ADVERTISEMENT

Easily best win of Kingston Era....

A great win indeed... Happy for Kingston and the players... Curious thing about our fans is this thread would trending had we lost???

Kept on telling y'all....give it time. Batting mechanics and approach at the plate are changing, players just have to get more confident in them...but they're coming around.
Also I believe Kingston and Meade have figured out some things on the mound. L. Chapman looks like he needs to be a starter in the weekend rotation as shown by his last few starts. Bridges looks like he can fill the much needed, close game, middle reliever spot. He’s been solid all year and gives a different look out of the pen. The young arms have seen a lot of innings and will hopefully benefit from their experience and be more confident.
Also getting Campbell and Stokes back is huge for the batting lineup. Campbell is a natural leadoff guy. He really set the tone early driving up Knight’s pitch count yesterday even though he struck out. His speed puts so much pressure on the defense when he puts the ball in play. Stokes bat in the lineup protects Cortez and makes the top 3 hitters tough to pitch around. Not to mention Row at 2b, which is huge defensively not only because he is solid there, but because it allows Bride to play at 3b.
Last nights win was big and hopefully it will lead to more especially if we can get Stokes back at SS and Hopkins back in CF

This is why Mark Kingston is OUR COACH! And not Chad Holbroken...

95% of the players on the team are Holbroken players and he would have let the player choke in the 8th or 9th innings...

Also I believe Kingston and Meade have figured out some things on the mound. L. Chapman looks like he needs to be a starter in the weekend rotation as shown by his last few starts. Bridges looks like he can fill the much needed, close game, middle reliever spot. He’s been solid all year and gives a different look out of the pen. The young arms have seen a lot of innings and will hopefully benefit from their experience and be more confident.
Also getting Campbell and Stokes back is huge for the batting lineup. Campbell is a natural leadoff guy. He really set the tone early driving up Knight’s pitch count yesterday even though he struck out. His speed puts so much pressure on the defense when he puts the ball in play. Stokes bat in the lineup protects Cortez and makes the top 3 hitters tough to pitch around. Not to mention Row at 2b, which is huge defensively not only because he is solid there, but because it allows Bride to play at 3b.
Last nights win was big and hopefully it will lead to more especially if we can get Stokes back at SS and Hopkins back in CF
I have said all year that we have some talent in these young pitchers. They are gaining valuable experience this year and it is going to help down the stretch and the next couple of years on the mound.

One more thing I’ve noticed and maybe it’s just me, but they seem to be playing kinda tight. They look so business like or robotic even in the dugout. I know it’s a little thing, but baseball is not a game that players usually perform well if they are too wound up. Take at least one more from arky and maybe they can bring back the fish, spirit bat, or something new to satisfy the superstitious beast

Win the series. Show me.

Do enough to make a regional.
A region is highly unlikely at this point.. Any fan that expected that considering the mess left by Holbrook is just delusional..We wont know how effective Kingston has been until next year this time... He has a lot of work to do... Let's stop banging on the HBC and support him... Seems like a very good HBC trying to make the best of a limited roster

A region is highly unlikely at this point.. Any fan that expected that considering the mess left by Holbrook is just delusional.

I'm an alum of the University of South Carolina. Our baseball program is one of the blue bloods of the sport. It is not unreasonable nor delusional to expect it to, at minimum, qualify for the post season EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Reactions: fire ant
I'm an alum of the University of South Carolina. Our baseball program is one of the blue bloods of the sport. It is not unreasonable nor delusional to expect it to, at minimum, qualify for the post season EVERY SINGLE YEAR.
I am an alum, have been going to games for 39 years, and have forgotten more about Gamecock Baseball than most will learn in their lifetime. But even I have to recognize that a Regional this year is more than likely not going to happen, thanks to the mess that was left in this program by the previous coaching staff - ALL of them. It was far worse than many of us believed.

Last edited:
I am an alum, have been going to games for 39 years, and have forgotten more about Gamecock Baseball than most will learn in their lifetime. But even I have to recognize that a Regional this year is more than likely not going to happen, thanks the the mess that was left in this program by the previous coaching staff - ALL of them. It was far worse than many of us believed.
shes-right-you-9wych9.jpg

I am an alum, have been going to games for 39 years, and have forgotten more about Gamecock Baseball than most will learn in their lifetime. But even I have to recognize that a Regional this year is more than likely not going to happen, thanks the the mess that was left in this program by the previous coaching staff - ALL of them. It was far worse than many of us believed.

@USCBatgirl I have been a 38 year season tix holder myself. Remember at The Sarge Frye Field when we sat on the cement at the Sarge instead of bleacher seats ? Some of those March night games were brutally COLD.

Last night's game reminded me of the first championship year and the "win anyway" motto. All those bases loaded innings by Arky along with some mistakes by the Gamecock defense plus some bad luck and no one lost their cool or wilted under pressure. Based on what has been happening in similar circumstance of late, I feared they would fold but they held together and maintained a one run lead for most of the game. Arky's team batting average is higher than all but the best hitters on our squad. Scary.

Baseball is not a game that usually keeps you on edge for nine innings but this one did.
Go Gamecocks!!!

I think we have a decent chance of making a regional. A lot depends on staying healthy.

If we can win the rest of the midweek games and finish no worse than 14-16 in the SEC we should sneak in. That would give us a bunch of quality wins and put us in the middle of a very strong conference.

It's still out there for us and the team seems to be coming around. Adam Hill can help our resume today if he trusts his stuff and challenges hitters. Win this series and we're back on the map.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitchenlabs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT