ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t Jump Off The Bridge Yet...

More facts. UNC was decimated by injuries last year. They lost 5 games by less than 7 points (Syr Cal, Duke, VT, NCST) and 2 games by 10 points (UVA, GT). They will win 8 games this year.

Many Gamecock fans are in disbelief because they continue to believe their own bull$hit. You believe that our conference just entitles us to wins against teams from “lesser” leagues. We get dejected when we lose to a UNC or UK. Why? We believe our own “Bull$hit”. Losing to these teams is unacceptable in our eyes. I call BS. UK was good last year. UNC might be good this year. It sucks to lose, but it’s not the end of the world. It’s game one.

You have two options. Quit on this team or support them. I choose to support them and look at the rest of the season as an opportunity. Call me a troll, drunk or whatever. Life is better when you have hope.

Clueless Part 2.

Have you ever played a sport? Do you understand when a team is not motivated? Are you able to figure out when a coach is not going to get it done?

I was captain of my High School baseball team and I can still whip most my age on the basketball court.

I know this. If I lose to you in game one, I’m not going to take my ball and go home. I’m going to challenge you again and work to beat you even if I have less talent.

I doubt many on this thread would do the same. I hope our team has a better attitude than our fan base.

I was captain of my High School baseball team and I can still whip most my age on the basketball court.

I know this. If I lose to you in game one, I’m not going to take my ball and go home. I’m going to challenge you again and work to beat you even if I have less talent.

I doubt many on this thread would do the same. I hope our team has a better attitude than our fan base.

How did your HS baseball team fare?

I am disappointed but I have never seen our fan base turn on our team so early. And so strongly. You guys really want to throw in the towel after 1 game?

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. The backs are good. Their lines were decent. Suratt led them in tackles. He was a QB last year. UNC always has talent. They outplayed us and won a close game. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us. We can win the state, the East and the SEC.

It’s one loss. One loss teams can win Championships. Let’s regroup and focus on next week. We have the right guy and enough talent to be great. We need our team and our fans to rally.
why not....what game were you watching? this is a dumpster fire.....and im being kind
5aa22d7456db5.image_.jpg

So you do not see what’s in front of us - a SH_ _ SHOW!!!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

So you didn't watch the game. The team has a far worse attitude.

I get what you are saying, but nobody that is a Gamecock fan wants to hear all that right now.

How did your HS baseball team fare?

We sucked. I changed my swing. I slumped from .435 as a junior to .230 my senior year. It was brutal and it’s the reason I always try so hard to stay positive. I DID lose hope and get down on myself. But I didn’t quit. I worked even harder and I finished the season. Your attitude is a choice.

We sucked. I changed my swing. I slumped from .435 as a junior to .230 my senior year. It was brutal and it’s the reason I always try so hard to stay positive. I DID lose hope and get down on myself. But I didn’t quit. I worked even harder and I finished the season. Your attitude is a choice.
Muschamp coached you too?

I get what you are saying, but nobody that is a Gamecock fan wants to hear all that right now.

I get it. Everybody is just soooo down. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing on the radio shows and seeing on Twitter. It’s game one. The season isn’t over.

It’s just football. Life is good brother. Make every day a great day!

I feel sorry for you. You seem like a nice guy. But please get a clue. This is a SH**SHOW. It is OK to call a spade a spade. This is not going to be turned around by this coach and this AD. We are dcrewed.

Good night guys! The sun will come up tomorrow. Don’t let a dumb football game ruin your day.

Life is too short. Go Cocks!!!

Muschamp is supposed to be a defensive guru? I don’t see that. The defense is not our strength.

The offense never seems to get into a rhythm. Does not matter if it is Roper, BMac, or Charlie Weis, WMs offenses have been sh__shows and his QBs ineffective. But when his QBs transfer they blossom at their new school. I think the root of the problem is WM.

For us to even be above 0.500 WM needs to only be a recruiter and leave the coaching to his coordinators. We might then get to 0.500.

The gap between Clemson and us has just widened. Thank you RT and WM. What a great service to Gamecock nation.

I am disappointed but I have never seen our fan base turn on our team so early. And so strongly. You guys really want to throw in the towel after 1 game?

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. The backs are good. Their lines were decent. Suratt led them in tackles. He was a QB last year. UNC always has talent. They outplayed us and won a close game. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us. We can win the state, the East and the SEC.

It’s one loss. One loss teams can win Championships. Let’s regroup and focus on next week. We have the right guy and enough talent to be great. We need our team and our fans to rally.

More facts. UNC was decimated by injuries last year. They lost 5 games by less than 7 points (Syr Cal, Duke, VT, NCST) and 2 games by 10 points (UVA, GT). They will win 8 games this year.

Doesn’t matter. In year 4, NO TEAM on our schedule should be blowing us off the ball.
We may not win the game. But getting manhandled has no excuse. Add to that a true freshman they obviously didn’t want to use the entire playbook with and it’s even worse.

I'll have some of what you're smoking.......Seriously, this is an ACC Coastal team that finished 2-9 last year with a new coach, and while they have some talent, they don't have as much as we do (247 says we are 21st in total team talent and UNC has 28th), and more importantly, we are a very "senior" team with a senior QB while UNC has an 18 yr-old true freshman.
Where UNC is better than us is on the sideline with a HC that has proven he knows what he's doing. MusChump has never proven anything other than he can recruit (his defensive experience has always been at places where he had more talent than most teams). Bentley has been so overrated it's pathetic. I remember hearing one of my friends when we signed Brandon McIlwain saying we were going to have a gamechanger and heard it again from him when Bentley signed.
Untl our BOT and RT recognize we are not competing for championships and do something about it, we will continue to be the little carolina.

To be fair, it is also a holdover from the Virginia drubbing. Win that bowl game and people would not be so down over one loss.

Reactions: FORKCOCK

You are right!!! I feel so much better now.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Many Gamecock fans are in disbelief because they continue to believe their own bull$hit. You believe that our conference just entitles us to wins against teams from “lesser” leagues. We get dejected when we lose to a UNC or UK. Why? We believe our own “Bull$hit”. Losing to these teams is unacceptable in our eyes. I call BS. UK was good last year. UNC might be good this year. It sucks to lose, but it’s not the end of the world. It’s game one.

You have two options. Quit on this team or support them. I choose to support them and look at the rest of the season as an opportunity. Call me a troll, drunk or whatever. Life is better when you have hope.

Tater troll at it's finest.

It’s sad that a positive attitude is met with such vitriol. You guys that want the coach’s head obviously have never played sports. A competitor doesn’t quit when he gets smacked in the face. You get back up, work harder and get better. One damn game and you quit on our team. That is a loser mentality.

I’ll cut you guys some slack. We are all pissed. Hopefully your attitudes will change when the booze wears off. I don’t drink. Maybe I’m just the only sober voice of reason on this board. I guess anger is better than apathy.
So what happens if you reach apathy? My only positive thought after yesterday is the fact that my fall Saturdays may just become more productive. Hanging onto hope is not an option for me - I’ve been let down far too many times.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Since I have two degrees from South Carolina, I outrank you. Last I checked, meth was for
losers. Excuse me for having hope. The
attitude of this fan base is disheartening. The sun will come up tomorrow.

What is disheartening is that Carolina has had fans like you for decades making excuses for failure...time and time again. If you want to see how real winner act...look at how teams that are traditional powerhouses act when confronted with.....as you call it adversity. Muschamp and family would have to flee to the Birmingham airport if he delivered a performance like this at Alabama. Nor sir..you got it wrong,,,u are the one with the loser mentality.

To be fair, it is also a holdover from the Virginia drubbing. Win that bowl game and people would not be so down over one loss.
When your last 3 games as HC are:
1-Getting your ass handed to you by your rival for the 5th year in a row
2-Getting your ass handed to you in a bowl game by a mid-level "A-she-she" coastal division team
3-Getting your ass handed to you by last year's bottom feeder in the "a-she-she" coastal....
it is time to get your ass out of town, and if you don't want to, it's time or the BOT and/or AD to lead you to the door.
Not a win yet over a Top 25 team? Is there any good excuse for that? Opening up year 4 on a neutral field against a patsy with a freshman QB and a new coaching staff? IS there any reason to continue to ride this sinking ship or is it time to move on? Maybe there is a HC on our staff like the taters got when they fired bowden and got goober to coach. It's actually worked out well for them, but it took from the BOT to the Prez to the entire school to support his vision....and it worked!

2-Getting your ass handed to you in a bowl game by a mid-level "A-she-she" coastal division team
3-Getting your ass handed to you by last year's bottom feeder in the "a-she-she" coastal....
it is time to get your ass out of town, and if you don't want to, it's time or the BOT and/or AD to lead you to the door.
Not a win yet over a Top 25 team? Is there any good excuse for that? Opening up year 4 on a neutral field against a patsy with a freshman QB and a new coaching staff? IS there any reason to continue to ride this sinking ship or is it time to move on? Maybe there is a HC on our staff like the taters got when they fired bowden and got goober to coach. It's actually worked out well for them, but it took from the BOT to the Prez to the entire school to support his vision....and it worked!

Don’t sugar coat it man, tell it like it is!

It felt like a continuation of the ass beating we took the end of last year. We generally gave the coaches a pass on the UVA game. No excuse this game.

I can see 12 hours hasn’t improved your attitudes. I for one, hope our team doesn’t quit like the fans on this board.

Thanks Rage. I am off the ledge for now.

I can see 12 hours hasn’t improved your attitudes. I for one, hope our team doesn’t quit like the fans on this board.
If the general fanbase doesn't "speak" loud and clear, we will ride this sinking ship down to a Brad Scott type year and win 1-2 games (he didn't have the luxury of getting to play but 1 small school each season).
So while I definitely want to "support" our team, I think the best way is to stop going to games to get a change as quickly as possible.

That is the point, it isn't just the North Carolina loss that has everyone so down on Muschamp.

Reactions: Jpcooper and nc38
Good night guys! The sun will come up tomorrow. Don’t let a dumb football game ruin your day.

Life is too short. Go Cocks!!!

I appreciate your attitude, and it did not ruin my day-I'm way past letting that happen with a meaningless football game. But, we've been lead to believe the team was better and we'd see a well coached team. That is not what we saw Saturday. So many of us feel duped. Hoodwinked, swindled, taken for fools by everyone who makes money off Gamecock football. That is where a lot of the frustration and bitterness comes from. No one saw this coming? Not one podcast, column, ex-player who attends practice, magazine etc saw Saturday's debacle coming?

I donate via the GCC and have season tickets, with a 3-4 hour drive one way. I've got a stake in this. I love USC. Lou Holtz's teams lost all their games in his first season but they played hard and looked like a different team compared to the previous year with Brad Scott as HC. I didn't miss a game in Lou's zero win season but I saw a lot of fight in those guys. And then it paid off.

But, all will be better, just wait. Justin King will make another unwatchable headache inducing overly dramatic video, Jake impressed Peyton at the Manning Academy, and we have a DJ in the stadium just like Clemson does. The players have a recording studio, CWM stands behind Jake, his senior QB and Coach has some great motivational sayings. The stadium soon will have more bathrooms for women, and the uniforms look great.

Meanwhile, Ryan Hillinski sits on the bench.

Man I actually admire where your coming from . Its inspiring . Problem is it’s counter productive. When people stop bitching they stop caring . When they stop caring they quit buying tickets and merchandise . When the stadium is half empty and no one cares the recruiting is non existent. 20 years ago we would support a very bad team because ... well we’re stupid and we only know mediocrity. Lou helped change that perception and Spurrier almost put it to bed . The next generation isn’t gonna do it . Hell i’m not gonna do it . Winning is the only thing and it ain’t gonna happen here currently . When Spurrier and Lou were losing to UF , UGA, Bama etc etc I could stomach it because we were totally outmatched but we battled every game and I felt like we had a chance in every game . Losing to UNC , UVA and Kentucky is not OK ANYTIME . No one can tell me UVA or UNC had the talent advantage. We need to demand change or it will never happen . It’s not about being negative or giving up , its about demanding to be better because we all deserve it .

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Yes, UNC is bad. They won 2 games last year, and one of those was against Western Carolina. They may have improved in the off season, and we should have too.
Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. Most of our players were hurt last year, and Bentley was a 4 star recruit 3 years ago. The backs are good No, they really are not that good. We just made them look good. Their lines were decent - Again, nah!. UNC always has talent - yes, and based on experience, we should have more and better talent. They outplayed us and won a close game - They beat the crap of us and embarrassed us.. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us - as they will be until midway through the season, and then they will be behind us.. We can win the state, the East and the SEC - I commend you for your optimism, but no we can't, and no we won't.

You still have a coach that is the very definition of insane....you know...doing the same thing over and over expecting different results...wake up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT