ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t Jump Off The Bridge Yet...

Raging Cock

May 7, 2019
I am disappointed but I have never seen our fan base turn on our team so early. And so strongly. You guys really want to throw in the towel after 1 game?

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. The backs are good. Their lines were decent. Suratt led them in tackles. He was a QB last year. UNC always has talent. They outplayed us and won a close game. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us. We can win the state, the East and the SEC.

It’s one loss. One loss teams can win Championships. Let’s regroup and focus on next week. We have the right guy and enough talent to be great. We need our team and our fans to rally.

Yes, it is just one loss, But, it is how we lost that really stands out. Isn't this a repeat of the Florida loss last year, with shades of the Virginia loss. I am usually pretty oblivious, but I think I may see some kind of pattern here.

What will it take to break out of the pattern? Is that doable?

Reactions: Brace1
It’s not like UNC is bad

What? They were 2 and f-ing 9 last year. Not bad??? WTF is bad then? The season is over. You’ll certainly get 0 championships this year. I mean seriously...you really aren’t giving up on championships of any sort at this point? I appreciate your positivity...but good grief. It feels more like denial. Season is over and Muschamp is...wait for it...a loser.

I am disappointed but I have never seen our fan base turn on our team so early. And so strongly. You guys really want to throw in the towel after 1 game?

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. The backs are good. Their lines were decent. Suratt led them in tackles. He was a QB last year. UNC always has talent. They outplayed us and won a close game. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us. We can win the state, the East and the SEC.

It’s one loss. One loss teams can win Championships. Let’s regroup and focus on next week. We have the right guy and enough talent to be great. We need our team and our fans to rally.
Stop sniffing the company line brother.I have seen the light boss, Muschamp isn't a good head coach and never will be.Its over for us and him.I dont care if we somehow eke out 6-6.He isn't the answer.I defended him when it didn't work out at UF ,same shit show here.

Rally? For what reason? What in Gamecock History do you not see? Rah Rah our way to another mediocre season? Maybe the fans need to vent and begin to understand that is is and always has been Gamecock football. There is no National Championship or SEC Championship at the end of this story. Come to grips with that. I'd suggest moving on, but doubling down... go for it.

this sounds like something a certain Coach in the upstate would say.

Reactions: Brace1

We threw the towel in after we struggled to beat Akron. Got half hundred hung on us by clemson. And got gang raped by Virginia. This is just the Garnet Way. Accept incompetence. Just stop playing football if it’s going to be a shit show

People are saying UNC is bad. Why? They were beat up last year. This is a different team. New coaches. New QB. They always have skill guys.

We beat them in ‘15 and they went on to the ACC Championship. Maybe this could be a role reversal. Maybe we should let things play out before we hang our coach after 1 game.

You people act like we lost to the Citadel. Last I checked, UNC owns us head to head and has been a historically pretty good program. Guess what? Other conferences play good football. Is there that big a difference between Florida and UNC after week 1? How about Tennessee and UNC? I don’t see one. UNC looked better than both those teams. You guys are upset by the name of the Jersey instead of the quality of the team. Maybe UNC is a decent team and we didn’t play well.

Only a loser quits on his team after 1 game. Are you a loser?

1478971002276.jpg
RollLaugh

People are saying UNC is bad. Why? They were beat up last year. This is a different team. New coaches. New QB. They always have skill guys.

We beat them in ‘15 and they went on to the ACC Championship. Maybe this could be a role reversal. Maybe we should let things play out before we hang our coach after 1 game.

You people act like we lost to the Citadel. Last I checked, UNC owns us head to head and has been a historically pretty good program. Guess what? Other conferences play good football. Is there that big a difference between Florida and UNC after week 1? How about Tennessee and UNC? I don’t see one. UNC looked better than both those teams. You guys are upset by the name of the Jersey instead of the quality of the team. Maybe UNC is a decent team and we didn’t play well.

We are only quitting on the team if we don’t do something to change things. Come to the game next week and you are quitting on the team. It’s time to make a stand. This is BS

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I was there. We got boat raced. Couldnt stop the run, the slant passes, the fades, got manhandeled upfront on offense and defense and their freshman QB looked like Dan Marino. We were outplayed, out coached and anything else you want to add. EPIC FAILURE. The entire stadium of Gamecock fans were in dis belief! Im beyond pissed.

This is laughable. Quit meth now.

I’m serious. It’s one game. We didn’t play well. It was hot. I blew some money to watch us underperform. I’m mad. I’m pissed. It’s unacceptable. I stated so.

Check your emotions. As fans, we can’t just give up. At least let the season play out a few games before we crucify our coach. Muschamp didn’t miss those wide open throws. You really want to start over again and lose the recruits we have coming in? The cycle will continue. This year may be tough but we have opportunities to shock the world. Don’t give up yet.

Reactions: nikolas22
I’m serious. It’s one game. We didn’t play well. It was hot. I blew some money to watch us underperform. I’m mad. I’m pissed. It’s unacceptable. I stated so.

Check your emotions. As fans, we can’t just give up. At least let the season play out a few games before we crucify our coach. Muschamp didn’t miss those wide open throws. You really want to start over again and lose the recruits we have coming in? The cycle will continue. This year may be tough but we have opportunities to shock the world. Don’t give up yet.

Sir, if you are so drunk that you can’t see how poorly prepared that team was on that field, nothing will help you.

The awful play calling, etc. ...

Quit drinking now.

It's one game? You really don't understand or appreciate the sad history of this program and the constant state of misery this fanbase is in? "Shock the world?" I don't know what drugs you are on, but I suggest they have completely detached you from reality.

Got to be a Ostarine troll. No other explanation.

You are right, he didn’t miss those throws. However he could have replaced that guy when it was obvious he was struggling. It is on him that we had a vanilla game plan with no answer to stop the bleeding when the game started to shift. It is on him to be conservative right before the half instead of showing your team “we are going to try and get all we can”. It is on him to punt inside of UNC’s 40 on 4th and short. It is on him that our DBs have done a piss poor job of playing the ball since he has been here. It is on him that we continue to tackle worse than a middle school. None of what I have stated is over blown or false. AND IT IS HAPPENING IN YEAR 4!

A team coming off a 2 win season a year ago*** soundly beating a team with a coach in his fourth year speaks volumes. If you can accept that as a fan, then by all means continue to buy those season tickets, pay those high prices for parking, sit for hours trying to leave the stadium after a game, and listen to the radio playing "The Sun will come out tomorrow....." On the other hand, if you want to fly out to Vegas when they face Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson, then bet the farm on the FACT the other team will cover the spread against USC this year. At least your farm will be paid off three times over.

***Look at all the stats in the game, not just the score.

Reactions: CCGC34 and Brace1

The Titanic isn’t sinking! Listen, the band’s still playing. Just trust Captain Muschamp and enjoy the ride...right down to the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.today.com/health/how-live-longer-study-links-optimism-longevity-t161337

Positive people live longer friends. You have a choice in how you deal with adversity. You can quit or hope for the best. I choose the latter. I admit, it’s not easy. I really just can’t bare the thought of starting over again. It will set our program back 4 years. It’s game one. Support our team and let it play out.
I am not negative, but positivity that ignores reality is delusion and that isn't healthy either.

Reactions: nc38 and Brace1
It’s sad that a positive attitude is met with such vitriol. You guys that want the coach’s head obviously have never played sports. A competitor doesn’t quit when he gets smacked in the face. You get back up, work harder and get better. One damn game and you quit on our team. That is a loser mentality.

I’ll cut you guys some slack. We are all pissed. Hopefully your attitudes will change when the booze wears off. I don’t drink. Maybe I’m just the only sober voice of reason on this board. I guess anger is better than apathy.

Reactions: tngamecock#
https://www.today.com/health/how-live-longer-study-links-optimism-longevity-t161337

Positive people live longer friends. You have a choice in how you deal with adversity. You can quit or hope for the best. I choose the latter. I admit, it’s not easy. I really just can’t bare the thought of starting over again. It will set our program back 4 years. It’s game one. Support our team and let it play out.

UNC started over and it has not set them back four years. Looks like they are off and running under a first year (REAL) coach that knows what he is doing. He was a big winner while at UNC with top 5 recruiting classes. He left there and went to Texas and won a national championship against Southern Cal. That is the difference between making real changes in a program verses doing the same thing over and over while hoping for different results. Being an assistant on a national championship team is a whole different ball game than winning one as a Head Coach. Staying positive when you parachute will not open won't make the sudden stop at the end any less lethal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT