ADVERTISEMENT

Deebo is not playing ****

Sorry, read Deebo's own words: > "I will be at the bowl game to cheer on my brothers and to thank USC, the fans and my family for making my dreams come true!"

His dreams. All about him, not about team. Football = team game. Selfish. Again (3x) cannot be sliced or rationalized any other way. End of story. Cleveland would be too good. I'm thinking Buffalo.
Add yourself to the list. You want him to be unselfish yet look at you?

Reactions: ddw1263
If I am an NFL GM, I’m going to pick the best players who can help me win and keep my job. The Belk Bowl will have zero factor in my decision.

In fact, I may view him as a smarter guy, willing to protect himself. He may be considered less likely to do stupid things in the offseason like freak 4-wheeler accidents that affect the NFL team which is paying him.
Or shove a girl in the hall from a hotel party because she turned you down...

FFS man. go back to bashing UGA. I can tolerate that. Not bashing our own players after laying it out on the line for the team time and again.

Time and time again...except when it matters most. You're just mad because what I'm saying is logically and mathematically correct. He's quitting on his team for selfish reasons and there is absolutely NO WAY to spin it any other way. I'm not providing you with an "out" because there isn't one. I'll bash UGA again next year when they crap the bed, like always.

Reactions: Jpcooper
I don't get the logic. I understand players who are top ten not wanting to risk that with injury. But Deebo is a late first round to early third round player. If he lights up Virginia, he could make a lot of money. Wasting a good opportunity IMHO.

3rdbaseidot and Concretecock, you guys are the epitome of message board tough guys.....
No way in hell youd say any of this to the man's face.

Time and time again...except when it matters most. You're just mad because what I'm saying is logically and mathematically correct. He's quitting on his team for selfish reasons and there is absolutely NO WAY to spin it any other way. I'm not providing you with an "out" because there isn't one. I'll bash UGA again next year when they crap the bed, like always.
It's not logically or mathematically correct. This game doesn't matter in the slightest. It's a garbage bowl game against a garbage middle tier ACC team. Who cares?

Deebo realizes he has a life beyond Gamecock Football. It would be refreshing if some people on this forum had one. These kids don't exist for our vicarious thrills. They come to get an education and prepare for the NFL (hopefully both). After several injury scares, Deebo has a shot to land a contract that will pay more than the bitchers and moaners in sweatpants here will make in a lifetime. He owes us nothing. How many of the folks wailing about our Belk Bowl chances are even buying tickets? If you are seriously this worked up about whether we have 7 or 8 wins after playing Virginia, you really need to get a life. As for Deebo, I wish him all the best in his. Good man, great Gamecock!

Deebo realizes he has a life beyond Gamecock Football. It would be refreshing if some people on this forum had one. These kids don't exist for our vicarious thrills. They come to get an education and prepare for the NFL (hopefully both). After several injury scares, Deebo has a shot to land a contract that will pay more than the bitchers and moaners in sweatpants here will make in a lifetime. He owes us nothing. How many of the folks wailing about our Belk Bowl chances are even buying tickets? If you are seriously this worked up about whether we have 7 or 8 wins after playing Virginia, you really need to get a life. As for Deebo, I wish him all the best in his. Good man, great Gamecock!

Then let's cancel the Belk Bowl... If Deebo won't play the game, then why make the rest of the players play this garbage bowl...

It's not fair to force the the rest of the players to play this garbage bowl...

As secretive as this staff has been on certain things I fully expected something like this would’ve been kept under wraps until 15 min before kickoff.

When all these kids started doing this garbage, I quickly came to the conclusion that if I was responsible for picking players in the NFL draft, I'd skip right over these guys.

It's a team game and I'd want to know that a player wouldn't abandon the team for selfish reasons.

I don't care what rational is used, the bottom line is these kids are abandoning their team when it matters most. No other way to slice it.

If he blows his knee out in a meaningless bowl game are you gonna write him check for six figures . If you can you are doing a hell of a lot better than me !!

It's not logically or mathematically correct. This game doesn't matter in the slightest. It's a garbage bowl game against a garbage middle tier ACC team. Who cares?

It is actually. But I'll play along with your logic, flawed as it is. Based on your logic, next year during the regular season we can just skip playing all the OOC games cause they're garbage teams. Right?

Why stop there, let's take a close look at our in conference schedule next year. We can take Vandy off the table for sure.....definitely a garbage team right there. Who else? I bet if we try we can rationalize away not playing 2/3 rds of our games.

But wait a minute, hold on... we play the regular season games because we're playing for 2 ultimate things: 1) An SEC championship and 2) The absolute best bowl game we can get based off wins and losses during the regular season. Right?

(rolling my eyes) This is the last I will speak of this. Deebo quit on this team. For the 4th time, it cannot be sliced any other way.

If Scarnecchia decided to leave a lot of us wouldn’t mind. Some would say good for him.
Deebo has a future in pro sports. Playing for free is risky.

Well poop. I'm a little bit surprised, and a little bummed but I can't fault him really.

Time for Shi and Vann, along with Edwards, Crosby and Pollard to step up and carry the load! Let's go boys!!

He went to college to get a job . He’s gonna get one making more in a year than half us hillbillies make in a lifetime . Don’t give me this rah rah team first crap . College football is a BUSINESS . Schools make millions of dollars off these kids and they don’t get anything . I think he’s way more concerned about his future and his families future than the opinions of a bunch of couch potatoes . Don’t wanna burst your bubbles but any bowl that isn’t a playoff bowl means NOTHING !!! Especially with the early signing period . I guarantee none of his teammates have a problem with this decision . Good for him . He has laid it on the line his entire career . Wish him the best !!

“The lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of the Sheep “.

Right. Turn it down then everyone is safe and won’t get hurt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT