will be only in the 7 swing states. And even then, in regards to my chosen candidate, Harris (the opposition gives me no choice), I would only feel confident if she was up by at least 3 points.

Polls have been wrong in recent years, not just in 2016 and underreporting Trump's strength in 2020, but remember "the big red wave" that was supposed to happen in 2022? If I'm going to pay attention to polls in the presidential race, it will be only in the 7 swing states. And even then, in regards to my chosen candidate, Harris (the opposition gives me no choice), I would only feel confident if she was up by at least 3 points.

Correct- those are the only states that matter.

The truth is- in today's environment- people on both sides aren't going to necessarily be honest about who they support. IN some areas, it's not popular to say you support Harris. IN some areas, it's not popular to say you support Trump.

and there are - as nutty as they might be- a small percentage of people out there that don't know who they will vote for- they don't like Trump. They don't like Harris. They aren't motivated by what political commentators say. They don't watch cable news or listen to talk radio or podcasts. They pay that no attention. They aren't necessarily trying to be 100% consistent. They will probably decide for reasons that some people wouldn't understand.

You realize that under Harris you would be required to pay income tax on unrealized capital gains, right? For instance, let’s say you purchased $50,000 worth of Bitcoin a year ago. Today its market value is $100,000. Under Harris you would be required to pay capital gains tax on the unrealized $50,000 value. What’s the incentive for an investor to purchase long-term assets?

Reactions: cockofdawn
You realize that under Harris you would be required to pay income tax on unrealized capital gains, right? For instance, let’s say you purchased $50,000 worth of Bitcoin a year ago. Today its market value is $100,000. Under Harris you would be required to pay capital gains tax on the unrealized $50,000 value. What’s the incentive for an investor to purchase long-term assets?
Well, how I wish someone could drop me some money so that my net worth would go over $100 million. I won't hold my breath. And you can say that they will drop that well below $100 million. Well, people said Biden would tax people below his campaign pledge to not tax people below an annual income of $400,000. That never happened. Here is a little known situation. That Harris proposal is not new. Biden tried to make that happen. But, he could not get that through Congress when his own party controlled both the House and Senate. It's a silly proposal that's not going ANYWHERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
Well, how I wish someone could drop me some money so that my net worth would go over $100 million. I won't hold my breath. And you can say that they will drop that well below $100 million. Well, people said Biden would tax people below his campaign pledge to not tax people below an annual income of $400,000. That never happened. Here is a little known situation. That Harris proposal is not new. Biden tried to make that happen. But, he could not get that through Congress when his own party controlled both the House and Senate. It's a silly proposal that's not going ANYWHERE.
I agree it’s not likely to become law but I don’t put it past Dems pushing it this time if they capture the house, senate, and presidency.

For what it’s worth, Fiscal tax policy may state a threshold for taxation but we must remember that high earning people and corporations will always find ways to legally pass taxes to low income earners. It’s as old as our nation’s existence — for every new tax enacted Congress will also enact ways for themselves to avoid those same taxes they force on others.

It's easy as it gets unless you live in a Trump bubble where no one you know or listen to would do anything but cheerlead and kiss Trump's ass
An individual with one of the worst cases of TDS imaginable is preaching about taking in the full picture. I've followed policy proposals closely on both sides. Have you? I've asked you a couple of times to tell us what you like about Harris policy and you've said you would have to get back to me.

For those who can handle the truth…

Your government has:

✅Poisoned you
✅Implemented immigration measures to replace you
✅Created censorship mechanisms to silence and cancel you
✅Stolen from you through grift
✅Debased your wages through inflation
✅Started profiteering forever wars on your behalf
✅Propagandized your loved ones against common sense

If you think the above is super groovy then vote the “Joy” ticket and carry on with the establishment!

We are at the event horizon.

ED

An individual with one of the worst cases of TDS imaginable is preaching about taking in the full picture. I've followed policy proposals closely on both sides. Have you? I've asked you a couple of times to tell us what you like about Harris policy and you've said you would have to get back to me.
He might be one of those people who don’t care about policy — only that it’s time for a woman to be president. You know, the same reason most women will vote for Harris. Or he may be Black , of which 90 percent will automatically vote for a Dem.

For those who can handle the truth…

Your government has:

✅Poisoned you
✅Implemented immigration measures to replace you
✅Created censorship mechanisms to silence and cancel you
✅Stolen from you through grift
✅Debased your wages through inflation
✅Started profiteering forever wars on your behalf
✅Propagandized your loved ones against common sense

If you think the above is super groovy then vote the “Joy” ticket and carry on with the establishment!

We are at the event horizon.

ED
Good stuff!

He might be one of those people who don’t care about policy — only that it’s time for a woman to be president. You know, the same reason most women will vote for Harris. Or he may be Black , of which 90 percent will automatically vote for a Dem.

It's looking more and more like many black voters will be supporting the non-Democratic Party rep this year.

Immigration and economy have them boiling.

The DeeDave's of the world will burn their houses and bank accounts down before they elect someone with a bad tweet resume.

Simple Minds.

Reactions: hahnenkampf

How about CBDCs, Stock?

How about 81,000 IRS Agents they tried to push through?

These people are not your friends.

"closely"

No. I don't follow anything any politician says "closely." I've already said I'd vote for a serial killer before I would Donald Trump so it really doesn't matter.

I said "I'd get back to you?" Well, I'm not getting back to you on that or anything else because it doesn't matter. LOL

I'm finally with Dick Cheney on something (except his support for gay marriage which I also support).

How about CBDCs, Stock?

Great point Ward. 87,000 IRS agents will be coming after everyone who files a tax return …. but not those illegals who work for daily cash and will never pay any income tax.

I would rather see a combination of 87,000 new Border Patrol agents and Federal Marshals.

Reactions: Lurker123

has nothing to do with gender. I've said dozens of times now- and it's always the same, I'd vote for anyone or anything over Donald Trump.

I agree it’s not likely to become law but I don’t put it past Dems pushing it this time if they capture the house, senate, and presidency.

For what it’s worth, Fiscal tax policy may state a threshold for taxation but we must remember that high earning people and corporations will always find ways to legally pass taxes to low income earners. It’s as old as our nation’s existence — for every new tax enacted Congress will also enact ways for themselves to avoid those same taxes they force on others.
I have no doubt that IF Harris wins, you are right. But most Democrats made it clear to Biden they were not in favor of it. Sure you have your Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warrens in the Democratic party. But, they are a small minority.

I agree with you about corporations, not high earning people, passing taxes to customers. _Personally, when it comes to corporate taxes, I'm in favor of a rate that's only in the midpoint of corporate tax rates among developed nations...no more.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
Great point Ward. 87,000 IRS agents will be coming after everyone who files a tax return …. but not those illegals who work for daily cash and will never pay any income tax.

They won't. That's silly and a lie. (I know this won't matter to you and the regulars here- but there are some others that read the board and never post so this response is for them)

Donald Trump's own appointed IRS Commissioner, Charles Rettig, told lawmakers in hearings that IRS staffing had shrunk to 1970s levels and that the IRS would need to hire 52,000 people over the next six years just to maintain current staffing levels to replace those who retire or otherwise leave.

(Republicans and Democrats in Congress were expecting the IRS to do more work and be more efficient because they were catching absolute hell from people and business owners back home that were not able to get their returns finalized by the IRS- some for well over a year or more).

The 87,000 figure comes from an assessment of how many full-time equivalent positions could be funded with money that was approved in the Act that was passed by Congress. Any additions to the IRS workforce will come as an expected 50,000 people at the agency are on track to retire in the next five to six years.

The Treasury Department said in its 2021 plan that not all the hiring would be for tax enforcement positions and would not happen all at once — it would happen gradually through 2031. Other priorities included "modernizing antiquated information technology.

Again- Donald Trump's own IRS commissioner supported the hiring of more employees.

How about CBDCs, Stock?

Ward, I'm not going to try and bluff my way to an answer. I think I mentioned this to you before: yes I regulated the sales of stocks, bonds, etc during part of my career. Crypto came around long after my time. But I can read charts, money flow data and the like so that the piddling amount I put into crypto investments are based on sound judgment.

Regarding the IRS agents, it does not bother me.

They won't. That's silly and a lie. (I know this won't matter to you and the regulars here- but there are some others that read the board and never post so this response is for them)

Donald Trump's own appointed IRS Commissioner, Charles Rettig, told lawmakers in hearings that IRS staffing had shrunk to 1970s levels and that the IRS would need to hire 52,000 people over the next six years just to maintain current staffing levels to replace those who retire or otherwise leave.

(Republicans and Democrats in Congress were expecting the IRS to do more work and be more efficient because they were catching absolute hell from people and business owners back home that were not able to get their returns finalized by the IRS- some for well over a year or more).

The 87,000 figure comes from an assessment of how many full-time equivalent positions could be funded with money that was approved in the Act that was passed by Congress. Any additions to the IRS workforce will come as an expected 50,000 people at the agency are on track to retire in the next five to six years.

The Treasury Department said in its 2021 plan that not all the hiring would be for tax enforcement positions and would not happen all at once — it would happen gradually through 2031. Other priorities included "modernizing antiquated information technology.

Again- Donald Trump's own IRS commissioner supported the hiring of more employees.

OPEN DAVE AI to the rescue below..... Keep shopping your clickbait, Dave.

"During his term, Donald Trump did not advocate for a significant increase in IRS agents. In fact, his administration generally favored reducing the size of government and cutting back on regulations. The Trump administration focused on tax cuts and reforms, including the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, which simplified parts of the tax code and reduced individual and corporate tax rates.

"In terms of IRS funding, Trump’s budgets proposed either maintaining or slightly reducing the IRS’s overall budget, and there was no major push from his administration to increase the number of IRS agents. This contrasts with the Biden administration’s more recent plans to increase IRS funding to enhance tax enforcement, particularly targeting high-income individuals and corporations that may underpay taxes.

"Trump’s stance was more aligned with reducing tax burdens and government spending, rather than increasing IRS enforcement efforts through hiring more agents."

Ward, I'm not going to try and bluff my way to an answer. I think I mentioned this to you before: yes I regulated the sales of stocks, bonds, etc during part of my career. Crypto came around long after my time. But I can read charts, money flow data and the like so that the piddling amount I put into crypto investments are based on sound judgment.

Regarding the IRS agents, it does not bother me.

What does any of this have to do with CBDCs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT